What are your least used/biggest let down lights of 2016

The Cometa. While I, like all the rest of you, occasionally purchase lights that are a let down in some way- performance, build quality, etc.- my real problem with the light is how we were all treated by the vender.

Naw, at this point I just roll my own for the most part. Way easier to build from scratch than strip down and rebuild.

No need to mess with desoldering then resoldering, no nightmares with glued heads, none of that.

And at least this way you know things are properly greased (lube and thermal), you can pot the pill/driver if you want, you can flash the living Hell out of the driver ’til you’re happy with it.

If you’re okay with an off-the-rack light, none of the above applies, but if you’re easily irritated and annoyed by stoopit little things like blinky modes, LMH/HML order, etc., like I am, you just roll yer own.

So… you modded a side-clicky into a twisty. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I think he means electronic lock-out.
I also have the Mi7, doesn’t get much use either, only if I need a light fast and it’s the first one in my reach. Had it in my pocket once and it also turned on…

Yeah, the electronic lockout… hold for like 5 seconds to lock it, triple click to unlock.

Not to stray off thread, but agree with this. The Zebralight is NOT a budget light, but I finally broke down and got one last summer (the SC62w at $69 when it got discounted after the 63’s came out). Is it perfect? No. But it is my go-to. Barely longer than an 18650 (96mm), easy access to 6 different lighting levels (that can be customized further to your preference) and a big ol’ easy to find side clicky button….add quick access to battery level indicator and longer 18650 run time….good stuff.

Positive rant over.

Klarus Mi7 : first I was disappointed by the “Red” color which was in fact Pink, then the UI and modes…it really misses a moonlight mode.
I had great expectations for it to become my EDC… well now it sits on my shelf. My S1A is so much better !

Aha, gotcha. Thought he meant giving the tailcap a quarter-turn or so.

I got the same feeling from Mi7, wanted to go for the manker but too expensive and when my Mi7 arived the gb for that Utorch started :person_facepalming:
Still it kinda suprises me with the output