WTS Custom triple flashlight 3x18650 parallel

And we sale flashlight :slight_smile:

I am sure, the part costs are not high(maybe 10:money_mouth_face: and if bought in higher numbers(maybe 50) will further decrease, not sure about the inductance as I have no clue which conductance part have been used.
I canā€™t understand the schematic: what does 2.2MKIā€ā€ mean?
Also PCB professionally made are very cheap and if we would make a DIY kit the work cost could also be eliminatedā€¦that would be a nice groupbuyā€¦.
Maybe I am wrong, if you know what parts are used you can try to check prices from farnell and you will see what I mean.

Is the software open source or free?
I am asking because of this link:
http://forum.fonarevka.ru/showthread.php?t=5151
But I canā€™t understand Russian, not even a bit, and google translator makes it a bit weird.
Are the PCB layout files also public?

Maybe we should open a new thread, copy the old posts and delete these hereā€¦

inductance 2.2ĀµH

It would be more expensive

Software open source. Old PCB layout file also public))

How to do it?

$200 for this custom is a robbery so is $45 for the driver. Sorry, but there are other drivers out there like taskled drivers which most consider as one of the best drivers in the market which are also cheaper and highly tunable. All the parts for the driver mentioned here cost around $10 picking most expensive components at farnell.

Itā€™s nice to have other options available at the market but you really need to put your feet back on the ground.

If you value your modded light at $200, how much would you be prepared to pay for this one?

Iā€™m not modder and I canā€™t evaluate someone elseā€™s items.
I sell custom with price lower than I pay for it (to creator).

TaskLed 35-40$ and 10$ shipping. TaskLed no driver 1LiPo with high efficiency like WhiteBird.
Letā€™s close offtopic. Who does not want to buy, can make your own.

Anything custom made in small batches or one offs is going to cost more. Could you afford to build and sell this light or those drivers for considerably less? I certainly couldnā€™t but if you can while making it worth your while then please go ahead. Iā€™d be first in line and Iā€™m sure I wouldnā€™t be the only one :slight_smile:

You missed the point here big time:

I know what custom means and I know what built from scratch means.

Well then I donā€™t see what point youā€™re trying to make. If you see something is massively overpriced then go offer that same item at a more competitive rate, thereā€™s nothing stopping you here especially as the project looks like itā€™s basically open source.
There must be a killer profit being made somewhere when the parts only cost $10 right?

Well I doubt thereā€™s much profit at all when you take into account the whole process of pcb printing, sourcing of parts and assembly but please prove me wrong. Iā€™ll be the first to buy some of these drivers from you at $15.

Personally Iā€™m not convinced these drivers offer much of a worthwhile benefit over the simpler and cheaper 7135 linear alternatives but thatā€™s an entirely different discussion.

maybe it would be easier if the threadstarter copies his OP in another thread and change the title so that this will stay how it is, the main chat is about the new driver. I am really sorry alias.
ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”
I have no exact partlist and I can be wrong but I estimated the costs through farnell.com and guess others have done too, there are no values in the schematic so its even harder. But i came to 80$ for ten without capacitors and 340$ for 50 without capacitors. You have to add a professional PCB which will be maybe 2$ thats how I came to the 10$.
excluded shippingcosts and work, costs for trial and error and so on. Maybe I have also overseen something else, I am just a curious guy and no electronic expert. I am always happy to learn new things.

and of course low numbers of something are always expensive and there is a lot of work which is also included in the price, so I would never blame someone for such a nice work.
But every driver will get compared to the nanjg. Everyone has now to decide: is this driver 45$ more worth? For me its not, and i am almost sure others see this similar.

With most modding objects you never get the value backā€¦thats always the problem.
I donā€™t think the light is to over expensive
40$host,20$xpg2soncopper,5-10$lens,5$smallpieces=75$,+50$driver=125$+custompill
but again you have to compete with other lights and cheaper versions of this host, I am not sure how 3XPGs would be compared to one XML2 and a nanjg in the stock light which would cost 50$, but i guess it wouldnā€™t be so bad.
But everybody has to make this decision on his own and a something is worth what someone will pay for it.

In this forum there is always a run on things which have a good value for money and are cheap. Most people buy a cheap light modand improve it so that it is better than a light which costs 4 times the price.
If this driver would be sold for less than 10$ you would have sold hundreds of them.
Stay here and you will find out what I mean.

nice lightā€¦ now decisionā€¦ decisionā€¦which light should i buy? this 3 XPG2 1130 lumens for $200 or Fenix TK75 XM-L2 U2 2900 lumens for $180?

ouchā€¦ my head hurt just thinking about itā€¦ :~

Werner, no problem - my tread are on top :slight_smile:

DayLighter, lumens is not all that we need from flashlight. I like this color of light, beam, runtime and form-factor and 3x18650 format, afterglow and great driver.

And, by the way: TK 74 need 4x18650 to 2600 lm in 1h15min or 1100lm at 4hour - it is like my flashlight (1x18650 = 1 hour at this brightness). But it is diffirent flashlight and I donā€™t compare it. And in our country TK75 is priced in 280 USD.

And UP before new workday :wink:

169$ fot tk75 xm-l2 @banggood

Sale :slight_smile:

Up, 200 USD

Bump =)

Some UP