WTS P60 drop-in Nichia 219 1.4A, with programmable driver

Yes, those Teflon wires are quite stiff, I prefer it that way around.
It may be that I got used to it because I often swap drivers of flashlights though :slight_smile: (Almost all my flashlights got a new driver).

Generally, you should solder the wires to the stars before you attach them to the heatsink otherwise you may have problems soldering since the heatsink will be soaking up heat that should be going into making a clean solder joint.

That's a good point, maybe that is why I have been having so much problem with soldering wires. (Or I just suck at soldering)

Or bothā€¦

Kindness is a virtueā€¦ but not very funny.

I havenā€™t even completed this batch (will ship out this week!) and I already got orders for another batchā€¦

So this thread is still open for the next run, but itā€™ll take quite a whileā€¦

I also plan to make some XP-G2 R5 2B, maybe some R5 3D.

Finished!

These sound amazing, I will most definitely be in for 1!

:bigsmile: Nice, canā€™t wait for those drivers to get in so I can complete my order! Going to be my first nichia/highCRI led.

Iā€™m still amazed at the work you do. Your firmware is easily one of the best UIs out there right now. With this nichia drop in, this should be the perfect EDC.

Mine came in today. I crammed one into the Sphere ā€™o Many Mysteries (just clipped to a power supply, my P60 hosts are elsewhere at the moment). Some quick numbers (4.000 volts in):

Moon: .713 lumens / 4100K
Low: 8.51 lumens / 4175K
Med: 51.31 lumens / 4205K
High: 248.5 lumens / 4300K

Strobe: 15-16 Hz
PWM: 9440 Hz

Amps?

Iā€™m waiting for my P60 hosts to return before I do some more detailed measurements.

High was 1.4A to the driver input.
Medium was around 220 mA.

I scrounged up an Ultrafire 501 host to stick it in. I did a test on high. Started out at around 210 lumens and dropped to 163 lumens after 25 minutes. The body got to 45 degrees C.

Then I wrapped it in copper foil and did another test. Hardly any difference. Maybe 1 degree C warmer.

Had made another batch...

All sold already...

If there's more interest, I can do another run.

I also made two XP-G2 R5 2B (one both already sold), but can do more of those also.