What's your favorite P60 host and why?

I have two L2s and one L2P. Its hard for me to say which I like better. I am almost leaning towards the L2, because the stock L2p Tailcap is recessed and harder to push with my thumb. Also, the L2P battery tube is longer and this would cause my nailbender XML drop-in to change modes if the light was bumped. I had to stretch out the tailcap spring quite a bit to fix that (although it still does it if you bump it hard enough). This is not a problem in the L2. The serial # and the heat warning message on the head are both printed crooked on my L2P as well.

L2P.

There is no other P60 host out there in my view which comes close in terms of quality. They are a joy to hold!

I just wish there was more metal around the head in order to absorb more heat.

I have a Surefire 6P (with a P7) and a Solarforce L2P with a Solarforce XM-L. With a stainless bezel, the Surefire is a high quality, attention getting light with terrific performance. The L2P however is far and away my favorite light. It arrived (after a month on a slow boat from you-know-where) with flawless anodizing, superior fit and finish and that damn XM-L puts a 10 inch wide hot spot on my living room wall that's about 15 feet away. It has the feel of a precision instrument in the hand and when I shine it on my neighbor's house it looks like a patrol car's spotlight.

Side by side, the 6P looks like a Solarforce knock-off (not the other way round) and it cost $89. The L2P with XM-L was $45. I hate waiting for my stuff to arrive from Solarforce.HK but it always gets here and the performance is always amazing for the money spent.

Will the Manafont XM-L be brighter?

Foy

Aloha and welcome to BLF Flashlight Foy!

I just ordered myself a couple of Manfont xml's and I think mine are on that same slow boat. I'm pretty sure someone here has a Manafont and a SolarForce xml and can answer your question soon.

I prefer the L2P. My only issue is that the tailcap it so long that it feels bigger than a 6p (with a Z41). I just ordered a couple s7 tailcaps and I'm going to do a little experimenting to see what can be done to improve them.

Seems a lot of people here prefer Solarforce to Surefire (an opinion you won't encounter in That Other Place). What about Dereelight? Their P60 hosts look pretty solid: the various CL1H iterations. How does the build quality compare?

(I've never actually hefted a Surefire or a Dereelight, but I have a Solarforce L2T, and it's hard to imagine anything being that much more solidly constructed.)