Why do you collect or enjoy flashlights?

do you actually use any of those ?

is that V900 sony headphones foy ? :slight_smile:

sincei broke my wrist a few times i cannot play with motorcycles i got into

The headphones are Sony MDR-NC60.

No, I don't use any of them. Ever.

actuallyFoy

still searching for the ultimate light, low to high power modes for all situations, 100% energy efficient, infinite cycles on the most electrons per pound physics could dream of and single photon to 360Âș zoom

so lets see, an antimatter powered 100% efficient bulb with a rotating brightness dial and corresponding zoom lens (or no lens that would swallow photons)

Its a hobby that to flashaholics is meaningful, tangible and addictive in that theres always something new and improved, and its an active hobby unlike for example collecting ornaments

What kine of light is that (or is it photo shopped like scaru lol)?

It's a Ray-O-Vac Sportsman, 2-D. Very popular in the '60s.

The profile pic was taken by my father in Jesup, Georgia in 1960 or '61 and I did fix it some. It's from an original Polaroid that had chemical streaks and pencil drawings ala Foy from a year or two later. I hastily smoothed the worst of it but the image is true and accurate.

Foy

That is what I was looking for. Some history

xcool. Thanks much. I had that same white hair as a tot (no light though). Edit>Nice job on the photo.
Keith

Without going into details Ive had a few hobbies over the years but nothing stays the same. You grow older, the kids grow into teenagers, work gets more stressfull etc. To me I need an outlet away from reality (hobby). Over the years I have had a few different outlets but as circumstances change the outlet you had will no longer be there. To me you guys have in a short period of time grown to be my outlet. I can forget about teenagers and work for a short period of time and enjoy myself away from the stresses of day to day life. As the topic says, why do you enjoy collecting flashlights, its not everything about collecting flashlights, its an outlet. Believe it or not my wife is supportive of this. Thanks.

Well for me, it’s been more of a passing phase. What my next thrill of the day will be, not sure. Fishing is always there, and now I have some cool lights to do some illegal night fishing, ha
kidding.

After buying 3 newish type lights, I got my fix:

ITP A3-Eos
Jetbeam BA20
Zebralight SC51w

Semi-retired:
Maglite 2AA led (relegated to car glove box)
Bigass Maglite 3D (don’t use it anymore)

I’m trying to find a couple more ITP A3-Eos; it’s been handy to attach to my kindle for night time reading. I think my folks would get a kick out of them for their kindle night viewing. Seem to be sold out which is unfortunate.

Anything that keeps me out of the strip clubs is approved by wifey.

A happy wife makes for a happy life.

I read an article when I was just a kid, maybe 9 or 10 years old, about this new light source, it was called an LED. The article went on to explain how the new light would revolutionize our lives.

It might have been the first thing that I’d read on my own about new advancements, and started my love for the future of technology and how it would influence my life.

I have been a light nut ever since then. Somewhere in the middle sixties, I had a AA LED light that looked like a dolphin. You squeezed it’s sides and the LED in it’s mouth would light up.

The ability to push back the darkness at the press of a switch, was the first taste of additional capabilities and even new powers through modern and emerging electronic inventions.

I actually like the dark, it makes me feel as one with the planet.

Then I pull my trusty flashlight from my pocket or pouch, and push the darkness back, unlike the others around me.

For a while I feel like I own the night!

DNF -

Very well said. Been a while since my kids were teenagers but I do have stress. Although, not when I'm here . . .

ellipsesaremeFoy