Who is still flashing his/her own drivers?

You know what would be really cool? A dedicated flashing device. Imagine it being like an MP3 player, but with hex files and fuse settings programmed in, and you just plug it in to the device that needs flashing, choose a file from the list, and press a button. That would be awesome! It needs to have a big enough memory (or have removable drive option like MicroSD) to hold several dozens (hundreds?) of hex files. Have a USB port for syncing/charging from your computer.

I’ve done this for my momentary firmware, not only for different MCUs but also for different driver designs. You are right, it was a pain, especially if you haven’t done this at the beginning of coding - but developing is easier now.

A also have thought of this. But instead of plugging it to PC, I would rather use a bluetooth connection. This allows to control this device with a smartphone app, and so you don’t have to keep the files on the programming device . I guess, building such a device is not too demanding.

You can flash AVRs from Android devices, you know…?

Which MCUs are supported? Is any of the code published?

Currently Attiny25/45/85 and Attiny841, code is not published yet. Adding even more MCUs is less challenging than modifying the existing code the first time.

Still?

As they say, release early, release often. Free software doesn’t really work unless it’s alive — out in the world where people can interact with it, and actively maintained so it can grow. Publishing is the beginning of its journey, not the end. The firmware repository has had 133 new revisions since January, mostly based on user feedback.