Which are better Sky Ray 3800 or Trustfire 3T6??

Rule no. 1. Never trust no descriptions, only your DMM and lux meter (if available) via ceiling bounce and direct beam readings.

The reason I ask is I purchased the 2 cell version and I'm thinking about getting an extension tube to make a 3 cell. I want to know for sure doing this won't burn out the driver since the voltage specs are different...

I have the 3-cell and I honestly can’t tell the difference when switching it from 2-cell to 3-cell. Perhaps with a lux meter you could but not with the naked eye and especially not without having both version side by side in direct comparison. Unless you need the extra runtime I wouldn’t bother buying the extension and risking burning out the driver.

I can't imagine why Trustfire would have two different drivers when it's just a matter of an extension tube being used but those who have tested both version claim there is definitely a draw difference between the two. One way that might give a clue about the driver is if your 2-cell version can be run from a single 18650. My 3-cell works in all modes even on a single 18650. It's an awesome light!

Johnny, I wouldn't chance burning out my 3T6 unless I was 100% sure they were both the same. BTW, mine does run on one cell. Ditto on the awesomeness. I love this light!