What do you use your flashlights for?

I checked out my security light activation this morning before dawn. I used my FT03 to investigate. No one hiding under the vehicles in the driveway. On the far side of my Dodge Ram a mobile venison was munching on the wife’s flowerbed. Nonchalant until I double-clicked and tried to reason with him that I’d better not see him again in October. (Actually my wife would choose him over me in that situation)

I’m pretty happy with this new SANSI “Ceramic LED Security Light” model C2440-JW from Amazun. Very wide coverage and illuminates to the street about 80’ Doesn’t quite reach claimed 50’ sensory reach, butt I am still adjusting it.

NGL, I don’t get much use out of my torches at the moment. Not even in EDC. They just keep burning a hole in my pocket, and I hate it. :neutral_face: Is that strange for a guy that wakes up before 5AM to get ready for work at 6? That’s for you to decide…

To elaborate: The most I actually use is the Lumintop Tool CRI I keep on the collar of my pajamas to wake myself up and turn on the overhead lamps – no shenanigans early in a weekday morning or I’ll inevitably end up late for work. The latest I’m out at is 5PM to fetch my nephew from school, and now that days are getting longer, there’s plenty of light by then; at the same time, dawn’s already breaking by the time I get out of the house, so I don’t have to use a light on the bike. Everything else is just playing around.