Who Bought a 4x Sky Ray Kung off of Bro. Huang

BroHuang said he shipped it, and gave me a 4PX tracking number that produces absolutely bupkis at 4px.com. He said all it produces for him is that it was sent.
He asked if I wanted a refund or reship. I haven’t decided if I want it anymore. I’m thinking the SupFire M6 might be a better host. Undecided…

Got mine for $38… Really like mine… One tiny scratch on the chrome by the lens. Other than that the thing is awesome.

Getting really close to the day here I’m going to have to “escalate” the case in Ebay (still no replacement that I paid for shipping) …I really hope I dont have to, but a question for those who have experience with it, is it the same as doing it through paypal or am I going to have to do something through Paypal as well?

I have the the both the gold King from Rabbitword88 and the gray U2 Kung from BrotherHuang.The output by a lux meter is similar for both on high with the Kung slightly brighter.The big difference however is that the Kung has a much brighter low mode than the King low mode.Both get hot fast on high but the King low mode is about half the lux compared to the Kung low mode.So the choice to make is which low mode do you prefer.I like them both,but which one I pick to use is determined by which low mode is more needed at the time.The King low mode is more useful as a long term area light,like in a tent, where the Kung low mode is more useful as say a trail walking light.

Welcome to BLF, and thanks for the comments. This is a good forum, and the people here are very nice, you should enjoy your stay. Good luck, and being a flashaholic is fun :beer: :party: J)

So, all in all I end up with a relatively positive ending, my Kung came with a loose switch with flaking paint, scratched, loose driver hanging by its wires that does not seat/fit and obviously used by battery side impression/scrape. But, it only cost me a “shipping fee” in the end: after about a month of being up in the air waiting, he did finally do the right thing (after some prodding with a written “sharp stick”). So I really cant say I had a great positive experience with the seller, or the light: which is about as bright as the SRK with the same modes…and I have 3 much brighter lights…why did I try to buy this again?

And why am I looking at the YL-U2 now, dammit JonnyMac….

Glad you got something out of it, B42. Nothing has showed up for me yet. Was that the first one, or the reship?

Still havent received my first order or the reship.

Shipping to Canada maybe really slow. I have ordered two units on separate days and got them within 10 days each (one was for a friend). :beer:

The abused one I have was the original ship. I paid more for a reship and to keep the original, but he gave a tracking number which essentially was a few numbers and a clock showing the time in China daily, and nothing else. I got my original one in a few weeks, and waited over a month for the reship, which has not showed up.

I nearly bought one from this seller until an acquaintance on LPF said that someone here was working on a 9A driver for the SRK, and that newer SRKs had the XM-L2 U2 emitters. I came here and found it to be true and placed an order with Ric @ CNQG for the U2 SRK instead. Due to curiosity I went back and looked at the feedback on bother huang’s page more closely and saw a ton of neg remarks; sure made me feel a hell of a lot better about Spending $40 more than I had originally planned. Now I can’t wait to get my SRK and can’t wait to get a driver from TexasPyro.

KISS principle, shed full of light, $40. Can’t see what colour it is when you’re using it… Great fun, not to be taken seriously…

Finally received mine today. Only took 55 days to get here. Everything centered, no scratches and very bright. Just way too much trouble to get it here.