Which movie did you watch lastֻ

Definitely deserves the praise it’s received.

Watched Bright last night on Netflix - it was surprisingly good.

Yeah, it’s not perfect but it’s definitely better than the critics who treated it like the worst movie ever. Formulaic sure, but that’s no different than most popcorn action flicks.

I got about 1\3rd through Bright when it came out.
That was my personal limit.
But There again. Zombie. Horror movies plus these US police. Home life series
make me shudder too.
I’m more the Kids,Anime. and SF type.

Turn brain off. laugh. turn brain on again. and walk away.
I’m a 78 yr old, 8 yr old in the brain Methink’s.
Hope I die there.

Caught “Ghost Town” on screaming video (Amazon), and was quite surprised. It sounded like a stinker from the description, but I really liked it.

Definitely gonna get my own copy of this one…

I keep wondering where Kreisler (the topic starter) moved on to, as i know he disappeared long ago.

I heard years ago that he was active on CPF, usually talking about battery chargers.

I very rarely go on CPF, so I cannot confirm this rumor.

We saw Zombieland 2 yesterday. Not bad for a sequel, my wife hadn’t seen the first film and still enjoyed it a lot. Worth seeing at the theater just based on one scene alone. There were a few scenes I’m sure were better on paper but not nearly as tedious as much of the Joker.

Agreed. I finished “Breaking Bad” nearly 2 years ago. It was nice to get acquainted again with Jesse Pinkman. Very well done.

The Bad Seed”.

Never caught it before, really quite good.

Henry Jones is a hoot for what little screen-time he had. And Patty McCormack’s character is wonderfully wicked, not quite “Children Of The Corn” evil, but more plain ol’ psychopathic.

The boys

I wanted to like it, unfortunately it was a mess. None of the characters were overly likable, and even the fight scenes didn’t do much for me.

Hopefully Godzilla vs King Kong will pull it back together.

I saw Scanners (1981).

I usually like David Cronenberg movies, but not this one.

I just didn't care what was happening in the film.

It wasn't interesting to me.

The movie did have good music, however.

Rewatched “Terminator Salvation”.

New one’s coming out, haven’t seen Genesys (next on the lineup), didn’t quite absorb TS the first time around, so refreshed my memory.

My problem the first time around was that the title was misleading. I was expecting the movie to be about humanity’s salvation, not Marcus’s. Still nfi what was Kogan’s deal, what the “research” was, specifically, and a whole buncha questions about all that.

Pretty good overall. Creepy robots, especially the giant ones, ’though the squiddies didn’t seem terribly robust.

Kinda depressing end, though.

The Eagle Has Landed (1976)

I saw Anatomy of a Murder (1959).

It was okay, and the movie was extremely long.

It was a pretty typical courtroom drama.

It wasn't much of a mystery, and the ending was unsatisfying.

It did have excellent acting and nice jazz music, though.

The Joker, it was dark and disturbing, but it is a masterpiece.

The second half was quite amusing.
Run, waiter, run!

Chinatown

We watched ‘The English Patient’ again because it’s my wife’s favorite movie. I hate it, so I made halfhearted, disagreeable remarks throughout.