Which Flashlight makers are out of business as of January 2018

Whatever happened to XinTD? No C8 anymore for a while, IOS doesn’t seem to list anything from them, etc.

They go pouf?

I have not looked at MBI in awhile but the last product I got from him was complete garbage. He did a mystery buy promo and I think I ended up spending $50-75 and getting back 3 LED micro indicator beacons. 2 of which didn’t work. He never replied to any emails about the DOA units so he went on the list of company I would never buy from again. This was 3 years ago so I think.

Looks like he defrauded a bunch of his Indiegogo supporters too. Health problems are usually the excuse in situations like this. Funny how after taking a bunch of money in people fall mysteriously ill!

I know I looked for anothe XinTD X3 a few days ago, and nothing.

Another I noticed seems to have vanished is Xeno/Farka.

Too bad about Shiningbeam in particular, to me. My best lights early in this hobby were from them.

+1 Caveman 2aa and Blaze 18650,

Another company Citycat.

LumaRay !!! That was the one I was thinking of. I am pretty sure they are out of business now.

http://www.dansdata.com/fl6-2006.htm

Eagletac is now Eagtac, if that counts

Skyray?

I hope he comes back. I EDC’d a HF-R for a while and was very impressed with that tiny keychain light that could kick out 500 lumens briefly on the Hi setting.

That looks like a light a stormtrooper would carry.

Yeah… they had a few models that used different batteries IIRC. They had a black or dark gray model too. I played around with the gray version at a CPF meet over a decade ago.

There was also another manufacturer who’s name I forget. They made a series of 1xCR123, angle head lights with a finger grip-ring attachment so you could grip it with a handgun. They weren’t cheap either, and IIRC they were a US military supplier.

[EDIT] . Oh it was FirstLight… They might still be in business though.

Has anyone mentioned Fulton?… from the 60’s-70s? AFIAK they made ONE thing, made a billion of them for 2 maybe 3 decades.

google the MX991U. I kind of wish I still had mine, but the switch died and its a riveted and IIRC heat-melted construction so theres no easy way to repair them.

Add Brinkmann to the list… this was the company that got sued by Tony Maglica (maglite) for copying the parabolic contour shape of the head/bezel. It was patented at the time.

Is Brinyte still in business?

Akoray is long gone too

I agree. I ran across something a while ago that indicates Wayne/Elektro Lumens might still be offering a solution to this problem, but haven’t got around to finding out whether it’s a live page or a dead relic:

I just checked out Wayne’s page (elektrolumens.com). It looks like he’s only selling the Anglelux now. Makes me sad. I bought my first three lights from him and still use an old Mag drop in to this day.

I think this points to heavy competition for manufacturers. Trying to compete with asian made lights on a cost basis is nearly impossible.

Eagle Eye just went out of business?? probably.

Their Official Store (Shenzhen jin lang electronics co., LTD)in Aliexpress just closed.

R.I.P Eagle Eye.

They must be closing due to the approach of Chinese New Year! They may be doing “balances” :money_mouth_face:

Dereelight DBS is still in business operating with their own website. (世界杯外围-世界杯外围网站)

They just not active with CPF or BLF….going away from the dark side.

Got my first thrower from this company and the light’s is still on my display table

Orbita is the manufacturer I was trying to recall. They most definitely are still in business though.
https://store.orbita.com/category_s/80.htm

Fulton’s still in business AFAIK.