What blade did you EDC today?

That’s a pretty one! :+1:

CH Nighthawk flipper for me:

Haven’t decided which clone to EDC tomorrow.

Clones

Send in the clones…

These are not the clones you’re looking for.

I vote for the Slash. You can’t go wrong with a 10 mm thick blade! :wink:

Harnds Seal today:

The Slasher is a pant dropper in the pocket with a 3/8” thick blade.

I usually EDC about 5 or 6 blades (hey, I like options!) if I count my Leatherman Charge Tti and Crunch blades. My 2 main EDC blades are these.

It was the DSK (Dan Sullivan Knife) clone today…super smooth with 1/4” thick spike blade.

Tuyaknife Talisman today:

Kershaw Boilermaker 3475!

I really like this knife.

I like that it's a different color than the rest of my knives.

I like the different shape when it's closed.

I like the clip.

I like that it's got a nice heft to it.

Overall, it's excellent!

Just carrying the ZT 562. Even cut some Cat 5E cabling with it… I have to say ZT has yet to let me down.

No image today.

ZT 0562CF today. Rotation of a handful of knives but this one has become a bit of the goldilocks blade over the last couple of years.

ZT 0620CF today.
Not on photobucket so how do you guys post you pics?
Thanks in advance.

Imgur is pretty popular, but it's blocked in China.

I use abload.de, but it's in German.

Those are the image hosting sites that I like.

Of course neither are perfect.

I made a blog on blogspot.com. Good as a picdump, too.

I use Tiny Pic… when I post pictures of my own.

Nice looking stuff you got on your site Adahn! :sunglasses: :beer:

I would like some advice :slight_smile: I am new to the knife addiction, coming from FL addiction.

What are some good knives for EDC? If you were to choose a Top 3 most recommended? I dont want to start with good but very cheap and work my way up the way I did with my Flashlights, I want to buy something that I wont be upgrading all the time.

Budget per knife: up to $100

Gearbest go,comma flipper, usually on flash sale for 10-11bux.

Buy 9 of ’em.

Teacher’ll fill in the details.

You ask 10 different people & you’ll get 11 different answers most likely. :smiley:

Here are some Chineese model folding knives I would suggest & recommend to get you started slowly & for not much money. If you do not have much experience with knives, these will give you a chance to experience some different size knives with nice basic handle shapes…. nothing wild & crazy

Get one of THESE . The clip is not great but the knife is! This is the one Lightbringer mentioned, it is a nobrainer to get. imo . :wink:
It is flipper open & liner lock. D2 steel

One of THESE too. The GANZO FB7651 with Axis lock. This is an excellent knife & will give you the opportunity to try the Axis lock…. my personal favorite. It is thumb stud open with Axis lock. 440C steel.

I recommend the Ganzo/Firebird FH 41 also. It is a flipper open liner lock. Very nicely done. D2 steel.

THIS is a very nice one too. This is similar to a FH11, but a more sturdy build imo. Back on sale now for $18.99 too.
Flipper open liner lock. D2 steel.

You won’t go wrong with any or all of these to start out.

Bear in mind these are just ‘Budget Kinfe’ suggestions. But they are knives that I find very well made & well worth the modest prices. They hold up well under use also. Every one I have recommended I own & use too.
I am not a ‘mall ninja’ user or knife guy. :wink:

Then, depending on your budget; the knife world awaits you. :money_mouth_face:

Benchmade makes a great knife, as does Kershaw & others. Personally, I do not like the Kershaw Assisted Opening at all however.
I avoid any knife that has ‘assisted opening’ like the plague…. unless of course it is Full Auto.
That is just me however, you might like it.

The four knives I mentioned above all have ball bearings

Ball bearings are great for quick smooth opening, but they get dirty unless your particular in how you use it. For a hard use folder, bronze pivot washers are hard to beat.

And these are just folders… you can’t forget the world of Fixed Blade knives.

ESEE make some great fixed blade knives that hold up great even under extreme use. Benchmade makes some nice ones too, as do others.

You can also get an excellent Custom Fixed blade from a reputable maker for $250 - $350. Take your time & do your research & you’ll have a knife that will serve you well & last a few lifetimes.

I’ll add some more suggestions to this post for your consideration.

Hope this has helped. :slight_smile:
Edited to add:

The LAND 913 12C27 Stainless Steel Folding Knife is a nice one also. The 913 is the black stainless version, the 912 is the stonewashed stainless version.

It is almost an exact copy/knockoff/rip off of a Sebenza …. just cheaper components. Tolerences are also not as tight probably, but they are very, very, very good!! . :+1:

Sized halfway between the Small Sebenza & Large Sebenza.
It is a thumb stud open frame lock. The advertised steel is a very decent steel (12C27) & it would give you a chance to try a Frame Lock for a relatively cheap price.