What you bought from Amazon Prime Day?

got absolutely nothing on prime day, bad deals for every area I was going to look. nothing useful for cars, no good flashlight deals. too bad.

Nice deal on that victorinox! I just got a freakin instant pot for $58 lol.

Amazon Canada is a rip-off for flashlights and related stuff. I avoid Amazon for anything except high-volume household products. The low-volume stuff is often at least twice as expensive as most other places. I guess vendors feel if they don’t make their money on volume, they’ll make it on margin.

I got a couple things from Prime day.

I also had a 15 minute time limit to order, panicked a bit/not 100% sure on the powerbank but can make use of it somewhere.

Got that Ultratac A1 flashlight for $10, and an Anker 10,000 mAh IQ2 power bank.

Slightly slower but you get almost 2x capacity. Hopefully, there are better deals for 860/960 for XMAS. Haha.

Yeah but with SSDs it’snot really about speed, they all perform almost identically at 500MBps.
It’s about reliability and endurance, how well it can maintain its speed as it gets old.

I only bought a Lee bullet mould and some Bosch impact bits this year. Did not see much to interest me.

Once you hit the limits of SATA III that is. Some more budget oriented SSDs like that aren’t there yet, especially in the write speeds. Reliability and endurance are definitely key differentiators though for SSDs.

Even still, considering you can pick up Microcenter’s house brand SSD in the same capacity for less on sale, or the Crucial MX500 for not much more, I’m not convinced it’s a great deal.

I’d take a larger SSD with a decent warranty over a higher quality one that’s smaller and more expensive though.

For the sales, the biggest thing I got was a new phone.

Also, while most SATA SSDs can max out the SATA interface on sequential tasks (things like transferring HD movies) the real performance differentiator in day-to-day tasks is random read/write speeds. For years, the best performers there were the Samsung 850 Pro and SanDisk Extreme Pro, while the 850 EVO blew all the other budget options out of the water.

yeah i don;t really see the point - you are supposed to browse some huge mall with millions of things for sale, looking for a needle in a haystack.

i think it;s mostly about the stuff they advertise and the media promotes heavily - things they got some huge special deal on, either their own brands, or some company with a lot of old tvs or kitchen stuff to get rid of.

also it is about spending time on their site.

the longer you are there, the more likely you are to just give up and buy some impulse thing.

I also disappointed

I remember when there were just a few good lightning deals every day. I’d routinely look through them. Now there’s hundreds of often mediocre deals instead, and I’ve given up looking for the needle in the haystack.

Prime Day or other major sale days I’ll look, but I have to use the filters pretty heavily to try to sort out what I’d actually be interested in. I’m annoyed at the lack of a filter for deals that recently opened for purchase though.

I had a widget on my phone for the current lightning deal. There was one at a time. Now there’s so much crap it would take way too much time for that rare find. I just use camelcamelcamel.com now.