WHATS THE BRIGHTEST CONVOY C-8 (or) C-8 STYLE LIGHT ?

Wow that’s very impressive.

Don’t forget to consider the KD C8’s. There is a new design the KDLIGHT. I have one with an XPL HI with a new V3 3.04A driver. Initial impression is that it’s an awesome thrower for a C8. The reflector has been redesigned. A very intense hot spot. I’ll be reviewing it in the coming week and collecting lots of data to see how well it performs. I’ve got lots of C8’s and this one appears to be the best thrower. Once I process the tests and do some outdoor trials I’ll know more.

Role please keep us updated I saw that one,I wonder if they sell the reflector by itself, I did buy a couple that were 41mm deep but it wouldn’t fit in a standard C8 or I wonder if they sell a KD C8 hosts .

will do. I received delivery of the flashlight yesterday and will dismantle and take various measurements over the weekend. I’ll post in a review later next week. I’ll aim to compare some of the components too against a standard C8.

Nice, would like to see how does it compare with a convoy C8 with XPL HI.

While we’re waiting for some results to be posted , does anyone have more suggestions or links of where

to buy-find hi-powered Convoy C8 or C8 style lights :question:

HI Big Mike, if Richard from Mountain electronics is doing them that’s a good place to start ,but I know for a while he was not doing any custom builds because he was so backed up.Or you could try international outdoors and get one of theirs I believe they have some constant current Nanjing 105 type at 3.04 amps that will give you over 1100 lumens.
I remeber when I first heard about this forum years ago and i wanted like every red blooded man ,a brighter light than my old streamlined super stinger but I had no idea where to start or what to get ,I almost spent 150.00 plus on an old monster.com q5 itter powered light but the good people here steered me in the right direction to a C8 at the time the xmlU3 were the highest bin and for 16.09 +change I could not believe what this little light put out!Any how’s great thread here

Another vote for the KD C8s .

+1 from me .
Especially the new Kdlight xp-l hi is very promicing with a really nice beam .
Another option , is (ofcourse) Xintd C8.

does any one have info on the KD C8 and C12 they look good but do they have standard C8 reflectors?

I have 3 year old KD C8 and C12 yes they use the search reflectors but different pills

Which one of these is the better to you ?

Well that depends ,the C12 really doesn’t have anything to offer more than the C8 only external cooling fins but as pilot dog once pointed out the pill doesn’t have more cooling area unless you get a custom copper pill like the ones vesture_of_blood makes so generally I like c8s more.

What is that you like about the KD C8’s ?—(Compared to any other types of C8)

I would go with the Convoy C8 XPL HI, build quality is better than the KD C8 (threads and anodizing). Maybe the KD has sightly better throw with the improved reflector, but the Convoy with the standard SMO reflector won’t disappoint. They both have basically the same driver so lumen output should be no different.

You should really just go ahead and order any of those, just make sure it comes with the XP-L HI if you want throw. For under $20 there’s no going wrong.

yes I agree!

What can be done so to speak , to up-power the XP-L H1-C8 ?—-(to give it a boost in any way)

Also , what’s the brightest emitter for a C8 style light if throw is not the most important thing ?—-(meaning pure white light ! )

In order to boost any stock light, you must mod the existing driver (chip stacking, not easy) or replace it with a FET one, however when you bump up the power you must also replace the LED board for a copper one to not burn your LED. I don’t see a reason to buy a complete light just to swap the components.

For a brighter light get the XM-L2 version instead, it has less throw more lumens but the difference is not really that much, probably 150 lumens at most. I would still get the XPL HI.

If you really want the brightest C8 with excellent throw, DIY is the way to go. I think for $30-40 a US located member can build you one with the specs I mentioned In post #14.

Please let me know when these are available for purchase again. I am very interested. :nerd_face:
Thank you

I am sorry i forgot to use the quote things this message was for djburke and it was for the modded c8