Xtar Improvements/Suggestions

Feedback from a beginner flashoholic….

1.) SIMPLIFY the listing for each product. I hate going through 15 images of sometimes the same data and then have another list of text data after all those imagines. Just expand this LIST little more with detailed stuff, add a clickable gallery and done!

2.) Maybe have a page of how the lights are rated as far as lumen, color, etc… A lot of reviews on this forum always have to have “The light says X lumen, but when I tested it, it has Y lumen.”

3.) Have other color flashlights besides black.

4.) Have a ‘find me a flashlight’ search. Like I want a AAA battery, 5000k, EDC light, etc…

5.) Have EDC flashlights that can have the base switched out from something that a lanyard can be attached to, to magnet, to stand, etc… I know a lot of our machine techs would use this when they are working around or IN machines.

That’s it off the top of my head. I’ll think of more later.

I would love to see a 1-aaa that can take 10400. That has a reverse clicky, a top notch pocket clip, and a simple 3 mode interface - firefly, 25, 100

Always starts on firefly. No memory function.

That would be the perfect daily carry flashlight for me. Plus the 1-aaa seem to be pretty popular right now

+1. And a hole for a split ring to attach a clip.
—————-

What if Xtar were to make Powerbanks. I know that there are lots of manufacturers, but the Xtar name would definitely take some sales.

Maybe Xtar could incorporate their V101 Current/Voltage Detector into a powerbank. Sweet!

I always wished the vp2 and vp4 had some analyzer features, even just capacity measurement

this is what i came here to say chargers with capacity measurement and internal resistance measuring. Bonus if it has high battery temp shutdown.

Have 12 or 13 Xtar chargers but only 4 have ever been used, 2 of those broke, 50% failure rate. I would suggest they build a charger that is reliable. Their warranty is useless, they want me to spend $30 or more to ship a $20 charger back to China for replacement. Contacted Xtar directly and on this forum, sent in videos and pictures, both useless. AVOID XTAR.

Please. This is not a trash Xtar thread.

Improving quality is an excellent suggestion

Sure, but specifically improve what?

PLEASE suggest to them to develop constant current drivers or to INCREASE PWM frequency to at least 5000 Hz. I actually was going to message Xtar with this suggestion. Thanks.

high failure rate and poor service (ship for more then the product costs) are two that were already mentioned.

I have several Xtar lights and chargers, they are really well built but their design let’s say is not competitive with other brands on the market, their flashlights look a bit dated and are constructed using older methods. I would suggest them to look at innovative brands such as Nitecore and Eagletac, their way to make flashlights have always been top notch and often “world’s first”.

As for chargers, I have lost interest after the VP2, new xtar chargers have functions that we don’t need such as charge % and remaining time. I would like to see an Xtar charger that competes with the Opus and Liitokala.