【ツ】Wurkkos WK30 Sales Thread

Ingenting att tacka för, mortuus. :-)

got mine today, wow expedited delivery from amazon was very fast.

Quick impressions of light, very cool indeed :smiley: i like the red very bright ,same for UV and the samsung emitter is very nice too, i wish more will use this neutral emitter.

Nice deal indeed, the included battery should give good runtimes if stated 5000mah is true. This will be a cool light to use now :smiley:

Damm. Sam. Nice.

Should order one. Wish there are full spectrum flashlights, like the house lights
Now available, where you can dial in your color across the visible light spectrum.

Wishful thinking?

?¿ Please use code: EMPZGNZ2 (valid until 10/31/2019) ¿?

Up date needed?

Sorry, I don't have any new codes. I recommend to get in touch with Wurkkos directly (account "MacLee").

no new code for AMZN US anyone ???

^

What the man said!

I didn't have any contact to Mark for weeks. It seems he didn't get my messages. :-(

also interested. it is 35.99$ on amazon us currently, delivery estimate is may 10. so in about a month.

What’s the benefits of 365nm over the 395nm?

Some dyes (eg, the red strips on US hunnerts) barely glow under 395nm, but glow a bit more brightly under 365nm.

The red strip was always hard to get to fluoresce, and filtered 365nm is the only way to see it more easily.

I try to answer your question from a layman's point of view, so please excuse if I cannot give you a profound, scientifically proven comparison between 365nm and 395nm. ;-)

While 395nm (a.k.a. "black light") has a significant higher proportion of visible violet (stray) light, 365nm has (in theory) the higher proportion of non-visible UV light. However, there's still some visible stray light even with 365nm LEDs which can only be filtered by a ZWB2 filter. With a ZWB2 filter in place, there's much more high-energy UV light passing through the filter and lens when using 365nm LEDs. I do not know what exact LED Sofirn/Wurkkos has used for revision 2.0 of the WK30 but I suggested them to use LG's LEUVA33W70RL00 because it is quite robust at the interesting currents and rather cheap to source compared to Nichia's UV LED.

If you intend to use UV light for glueing, a flashlight with 365nm UV will let the glue dry quicker than one with 395nm. Geocaching/UV paint will probably light up more effectively under 365nm light. I'm sure there are more scenarios where 365nm is more interesting/useful - maybe someone else here can chime in and tell about it. :-)

365 nm has stronger fluorescence abilities according to what I have read.

I ordered a newer WK30 with 365nm UV (and are waiting for it to be delivered) as I am curious if I will be able to visually see a difference compared to my older WK30 with 395nm UV.

A picture comparing the two UV wavelengths from this link:

http://www.diyphysics.com/2012/04/12/telling-apart-365-nm-from-395-nm-ultraviolet-leds-and-flashlights/

Kind of confusing. Ordered one from Amazon/US assuming it to be 365 nm.

After ordering, I checked to see if that was indeed the case. Read that the WK30 is
Listed as 395 nm.

Have they not updated their info. Or am I SOOL?

I believe you will receive the 365 nm UV from Amazon. I ordered one but are still waiting for delivery so I cannot say for sure but read this post from the other WK30 thread.

You give me hope, @roostre! :+1: :beer:

Okay, thank you for the detailed explanation.

I received 10 of them 2 weeks ago straight from Sofirn, how can I tell if it’s 365nm? The manual hasn’t changed specs but that’s to be expected

This may help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t10pXsKqyDg

The one I received today appears to be the real deal... very little visible purple light.

I am also wondering how I will be able to determine if the newer WK30 is actually 365 nm UV after I receive it as I do not have any equipment to measure UV wavelength so I am hoping I will be able to see an obvious difference between my older 395 nm UV WK30 and the newer (hopefully) 365 nm UV WK30.

My older 395 nm UV WK30 clearly shows the red line security stripe hidden in the US $100 bill, but that bill is a crisp new uncirculated $100 bill obtained from a bank and may have an improved and more obvious red stripe than the older $100 bills had.

I do not have any Canadian bills or currency from any other country to compare between the older and newer WK30. Too bad I threw away all my black light posters after the '60s decade.

Below is a link investigating which minerals could allow one to distinguish between different UV wavelengths based on their fluorescence from the UV:

https://www.naturesrainbows.com/single-post/2016/01/15/Is-there-a-fluorescent-mineral-that-will-allow-one-to-distinguish-between-different-UVA-wavelengths-eg-365-from-405-nm-OR---does-a-405nm-LED-really-work

WK30 update to 365nm already, in 365nm wave band you could see more clear Pet feces, anti-counterfeit identification, fingerprints… ect

Don’t need a poop light, can smell them a mile away- but, yes, thanks! :+1: