Which of these 3rd row SUVs would you get?

That's funny we average 100 inches of snow a year here and my 2 wheel drive pickup that I bought new in 97 and has over 200,000 miles on it has never got stuck and I drive it to work everyday in all weather.

I grew up driving rear wheel drive cars and prefer rear wheel drive in the snow. With the proper snow tires it's much easier to control the vehicle than trying to steer and regulate power through the same wheels.

Well, I think that is true most of the time. I wouldn't want to drive a Camaro in the snow, but a work truck with a heavy load of tools/equipment and aggressive tires can do just fine in my experience. If it gets that bad I just stay home so I can take the Wrangler out.

I second the Volvo XC90. But, I am biased.

If you haven't already done so, check out the Ford Flex. With the ecoboost engine you will get 355 HP and still get close to 20 MPG.

Do you put weight in the back over the axle when it snows?

Yes I have a Ford Lightning clone I leave my summer tires and rims in the back all winter that's it for weight. I have adjustable shackles so my truck is lowered 3 inches in the back so it sits level and I can set it back to stock height if I want to carry a heavy load. I will admit I do have tire chains just in case, because I drive home from work before the roads are plowed at 6am. I have only used the tire chains once when I was pulling my snowmobile trailer in a blizzard with over ten inches of unplowed snow on the road. This is also a V8 truck with 4.10 gears and no posi-traction.

Actually, we did check one out. VERY roomy but its just a bit too boxy looking for our tastes.

Man, the Dodge is getting no love. lol

Is that the one you were really leaning towards before we showed up to live your life for ya?

Nissan Armada!

(No experience, I'm just a Nissan Fanboy and really am liking my Altima and Titan. Except for the fuel economy on the latter Cry)

Not my first choice, but definitely not my last. ;)

We love our 2002 altima too. Ten years, 150k miles and no leaks. They have a new van thats HUGE btw, NV 1500.

cheap designer ...