What did you mod today?

Took my dusty old Emisar D4 today and installed one of Lexel’s FET+6+1 drivers running Anduril. I then reflowed some below BBL SST-20 3000K 90CRI LED’s (that good stuff from BlueSwordM) … If this is what the D4 was like out the box then it wouldn’t have collected so much dust. Max ramp is set to max AMC regulated current. Awesome light!

Finished my rrt-01 triple today for a trip this weekend.

With a trimmed down crx glowring and a Lee zircon 808 warm amber 6 filter over the SW35 9080 leds.

Just a perfect light and gorgeous tint.

Andúril has no version number to blink out.
The only way to guess the age is to check for features.
You can use the commit log link from the manual.

Changes in Andúril: Commit log (instead a change log): https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~toykeeper/flashlightfirmware/fsm/changes

Makes sense, thanks!

Stripped all components off a cooked driver board that’s been kicking around. :confounded: it started its life as a PMW headache inducer so I wasn’t sad when it croaked.
After probing it with a DMM I found just one place to safely mount a 7135 :disguised_face: so I piggybacked a second onto that and shoved them into a mini c8 clone with one of the SST-20 3500k I had nearby.
:wink: Final result* 13,000 cd of high CRI fun :sunglasses:

update decided a small hit to runtime wouldnt be an issue for my use so I stacked a third 7135 onto it, better than 15kcd now …as measured with the floppy drive I’m posting this with :+1:

update 2 the board couldn’t handle that 1 amp being sent the wrong direction and cooked itself the rest of the way :person_facepalming: the smell is horrible, gonna call this one dead, again.

You don’t get to do that to me! I want specs and test numbers :stuck_out_tongue:

Too much light in the room, numbers tonight. But the picture was because I was kind of proud how I got the led centered, it was a precison job to ream the 3535 centering piece to 4040 while keeping a flimsy 0.05 mm raised edge going into the reflector (you can see it in the pic) because the reflector hole is for 40.3-40.3. :nerd_face:

Is this the FT03?
Nice job at centering the emitter!

No, a Micro-GT with Boost HL. No spring bypass yet, still have to test the current (my clamp meter broke, so I have to improvise with the precision resistor).

Jos, is that a CULNM1.TG in the FT03 Micro GT ?
What driver are you using and how many amps are you drawing?

Looking for specs and numbers :beer:

A Boost HL in the FT03 would be fun too, but I never bought one because I do not believe in 26650 batteries, and it makes the battery tube too fat in my experience. I do believe in the nice FT03 reflector though, I wished the FT03 was made for 21700 instead of 26650.

What about the convoy L21a then?

The L21A has a smaller reflector than the FT03. And in my taste the design is too busy, just like the L6. I have a FT02 that I like very much as an alround thrower but it would be too fat for a Boost HL (apart from that it has a 12V driver).

Lumintop GT-micro with Osram Boost HL led and purple Efest 14500, throw measured at 30 seconds: 135 kcd.

Pretty remarkable to have that throw in such a tiny host. To get an idea: this beamshot of houses at 100 meter (I adjusted the exposure to what I see in reality) is after the throw measurement without recharging the battery, so not quite 135 kcd anymore, maybe 120.

Wow so that is almost double what I measured in a BLF X5 with 1mm2, does that sound right?

I measured it the best I could, at 7 meter distance with an Extech LT45 luxmeter that I corrected for what I know is the error relative to my calibrated Mobilux luxmeter (–4.5%). Focus is as perfect as I ever managed, and the GT-Micro reflector (29mm diameter) has a 1.6 times larger front surface area as the X5 reflector (23mm diameter). The Boost HL performs a littlebit better than the 1mm2 White Flat too.

Sounds about right then! Didn’t realize the head was so much larger as I don’t have a GT anything

I fear I’ve missed something. Where is this FET+6+1 driver that is D4 compatible?

Djozz….where did you get Osram Boost HL?

im looking to get afew to put my throwers.