Which AA Battery is Best? Can Amazon Basics beat Energizer? Let's find out!

Boy, that’s something tatasal! I’ve used lithium primaries for years and years in everything and never had a single leak. I even keep them in lights in our cars that have temperature swings of 9 degrees to well over 100 and never had one leak.

I noticed over in your thread that member Texas Toasted had some leakers also. I guess it’s like all the reports of LiIon cells exploding, anything can happen to anything in this imperfect world but I still use LiIon cells.

People have reported that NiMH cells never leak, well I had a Eneloop AA NiMH cell leak on me a few years ago. I should have taken pictures of the leaker back then but never thought of it. It developed a leak while I was charging 4 Eneloops in a Nitecore D4 charger but luckily it didn’t do any damage to the charger. Even so, I still use Eneloops as I figure it was just a fluke.

In fact I’ve had every chemistry primary cell leak on me at one time or another except lithium primaries.

I’m truly sorry that you had your experience but I guess I should have stated that I’ve never had one leak instead of they never leak. I guess what all of this tells us is with your experience and Texas Toasted experience and my experience with the Eneloop leaker is that ANYTHING CAN LEAK. :frowning:

Over the past 10 years I haven’t had any Energizers leak (alkaline, not lithium) but almost all of my duracells have.
I only buy energizer cells now for stuff that needs AA or AAA, like remotes, clocks, and other things.