When a light just doesn't want to be built but persistance pays off - FINISHED

Glad it worked out. Beautiful light :heart_eyes:

Regarding reflow - always check it for shorts. In my builds a short is the most often reason when something is wrong.

Beautiful light pinkpanda. Good you kept trying.

Good job there perla of a torch

Yeh, I’m glad it turned out as good as it did. Still a bit disappointed there’s a crack in the bezel but otherwise i’m happy with it. It’s pretty heavy for it’s size but that doesn’t bother me.

I buy Tellurium Copper these days, absolutely despise 100% Oxygen Free Copper. By adding one half of one percent Tellurium to the Copper it machines much more like brass, thing of beauty it is! :slight_smile:

The delamination is most likely a forging defect, you’ve dealt with it but probably should have returned the bar for a replacement. I have a couple of small pieces from Sinner that I’ve meant to build something with but am still hesitating… now I know why!

Very nice :+1:

Goodlooking and finished! Thanks for the great build thread too. :+1:

IIRC you’re also sitting on some timascus :heart_eyes: :wink: I plan on working some timascus in the future but I’m not nearly as scared to machine that stuff.

Right, I had thought to make a small 16340 light with the Mokume Gane as the body and Timascus tail cap and bezel. But… the pieces sit here raw as the day I received them. :slight_smile:

Usually I like to exercise patience but I ran out. I put some lacky bands on the light on Saturday (just for a day). I’ve since been showing it off to family and workmates. I tried to get phone pics in different lighting to catch the pattern. I’m pretty happy with it :slight_smile:

Yeah. It’s a very beautiful light. You should be proud! Show it off to everyone! :smiley:

The patterns produced due to your choice of cut are mesmerizing, crazy how long you can stare at a light… :wink:

Orsm finish pp. Looks like you have something in common with me when it comes to electronics. Good to see there was no magic smoke. :+1:

nice pp good to see it all come together

Well I got around to adding that pocket clip. This clip looks the shiznit ….

Since taking pics I see it’s not 100% straight :person_facepalming: I had to go back and straighten it.