What did you mod today?

Brass Spinner :slight_smile:

Not much of a mod by todays standardsā€¦ built a SMO P60 with a 219C and a Jaxman M2 driver. The point of the light is to really get the most of the batteries in the light since it will be sealed in a vacuum bag with a spare set of lithium AA batteries and a Solarforce L2r for a SHTF light. Will also seal up the original M2 the same way. We are on the edge of tornado alley and see 4 or 5 in a season here.

Nice spinner CRX! I have a spinner on order (some GB or BG deal, canā€™t remember) to find out why one would want one. And now I know that modding is an option too! :party:

Sounds like a quality flashlight. It is the first time I hear of the L2r, and it sounds like it has some potential for 6V leds too, but nothing high powered, it is still the P60 system.
I tried to find it, it is a rather old model and seems not for sale anymore

Yeah theyā€™re much better with some glowy stuff on them.

They have not sold them for years, broke it out of a collection just for this dropin. It feels great in the hand and has a very unique color for the Solarforce silver lights. I also have the Javelin 2*AA and may do the same for it. Both are high quality, the Solarforce has very thick walls and good knurling to go with itā€™s good looks. It is just very hard to find a decent 2*AA driver without PWM and reasonable output couple that with 17mm and good luck. I was as happy to see the M2 for the driver as I was for the light as built.

Assembled one of my Jaxman E2L hosts. I put in 3 XP-L HI LEDs and a BLF A17DD driver jost to try them out. It draws 9.8A on turbo.

And easily tortured the little sponge:

Iā€™ve been wanting to finish this thing off. I finally got it together today. It still needs a final buffing but itā€™s pretty much done. I didnā€™t polish the inside of the bezel to reduce glare but Iā€™m thinking about going ahead and polishing that as well. Any thoughts?

Itā€™s an s41s with a lot of loving. It has two xpg3 5700 90+ cri along with two nichia 219c 4500 90+cri. Itā€™s powered by a one of a kind h17f+ driver. Itā€™s was made my dr Jones and is a beefed up version of the h17f. Itā€™s designed to handle the higher amp builds and has a low resistance fet as you can tell by the 21.6amps measured at the tail on a fully charged and rested 30q. A higher amp cell may pull even more!
It has a purple lighted tailcap drawing just 34ua of current and a 5deg luminix diffuser at the other end to blend the beam of the Cree and nichias. Very nice wall of light coming from this thing. Iā€™ll make a build and sales thread soon. I built it with care and with the best of everything I have with the intentions of making a desireable light for forum members. Those around me donā€™t appreciate this stuff nearly as much as all of us;) anyway. Hereā€™s. Peek.

Beautiful!!!

:+1: Superb!!

That is a Beauty! Love the Aggressive Knurling of the SS S41s, wish I could get that AK in Aluminum or Copper!! Never know when you might have to saw wood or grate cheese for your pasta!! Great Job!

Wow Lightrider, that shines!

A led swap this evening, took out the very cool XP-L HI out of my Crelant V4A and replaced with a very warm Nichia 219C 2700K 92 CRI on a 20mm Noctigon board. Lost buckets of light, just 560 lumen leftover. The beam is still very nice, and the hotspot is still as good as it gets even though it went from a dome-less led to a domed led.

Ya, thatā€™s even after filing and sanding it down some. Itā€™s nice now. A little too much for me if it were my everyday light but this is too perdy for that:)

Way cool picture of the Nichia LED in your flashlight djozz!

I received this light todayā€¦.

ā€¦and bolted it to a peak cap (yes, literally). I initially stuck it to a head strap but thought it would be easier to use on a hat. Iā€™ll get to use it at work in the next week or two. It has some minor tint shift in the beam but itā€™s otherwise a nice smooth flood.

A good word for your ā€˜labor of loveā€™ would be stunning.

WHAT HAVE I DONE WITH MY LIFE ?

LOL JK, nice cheap headlamp for close-up tasks :slight_smile:

Thank you friend! I did a lot of hand sanding and took off all the sharp edges. Especially on the tailcap. It gives it the look of a polished handcrafted firearm. Thereā€™s a slight arc to the reflection leading to a gentle but well defined edge.

Are you sure thats not a harmonica pp? :stuck_out_tongue:

Your polishing job is superb LR. I have a few lights headed your way for the special treatment. :+1:

Lol, maybe I shouldā€™ve got a spanner to make it look like I was fixing the garage doorā€¦

Thanks MRsDNF!

Thatā€™s a digital harmonica. Just blow into the leds and it converts it to a digital signal and sends it to an amplifier. :smiley: