Where do you get good replacement lenses for P60 hosts?

Did the same but went the cheap route.

Probably there is a reason why the one is more expensive than another, but visually and by measurements I can't tell. Maybe is AR coating on the expensive one harder and more resistant?

Same thing but different supplier is most common but i hope youre not right on this one.

So did I.

Now the fun part. Who got the staus backordered? XD

Yeah, me too. I don't trust that status for the first day or so anyway. They spent 4 days packing my last item. I've never ordered as much from KD as I have the last few weeks and they've been coming through for me (or you could say they are due for a failure now).

Don't worry, I got that on most of my orders (+50 so far). You will get what you ordered... eventually :)

That eventually is a bit stinky tho... :)

When you guys run XML dropins, does your lens look like it has condensation after a couple of minutes?

I'm curious to read what you think about them before I buy a few. Thanks for taking one for the team. I guess I should say, 'Thanks for taking 3 for the team.' Laughing

If you show me where they re cheap i'll go buy me a couple ... I did see them cheap by the case .. but who needs 100 mrv's ?

Along with me you just lost that great 1 time only deal.

Great information again here on BLF! I had no clue that a coated lens would make such a huge difference in light output. Looks like I am forced to place another order at KD. :bigsmile:

Being slightly physically challenged I have one question though: Can anyone explain in simple words how adding a layer (or two) of whatever the AR-coating is made of on a lens increases the transmittance compared to a plain lens? I can accept that it works somehow but my logic tells me that it's, well, not very logical.

It has to do with antireflective coating. Instead of reflecting light back more passes through. It sounds logical to me.

Yes, I understand the effect of the AR-coating, but how does it work?

It has to do with how light is reflected and how light interferes with itself. The effect of a thin film on the glass surface is that it causes additional reflections between the film and the glass, this causes more light to be reflected into the glass. Another way of putting it would be that the reflection on the glass surface gets and extra chance of being transmitted through the glass due to it being reflected again by the film. If the thin film is a quarter wavelength of the transmitted light frequency then it causes the reflection between the air and the film and the reflection between the glass and the film to be completely out of phase. The two reflected, out of phase, waves then cancel each other out and the end result is much less reflection. Several thin coatings of different thicknesses are used in order to eliminate different wavelengths through this sort of interference. The eliminated reflections means that the light energy that would have been reflected has to be transmitted. There is reflections on both sides of the glass window (air to glass then glass to air), so ideally you want a lens that is AR coated on both sides in order to minimize reflective losses.

Here is the wikipedia article about it.

coated only on one side. To which side goes the coated surface?

Emitter side by guessing.

Glad that I ordered 5 lenses. Looking forward to see the result.

They seem to be coated on both sides the same as my specs.