X6 TRIPLE VS. THE WORLD.

Sierra Nevada. Tropical torpedo.

Gladly buy you a beer if we ever meet.

Had many Sierra Nevada brews but not that. Hope the torpedo is a Dud.

X6

S2+

X6

S2+

X6

S2+

S2+ looks brighter until the last picture of the tree and then the X6 blows it away.

Looks like the X6 has a narrower beam profile and much better tint?

Looks like a tighter spot.

It depends on what you call “better” not everyone on BLF dislikes the whiter tints. The high CRI colors are nice. I also like the pure white-ish that I picked for the S2+. It has its moments.

The S2+ with it’s 20mm Carclo 10507 has 3 individual 10mm TIR optics for each emitter. The X6 with it’s 35mm CUTE-3 had 3 individual 17mm TIR optics for each emitter, so yes, the X6 has a tighter beam profile with more throw. Just like with reflectored lights, the larger diameter reflector has better throw all other things being equal.

I see. Now I don’t have to ask why. Haha. Thanks DB.

Very nice. Thanks for posting the beamshots. I see an X6 triple in my future. :smiley:

My favorite C8 build so far is the dedomed XPG2-S4-2B LED driven by a FET + 7135 Driver using the BLF A6 firmware powered by a Samsung 30Q battery.

Bob

haha I guess, everyone is entitled to their wrong opinions ;)

The high CRI is very evident here. I'm one of them guys that dosen't like the whiter / bluer tints as much anymore, they seem harsh on my eyes although it seems most people still interpret them as brighter looking and prefer them over warmer tints. I actually seem to like 4500k and lower only. 4000k might be the sweet spot for me but I'm not sure yet. Very bright low color temperature lights also peak my interest :)

But really, the higher CRI is looking great on those trees, very colorful and it helps me pickup detail much better than white wash as you say. It looks like both lights are similar brightness though. Can the X6 be run in turbo for a longer time than the S2+, or does the S2+ compete pretty well because it is using mmore efficient LEDs?

I found the PERFECT beer cozy!

I also find the whiter light harder on the eyes. Awhile back my iPhone update included “night shift” takes a lot of the white out of the screen at night and is noticeably better.

Trying to warm up your beer and hands? lol

Absolutely furious right now, cant believe what i just did, trying to figure out the order of O rings and glass to take up the space in the head and i just broke off ALL THE LEGS ON THE OPTIC AND DE-DOMED ALL THE LED’S AND RIPPED THE MCPCB GROUND OFF.

This light is DONE… I’m done.

and you cant even get mcpcb’s right now.

so phuqin pissed :rage:

At mtnelectronics you can get the Cutter XM footprint triple in 32mm which works fine with the CUTE-3 optics and XM-L2 emitters.

Should be able to get the CUTE-3 from Arrow over there in your neck of the woods.

Thanks for the info, it was just so good with those nichia’s, and it worked, I mean I know I’m only out like $30 but man it sucks. now i have to build it again. sucks fixing something that already worked fine.

Oh man, I feel your pain. I’ve had exactly the same thing happen to me, not once, but twice. :frowning:

Well I spent a few minutes and CA’d the Cute back together, made new ground solder point, re soldered and assembled (very carefully) the light.

WOW this thing is blue.

will this light hurt my eyes?

Oh yes it will! It’ll give ya a headache but quick! Don’t use it!

I could see it giving a headache. It’s a weird color

I guess what I’m asking is will it make a guy go blind? Should glasses be worn? Should I order new leds and throw these away? Haha.