What moonlight output do you prefer and why?

Mine takes a .3 second press to turn it on and off, and once on it cycles through ml, low, and med. Two clicks turns on high; three clicks turns on strobe.

That’s what you wrote before that was confusing me, that the B turned into A, but now the A has direct firefly mode.

moonlight is useful to me when I wake up to pee and I do not want to turn on the house lights

I still turn lights on against the palm of my hand, in case I forget which UI it has or if it has memory etc

for me the Olight 0.5 lumen moonlight is useful, and on the bright side

I tend to like a moon level of about 0.2 the most

for my entertainment, here are some fireflies in the moonlight

No offense, but why not turn on the bathroom light?

If I did that, what would be my excuse for buying flashlights with sublumen modes?

also, I actually dont like disrupting my circadian rhythm with brighter light when I plan to go back to sleep
and, when I get out of bed, it is dark, I dont want to step on the cat, or a wet hairball…

I could just navigate to the bathroom in the semi dark, Ive done that for years, but then I did not know I could have a whole new source of entertainment, buy buying flashlights and posting online about them :slight_smile:

Gotch ya.

Ouch! The absolute worst thing for getting back to sleep, it to be blasted with 40 watt bulbs in the bathroom in the middle of the night. Okay, maybe also having AC/DC performing a concert in the bathroom with you might be worse, but bright lights are bad enough.

I like Zebralights, because they have 3 different moonlight levels to use. I tend to use the lowest on moonless nights when it’s completely dark. I use 1 level up on nights when the moon is out. The (real) moonlight isn’t bright enough through a window to see with, but it’s bright enough that my eyes don’t completely dark-adapt. Thus the need for a slightly brighter “moonlight” on my flashlight.

Moonlight is like a cult around here. :smiley: I think it would be good if you were a spy.

pure blarney ahead

Firefly is even better than Moonlight, for occult spies.

Flashlights are like a MultiDenominationalCult around here. The Brighter is Better Sect have little in common with the Moonlight is Best First Branch. There is also a Cult of the Clip, and a Cult of the High CRI, which I belong to. Some people belong to multiple cults at a time, and/or switch around from one to another.

Thats the beauty of Flashlights, there are so many cool white people to share enlightenment with…

Personally, I prefer the Warmth of FireLight, over MoonLight, which leaves me cold

:+1: I belong to the knock the leaves off the trees with a small to medium size package branch.

When you turn on a bright light (you need to squint, blinded by the light) it fully wakes you up.
When using a flashlight with moonlight, when you return to bed you fall asleep again more rapidly.

One more from the newbie. For me, the moonlight on the SP10b is too dim. It says 2 (with 14500), but Charles BridgTec says maybe a half). I came across the Fenix E05 last night and saw that the low mode is 8 lumens. I don’t have enough experience with these things to know how bright that is. I know that the difference in my Wowtac A3S between reading (16lm) and low (27lm) is just barely noticeable. How much brighter can 8lm be than 1 or 2? I don’t want to have to buy the thing to find out. I’m sure that Amazon is tired of having things returned by me.

8 lumens is about the level of light you would get from a wax candle.

A candle is actually slightly brighter, but will put out light in all directions, so it’s much more spread out. But, it’s close enough to give you an idea of the level of light you’d get from an 8-lumen flashlight.

An 8-lumen flashlight is a reasonable amount of light for close-up work, or for lighting the path in front of you in the dark (only within a couple of meters).

Thanks.

Not as much fun , but I think I’d rather use a motion activated night light . Don’t drop your light in the toilet . :frowning:

I think it depends on indoor/outdoor and how much ambient light is around. I prefer 0.1 or less. Even then, it needs to be floody. I can see walls and obstacles just fine. Even at 0.1 I’m worried about waking up the kids with direct light and it’s enough to ceiling bounce instead…

I just got a Thorfire TK15 which has a .5 lumen moonlight. It is brighter than the supposedly 2 lumens of the Sofirn SP10b that I was complaining about. I can see using this. So maybe something was off with the Sofirn? Is it hard to pinpoint the amount of lumens that low?