Which multi-cell shape do you prefer?... long pole or soda can?

or side by side. i don't even consider 2-long or 3-long lights.

or side by side. i don't even consider 2-long or 3-long lights.

I tried to get used to the soda can shape but it's just not for me. That's why I sold my V60C. It's a nice light and I thought I'd eventually come to like it, but that never really happened.

Outside of EDC and given the choice, I'll pretty much always pick a two cell, single emitter, plunger type of light (preferably one that has the option to attach a pocket clip).

To me a light is good if I can comfortably carry it with me. I admit I have a quite "flexible" idea of what I can edc, I also edc a Leatherman Supertool any day of the year, in its leather holster hanging from my belt: that's a heavy chunk of steel hanging there all the time, but got used to.

The 2 and 3 side-by-side flashlights are still "thin" enough that I can comfortably carry them in jacket pocket or on the belt with their stock holster. Honestly cannot say the same for the plunger style ones, which is too long for any kind of pocket, and even hanging from the belt makes it continuosly waveing and hitting my leg in very uncomfortable way.

When we go fourwheeling in the evening I want to have a good light on my belt, and most any "fatty" flashlight can be held on the belt while seated and belted, no problem, but a plunger instead would need to be removed from belt and held on a suitable in-car support then.

The only 2-inline I have at the moment is the 7G5 which I bought out of curiosity for this king of XM-L throwers, but sure it's not edc-able at all!

And not all "fatties" are the same. A V60C (3-by-side) is still more comfortable to belt carry than an SR51 (2-by-side). Head diameter and holster shape play a big role.

A TK35 is not much bulkier than a single cell C8, and it's easily the best candidate as multi-cell-edc, but both the V60C and DRY surprised me for how small they are from real, they looked quite bulky from the PC screen.

Despite painful wrists, I'll still take a soda can. No getting jabbed when I sit in the car, looks better than a plunger, fits in a coat pocket.

I had a 4D and 3D Mag. (modded) Sat on the shelf all the time so I cut 'em both down to use a 26650.

Keeping my TK-70, but I took off the extender and I use four sub-C's. Much lighter and more practical.

A Mag 1C is ideal for me-not too hard on wrists and EDC-able.

Rich