why is it so hard to find a high quality 18650 light that I like?

Ok, fair enough. But as we all know problem is that what we consider as properly driven equals a major risk of a expensive lawsuit for a brand company. They are super careful about the heat issues. Something the chinese are not. So if you really need want a 700-800 lumen brand light for $100, it is a problem.

Pounder, how about the Dereelight CL1H V4, there is T6 3C neutral white (5000k). It's ~ 2.5A i checked it, but most impt that it is neutral white and still outputs nearly 600 lumens OTF (as measured by me). Actually tailcap measurement does not matter, output does. It's P60, but the drop-in base fits into the host so it's pretty good. The relatively little heat sag for a P60 confirms it.

The Dereelight can be doing 500 lumens OTF and take in 2.5A and still be neutral white, while the Ultrafire doing well over 3 amps cold-white wrapped with foil in a Solarforce can be doing 450 lumens OTF by the end of 1 minute. (I can take a vid if you want).

How about this beast. My offer of $89.99 was accepted. :-) This should give you plenty of lumens. Cons: No 18650 battery holder. Also does not come with original ss case, I don't really care if does not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OLIGHT-SR50-SST-50-LED-Flashlight-w-o-box-/270829685597?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0eb50b5d

[quote=gen1.3_]

How about this beast. My offer of $89.99 was accepted. :-) This should give you plenty of lumens. Cons: No 18650 battery holder. Also does not come with original ss case, I don't really care if does not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OLIGHT-SR50-SST-50-LED-Flashlight-w-o-box-/270829685597?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0eb50b5d [/quote]

If you would have bought that light from Andy, you could have probably got the whole package case and all with both battery carriers for $100 shipped.

x-tactical@hotmail.com

[quote=ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS]

Thanks for the heads up. I don't really care for the case. I can get a battery carrier from a us vendor for under 10 bucks.

[quote=gen1.3_]

That's cool.

I'm currently in the process of buying the SR51 XM-L whole package deal with both battery carriers from Andy for $118 shipped. Just waiting on his paypal account address email.

pounder -

You need an Olight M21 "X." Best name in the business, killer good looks, comes with a clip and a creative UI. Power it up on high (600 lumens) and after 5 minutes, it will automatically scale down to 60% for "thermal protection."

$104.

Or, the M20 Warrior for $100 with dual switches.

Both are XM-Ls and nothing says "I've arrived" quite like an Olight. (okay, I just made that up because I get a little whack when it's bed time)

sighFoy

[quote=gen1.3_]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OLIGHT-SR50-SST-50-LED-Flashlight-w-o-box-/270829685597?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0eb50b5d [/quote]

i read that as it comes with a 18650 holder ?

[quote=benckie]

Yea it just don't come with the CR123 battery holder. But who cares about that.

If XT10 has no throw how do you call SC600 miserable lux number? Because 420lm Klarus has 6500 lux/1m while Zebralight (760lm) just 5200 lux/1m. And that's for up to 5 minutes after that brightness (and throw) reduces by 30%.

About TD-15X, no P60 can't do everything - tiny module has no throw while Lumintop has nice spot.

Most flashlights recommended here (Quark turbo X, SC600, RRT-21, Pocket Rocket etc.) are good but have one thing in common - no throw. Thing is - you want not only lumens but also lux (nice throw). I also agree with 'HID45' that there are no extremely bright 1x18650 lights because of excessive heat, There are two solutions - get cheap chinese light from DX (Ultrafire M3-T60 can be a good choice) or similar store or reduce your requirements - Xeno G42 XM-L has 540 tested lumens and 20000 lux/1m of throw, it's really well built flashlight. Plus more focused beam looks brighter than it really is.

I don't know about lux numbers..never really cared for lab test to be honest..watching going gear's videos the xt10 is pretty dim..the sc600 is amazing..he uses the same camera for his tests and compares it to a maglite so really I only care about real world performance..I wish the xt10 wow'ed me because I love the UI and the light would be perfect if it had a 700 lumen output..even for 5 minutes..I can't even count the amount of time I used an xm-l on high for more than 5 minutes..I never have..I always swap down to medium to beat the heat and it's perfectly fine..but having that bright option when checking behind residence units is needed..

nice Foy..the Olights look to do everything I need..I checked them when I started looking but I guess I never really looks hard enough into them..guess i'm still pissed about them killing off Itp and the sa series..

[quote=benckie]

cool man nice deal! I may make the same offer as you lol

The sc600 is the light I have been lusting after but more for EDC. For work I would love the O-light that Foy pointed out.

I might have to get both..

I really think I need want the sc600..just wish it had a tail clicky..oh well it'll make it a bit different..

I think the spark SL series is definitely something you should look into!

yeah it's high on the list for sure..

I at least like the side-clicky surprisingly much.

Never had one before SC51... and I like my tailclickies tactical, not like L2P etc.

Pounder, I sent you a pm on some info.

appreciate it Brad!