Which one would you choose?

Yeh.

Which film number would you recommend? Number 1 or 7?

Uhh, unno. We’re in Boazland now?

Think #1 was the original, medium diffusey, but #7 would then be more diffusey.

The more diffusey it is, the more it hides beam atrocities. It’d even make light from a G3 look good.

LOL! Pretty obvious huh? Yeah I wanted to make sure which number(I was thinking 7) before I inquired.

I received my NG C8+ today. Seems pretty good quality for the price. Although I’m not too sure I am a fan of the A6 UI. I need to get some use on it first.

Yeh, think that was the one I liked best.

I had to cover a small peekaboo window with film, and got some whole rolls of diffusion-film (DCFix and other brands). Think “milky” was similar to #7. Avoid “snow” (patterned, will stick annoying artifacts in the beam). No idea about the other types. Think “frost” was another one that sounded good.

Best to just bug him for a sampler of whichever ones sound interesting. Only a few bux to try a whole assortment of different types. Thinner, thicker, plain, sticky, medium-diffusey, heavy-diffusey, feh. Best to just go by his descriptions and ask him what’s what, then get those that sound interesting.

if throw and build quality are whats important to you i’d go with the GT Mini if cost and brightness are more important to you id go with the C8 they’re both great lights and you cant go wrong with either.

Thanks for your input paragon. I ended up going with Neal’s Gadgets c8+ w2.

I got the diffusion film from boaz today. I put #7 on the FC11 that I am going to gift. I also put the #7 on my sp-40. The sofirn and fc11 with the diffusion film are comparable to my zebralight with frosted lens(aside from color temp). Though not quite as spread out. I guess that’s attributed to the larger xhp emitter. The sp-40 will be a car work light for the most part. I slapped #1 on the fenix pd35v2. Made that a useful around the house light. I am loving these films.

Yeh, the venerable Tacklife light that made the rounds a while back is beyond excellent for that. Light’s built like a tank (seriously, you could easily club someone to death with it, it’s that solidly built), but it has a rather throwy G2 or G3 behind the reflector, which isn’t quite as useful in the Real World™ as people might think. Slap on some heavily-diffused film, and it’s a nice solid wall of light.

Head down in a dark cellar, and none of the Lizard People would be able to get the drop on you, that’s for sure!