Which flashlight for my situation?

When walking in a main, or looking down a wide shallow bore, you might wanna pick up an FW3A.
When looking down a deep and narrow hole, you want a light as throwy as they come, like an M2X.
A Convoy C8 + Osram flat white emitter is even better!
Don’t take an FW3A for looking down a deep hole. All you will see is the overexposed first yards of the wall.

What about a Jaxman Z1 or a Cometa (maybe even with Osram white flat)

The Z1 requires two batteries in series which could make the light a bit unwieldy when used with 18650/26650. You can use 26350 instead but the battery of this size is not that common to find.

one thing about FW3A, though, is, much as i like it, it will not stay at turbo levels very long

it gets hot

so if you were going to be using it for more than a minute, it gets too hot to hold

even if you are not holding it [ie it is on a string or something] it will get hot and start to reduce its own current and brightness

my impression is, under normal ambient temps, it might settle down to a 300-500 lumen level after 2-3 minutes

you do get to configure the ‘cutoff’ temperature, but if you set it too high , it might have problems - like shortened life span

{i have no idea what ‘too high’ is, or the max value is limited to prevent damage}

wle

I thought I would post an update. Using a c8+ and waiting on my astrolux fto3 xhp50.2. C8+ is doing ok.