What is the Best Flashlight Design Ever?

Doing well , Sir .

Happy New Year !

UI wise the Surefire Titan T1A can’t be beat (single rotary knob for on/off and intensity, even a 3 year old child can use it).

Maglite 2D or 3D i think look the best.
But i must say the 2C looks very nice too.
Does a C-cell Maglite fit 26650, by the way?

Maglite :question:

was expecting more modern flashlight designs rather than just a plain cylinder, like Nitecore, Jetbeam, Sunwayman, Rofis mentioned here… !!

:+1:

Thanks.

The Eagle Eye X6 is an all time favorite of mine, I believe I have some 17 versions of it here at the moment and have built over 50. The lesser quality Astrolux version is virtually the same in design but build quality isn’t at all comparable.

This is the best flashlight ever made and ill tell you why. Fits in the pocket, has dual TIR for throw (same as Fireflies e01) and a flood tir (very similar to the olight H2R but about 140* beam). it has a 110* pivoting head which means you can tail satnd it anywhere (also has a magnet that could lift a horse), and point the head in any which way you like paired with the flood light it is great for tasks and flood is more than great for walks or searching. it also has a built in charger and removable battery to keep you working. a lot of people here will miss this great flashlight because of the comparatively low 500 lumens , but side by side to my Rofis R4 and E01 i always pick this one.

Edit: i forgot the most important, im pretty sure there is a Nichia 219b in here, it is super CRI with a rosy tint about 4500k

My newly completed 1D Mag beside a few classics, including the brand new Noctigon K1

i feel like the BLF A6 is pretty classic.

also a very good light

i liked the XTAR WK42 as well, for some reason

wle

The FW3A doesn't have any sharp edges, and it's been my current EDC ever since I got it, so I really like the design.

It gets my vote.

I find it surprising to see so many votes for various maglites. I always thought they were ugly looking lights. Functional, sure. But just an ugly utility light. All their flavors had the same ugly shape. I had several of them, but was glad when other companies passed them when LEDs were introduced. We have some very nice designs, now.

Of recent budget lights, I prefer the simple design of something like the BLF A6. Simple, functional, basic, but still has a sleek look to it.

The FW3A is a very nice-looking light, though I don’t like its unreliability. But sleek and elegant, for sure.

Zebralights are my favorite light, though I must admit the design took a bit of getting used to. Now, I really like the look.

Astrolux makes some very futuristic styles in their lights. I see the appeal in some of their designs.

Eagletac D25A Clicky MK II for best single AA light

Assuming they are ML25’s? These are great lights! I run mine mostly on protected 18650’s.

26650’s are usually a bit too fat for C cell tubes.

That 1D Mag looks great! Really nice work.

Thanks xxo, it’s a tribute to Old Lumens who loved Maglites and it is done the Chicago X way, flip the tube and cut new threads both ends to preserve the full knurling. Large Omten in the tail cap. It has a tube filling Al heat sink 38mm long with a Bistro driver I built for it. It sports a Q8 quad reflector over 4 of the new NW SST-40 emitters that sit on an LED4Power multi-footprint MCPCB. Approx 5000 lumens off a baby blue LiitoKala 26650 5000 mAh cell doing 13.77A at the tail.

It only LOOKs like a short Mag, virtually everything about it is changed right down to the 52mm x 3mm AR coated glass lens. :wink:

Cool! A ton of power in a small package while keeping the Mag’s classic good looks.

BTW anyone like the ML50LX?

I think they look pretty slick.

Easy - its the HDS Rotary. Super intuitive design complementing a UI using a clicky e-switch for on/off + a rotary knob encapsulating the entire tail for brightness control. And they’re on the same end of the light so no need to adjust your hand to reach one or the other. Plus its comfortable to hold and operate, not too large or too small, and easy to mouth-hold if needed. Classic, functional, smart.

Not really a fan of the Cadbury grip, and prefer the regular Mag knurling.