What's a good option for under 150?

Dont think so. TC15 affordable, reliable, good electronics, neutral white, simple UI. :smiley: With coupon THRUNITE - 53$ :+1:

Can you please explain why neutral white light is good?

Also I’m pretty sure I’ve narrowed this down to a few that have been recommended here

Side note thank you all for that. I really appreciate everyone taking time to suggest these to me. I’m really new to this and can’t thank you all enough

Now

My current short list is:

Wuben TO50R due to its size and power

1250 lumens for 3 hrs is pretty impressive. This takes a 21700 battery which I don’t have, however I don’t mind getting some. Also apparently can take 18650s which I’m guessing is going to greatly effect the run time at that setting.

I’d say this is probably near the top of my list

THRUNITE TC 15 due to its size, and ability to run for 90 minutes at 1050 lumens. The price is hard to beat too. If I go with this I’ll probably use it for a bit and then go with another and use it for my car.

The other two are more expensive options.

However some input on these would be great.

The fenix TK22UE is very appealing.

As is the Fenix PD40R

These both fit exactly what I’m looking for. And both have the ability to run on their highest settings for a ungodly long amount of time.

Apparently that PD40R claims to run at 3k lumens for 2 hrs and 40 minutes. That seems like a major amount of Overkill and would probably get insanely hot but it’s also quite appealing that it claims to be able to run at 1k lumens for over three hours

I don’t know to term for it, but which one of these will on these high settings look the clearest when projecting it’s light?

Define “clearest” in other ways please…

And the Wuben is awesome. Just way too much $$ for me. It checks nearly every box imo.

[quote=JaredM]

Don’t worry about that actually

I think I’m getting confused with something I read off a reddit post.

Was something about how a flashlights light looks like vs what something would naturally look like. Think it was color related.

[quote=JaredM]

Don’t worry about that actually

I think I’m getting confused with something I read off a reddit post.

Was something about how a flashlights light looks like vs what something would naturally look like. Think it was color related.

Woah boy didn’t realize it was 170 for that wuben

At Zeroair the TC15 lasted for about 70 minutes while the Wuben TO50R stepped down to 300lm after 70 minutes, note that multi-emitter flashlights have reduced throw. These Fenix models are not tested by Zeroair but other Fenix models like the PD36R were tested.

Advertised runtimes may be misleading, you should keep that in mind.

Might want to read this

TO50R is 18650 light? No? Price 53$? No? What about UI?

Believe it’s a 21700 however it can also use 18650 with an adapter that comes with it.

However I didn’t realize until after I wrote that the price.

So we have a winner.

I went ahead and ordered a THRUNITE TC 15

What’s does it mean though for the options of neutral white and cool white?

I went ahead and ordered the natural white one because that’s what’d you’d mentioned earlier

And you did right. Warmer light penetrates dust and fog better, usually have better color rendering and its better for eyes, but less efficient , but you wont notice it anyway ;))

Yeeehawwww

Thanks for your help!

Damn dude this thing is tiny.

This is way more convenient than my last one

Am I correct in assuming you can’t adjust the way the light projects making the beam more narrow or wide?

An add on diffuser is your only option to get a floody beam. A slightly more permanent route is using dcfix on the lense.

The main thing you got from a higher price flashlight like the TC15 is efficiency i.e. more runtime from the same battery. If you want to experiment with zoomies or high CRI there are cheaper options if you don’t need maximum efficiency.

High CRI on its own results in a lm/W loss of 20-35% and the options for high power and throw LEDs with high CRI are quite limited.