What's going on with Zebralight?

FIY folks:

I ordered a H53c on the very last day when it was still possible to order for non-US customers, i.e. on Dec 31.

The light was shipped on Jan. 5, then the tracking "Airlines start shipping" on Jan. 13.

Then no more updates for the following two months, so I contacted ZL who immediately replied, asking me to wait two more week, before they issuing a refund (thumbs up ZL).

One week later the tracking was updated (arrival in France), and I received the light today, i.e. exactly 11 weeks after it was shipped.

I think the light just had to adjust from the transition from snail-mail to poste-escargot.

Are they really? Most of what’s in stock right now is the really low volume sellers like mule headlamps. I have email alerts for several popular models and haven’t heard anything.

I wish we found a cheaper source for non-US customers. For example, the H53c I have just received after ordering it directly from ZL, cost me $59 i.e. €49.79 at the current exchange rate (free shipping). It is currently listed - although out of stock - at €62.75 on nkon website + shipping.

Is this additional 26% the VAT rate in Holland?

I expected a better deal from nkon, noting how cheap they are for batteries.

You got away without French customs charging you VAT, if all you paid was €49.80. Nkon’s ZL is €2.5 more. €49.80 x 21%. Hardly a bad deal. Can’t expect Nkon to eat the VAT & shipping costs.

I thought Zebralight stopped shipping orders to non-US customers. So, they still fulfill orders from EU customers?

There’s a link on the ZL page about Dealers so I assume that’s who they expect to handle international orders.

Well, Cemoi does not seem to be a wholesale dealer but more likely a private customer who was able to order from ZL directly.

Last information I had was that they would stop selling directly to customers outside of the USA. Maybe they changed their mind again?

It was ordered when they still sold internationally.

Ahhh, got it. Thanks.

zebralight.com redirects to https://www.3dcartstores.com/ At least for me.
Are they out of business?

Still works for me

Confirmed.

Still works for me too. No redirecting.

I would have purchased a SC700d if I could actually buy one from Australia. Oh well, Zebralight’s loss!

QFT! I emailed their Australian distributor about an SC64 and will paraphrase the reply, “Nah.” Give it to Lite Shop or someone who’ll take an interest instead of just list a few on the website.

Ticket status: New

Department: Customer Service

Subject: ZebraLight, Inc.: Update Tracking #52996
Thanks. We are still in opration. We do have some issues with our website because our e-commerce hosting company has a new owner now and along with it tons of new issues.*

Sincerely,

Good to hear it. I hope they make a move in 2022 to introduce some new models, or updates to existing ones with more emitter options.