What is your favorite car?

If you want to be smiling all the way while driving then choose mx-5. We have it (wife and I) an nc and we love it. If you wan’t to be serious and bored while driving then choose a volvo (tractor) v60 d5 (diesel) aws we have that also…Both are great n their own ways!

And yes as jerommel said, a Citroen ds would be something really great and different.

My father was addicted to Citroen cx (“big cat”) models, he had four different models in the 80” and early 90”. They were in my opiniont really the last “crazy” and different cars that french produced and of course very unreliable :beer:

What? No 10000 lumens high CRI headlights? Hehe… :slight_smile:

Well, by USA standards the Headlights have been upgrades too. USA should have had 4 rectangle sealed beam lights. I have the European Glass with H4 bulbs in it now. Also the Hella grill with integrated driving lights is an optional accessory of the time and made for the European lights.

ALL on and on High beam I bet an easy 10000 lumens of incandescent goodness.

Looked like this originally with USA Lights and USA Big Bumpers.

Hey vwpieces,

It’s interesting how car models have evolved, especially the Jetta. Back then it was a reliable basic four door, whereas today it’s a fairly huge luxurious sedan (for a European car that is)…

My first car was a 1967 Camaro and it’s still my favorite car.

Hjeh, a friend of mine had a ’69, which he (affectionately) called The Pig. You could actually watch the gas gauge move from F to E as you’re driving. :smiley:

Aftermarket LED headlight options are finally starting to get good. Even though I have 110W halogen bulbs in my Jeep already, I’m planning switch to sealed LED’s headlamps this fall. 4900 lumens per side.

My favorite car is my ’68 Volvo 123GT. I had several 122’s back in the 60’s and 70’s. I liked them enough to buy one in the mid 80’s. It has been modded over time; later model engine, disc brakes all ’round, etc.

Welcome to BLF starcrazed! I’m waiting for the weather to get better to enjoy my favorite car again.

First thing that came to mind: Corvette

Yes. In ’83 that Jetta was essentially a Golf or Rabbit as we had here in USA. And that explains my Avatar pic, Fast Rabbit…
Latest evolution I can recall as you are referring to was the Hyundai, Started off here as small economy cars and now the USA versions are just as big and refined as all the rest. I wish we were able to have some of the small economy models offered in other countries. 50+MPG gas cars would be sweet. Diesel costs too much compared to Petrol and hard to justify running a diesel, especially in winter when the diesel prices soar because of Heating oil demands. The 2dr with a performance built 2.0L 16V still gets 32 MPG HWY @ 75MPH with slight 5th gear change in trans and the 25 year old fuel system. Can’t complain considering it will do 140 MPH top speed.

I will always have Old simple cars that are Dumb as far as technology. No power anything and basic emissions standards. The 83 Jetta 2dr pictured above is the only car I own that requires Emissions testing and that Test is only a visual check to see if there is a catalytic converter, PCV and gas cap pressure check. My other cars are another 83 Jetta with a 1.6L Turbo Diesel (winter car) and my ’68 Bus.

My favorite car is, was, and still is…. my 1973 VW Bug.
Reliable & “bullet proof” with a little simple scheduled easy to do pm.

…the sound… :wink:

Oh yeah…. :slight_smile: … I had a few “little extras” on mine & it was sweet. :+1:

hmmmm….

A set of twin 40mm Dellortos, a pair of Claude’s Buggies big valve heads, a C-45 cam and an 1835cc kit woke my ’71 SuperBeetle up nicely back in the day. :+1:

That would indeed “wake it up” nicely!! :+1:

My 73 was much milder than that. But… we did have a Porsche engine in a Beetle one time. Trust me… it was very alive. :wink:

This reminds me of my ’73 Beetle too. Twin Weber 40DCNs, 289 cam, adjustable front lowering of suspension, 13” wheels…

The first new car I bought was a yellow 1971 VW Beetle. Paid $1999 which was a fortune for me in those days. My dad loaned me the money. Took me a couple of years to pay him back. Sold it in 1973 and bought a Mazda RX3 Wankel. It was concidered fast in those days. Zero to sixty in 8.6 seconds. WOW! lol. I loved that car.

Aircooled engine parts are drying up and getting expensive. Subaru parts cars are cheap and New short blocks for them are $1500 for an EJ25. Easy to get 200 HP in a VW today for less than it costs to build an 80-100 HP aircooled engine.

Buddy’s 70 bus with 220HP Scary to go 110 MPH in a Bus even if everything is essentially New or better than original. Cross winds WILL change the lane of travel.

Darn…… I almost ruined my keyboard drooling on it. :slight_smile: