What cheap (and safe) single cell charger for a gift set?

OK good, I did learn something. :wink: Thanks for the “megger” info to, I understand that perfectly.

I see now why there must be separation between the primary and secondary…. not enough separation (distance) between them and primary arcs to secondary then bad things happen.

Yeah that Blitzwolf does look good and I do not have a problem with BG at all. :slight_smile:

Thank you again for all the info DEL…. I appreciate it. :slight_smile:

I encourage anyone interested to go to that product page and ask the same question.
It is always interesting to try to get someone at the customer support desk to convince a manager to let them tell the truth about what they know, or don’t know.

Particularly any question that would need actually laying hands on the product or (gasp!) opening it up and looking inside.
Since they don’t really have them ….

Oh OK, i had seen it but not looked at the tear down pics…. when I did it was pretty eye opening, to say the least. :open_mouth: … Another word would be “scary” referring to the “Fakes” I have. :person_facepalming:

I’m thinking about just getting one or the other of these.

Oh yeah, the shape of that one that is less than $1 looks real familiar……. :person_facepalming: … :smiley:
I may just use the one’s like that I have for target practice. :wink:

Thanks to this thread , I just ordered 3 liitokita 100, and 1 liito 202 charger. Love the fact you can use these chargers as a battery bank.

And if you hook them up in a circle, alternating use as charger and as power supply, perpetual mo …. oh, wait …

I mostly suggest on LiitoKala Lii-100.

It’s more affordable and easy to use.

XTAR MC1 PLUS more good looking Auto select according type.

I have this one teacher http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291258871850?\_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Orico 4 outlet,30W, 6A .
It also comes recommended by HKJ & seems to work well :+1:

Thanks for that info ‘bella-headlight’, that does look like a good one too. It is much more portable than the two I mentioned above also. :+1:

HKJ Review of: Orico 4-Port Wall USB charger DCA-4U
http://lygte-info.dk/review/USBpower%20Orico%204-Port%20Wall%20USB%20charger%20DCA-4U%20UK.html

I was in WalMart this morning and picked up one of these for $4.88.

I have no idea if it is any good or not though. I was gonna quickly “pop it apart” & see what is in it. But, it does not just “pop apart”.
I’ll have to Dremel it apart & don’t have the Dremel with me at the moment. But I’ll put up some pictures of what’s inside when I finally do have time (and Dremel) to get it done. :wink:

It says it is “UL listed”, but; it also says it is “Made in China”; so who knows??? :wink:

2.1Amps for $4.88!!!
This looks like a very good deal…?
I can’t help but be a tad suspicious… Do you ave a usb tester or some other means to probe it?

PS: Google is clueless about “ONA16Wi035”…

PS2: are you drifting toward that “tear down all usb adapters i can put my hands on” sort of obsession? I think i got contaminated too… :person_facepalming:

Yesterday i bagged for “recycling” almost ten of those crappy cheap adapters i got from different sources… and i probably have a couple others i forgot about. It didn’t cost me more then $20 (although the one i got with an ecig kit three years ago did probably cost me half of that alone if not more) but could have been far worse. I have six Enerpower 1A adapters on the way.

Thanks to hank. :wink:

Yeah, it is a good deal IF it is worth a crap. :slight_smile:
Trust me, I am more than a “tad suspicious”. I’ll be pleasantly surprised IF it turns out to be any good at all.
My USB tester is missing in action right now…. :person_facepalming: But I’m sure it will surface before to long…. maybe. When it does I’ll post the results.

I’m not surprised about the PS either… I can’t find anything on it.

And as far as your question in “PS2” ‘patmurris’… the answer is yes. :blush: … :person_facepalming:
Just what I needed, another “obsession”……… :person_facepalming: …
:smiley:
I can’t help it though after seeing the inside of the crappy one I want to see some good ones… hopefully.

I also got this USB Car Charger this morning for $4.88 at WalMart also. (I actually did need one.:blush: )

My question are:

• What are the safety concerns with these?
  • How does one know if these are any good or not?

> UL listed
go to the UL website, there is a number printed near the symbol on the product. Look that up.

I think HKJ has tested a couple but not sure how extensive have been his investigations on that matter…

Regarding that new obsession no one needs, i can think of a possible future awkward moment:

Her - Darling did you see my phone charger?
Him - Hooo… that was yours??? (holding a bunch of wrecked components in one hand and in the other a hammer) :smiling_imp:

OK thanks, I’ll look for HKJ’s car charger reviews.

Yeah, I can just picture that scenario you mentioned about the phone charger. :smiley: . It would not end well I am sure. :wink:

Speaking of the “new obsession”, have you seen this one by HKJ? I just ran across it. Sure helps me with component identification, since I don’t know what any of them are for the most part. :wink:

How does a usb charger work? / by HKJ
http://lygte-info.dk/info/SMPS%20workings%20UK.html

Great idea, I’ve tried and not having any luck doing it though. I am pretty sure it is “operator error” on my part. :person_facepalming:

did you get this far?

I put in E347649 on that search page — taking that from the photo you posted
The result is info about the manufacturer “Sky Tech Worldwide” (looks real) with four links to pages with specific models.
I tried the one for power supplies, you might find yours listed here, I quit looking at this point:

(one of four pages for that manufacturer —-you can get to it from searching)

UL has a link to inquire more specifically:

“Did I get that far?” :person_facepalming:
Not even close ‘hank’……… :person_facepalming: Like I said, “operator error”…. a clear cut case of it. :slight_smile:

Thank You!!! I appreciate you doing this…… :+1:

I copied the below from the second link you provided above and sure enough it was listed in the first line of models. (I made it BOLD below)

See General Information for Power Supplies, Information Technology Equipment Including Electrical Business Equipment

SKY TECH WORLDWIDE INC E347649
6242 Meadowlark LN
Chino, CA 91710 USA

I,T,E Power Supply, Model(s) TCA52-12W, TCA52-10W, ONA16WI037, TCA52-521A

ok, glad it helped. For the record, this is how I found that:

https://www.google.com/search?q=underwriters+lab+product+check

“Helped” is a total understatement. You took it and ran with it. :+1:

Thanks again…… :slight_smile:

Hope you have a good Thanksgiving!