Xtar VP1 - dual-slot Li-Ion charger with LCD display

Guess I’ll “Gegister” with WB and get one, unless the group buy is going forward. In which case, I’d be in for one.

KuoH

As people have seen. The charger is now in stock. Unfortunately Wallbuys can not put it in their group buy in the beginning of next month.

Edit: price removed. They sold it too cheap.

Oh. It just hurts watching that :(!!

Jim

Could always turn your FT $8.00 charger into an $11.00 charger:

Tsellers, are you aware those batteries are LiFePo4 batteries and thus should only be charged up to ~3.6 volts?

Aware: can’t see the switch nestled between the two batteries in this pic. That’s the reason for the LCD, once I forgot to switch it back to 3.6 from 4.2 and overcharged the cell, now I’ve got a visual cue to alert me. This particular setup only reads the right side, works for me. Thanks for looking out though.

LED :wink:

I couldn’t stand to wait for the GB, so I ordered one. Now I just have to get more batteries to make it seem like I actually needed another charger. It’s like a flashaholic catch-22.

KuoH

Has anyone got this yet ? If so is it worth buying,

I love it. I got one right off the bat. This is the charger I have always been waiting for.

Where did u buy yours ?

I got mine from HID Canada.

so on the charger , would it be better to charge on 0.50A than 1.00A or does it matter ?.
atm its charging two AW3100’s on 0.50a

which is better for the battery, or is it ok on any?.

thanks.

I would charge most my batteries with max 1/2 C (half of the capacity). Inside the AW are Panasonic cells. Panasonic charge these with 885mA (a link to the data sheet) and often you can read 0,3C. This are 930mA, but I think 70mA wouldn’t be a problem.

1 amp is just fine for 18650s like that…

HKJ gave me some detailed answers some time back when I basically asked for the same.

hey hi, and much thanks for that.
will use that 1.00A sometimes then. 0.50 is better for 3100 most times it looks.
thanks

This was a bargain. Thanks Wallbuys! Shipping only took 12 days despite local post being slower than usual.
(seems like they are out of stock now)
Comparison with other chargers.

(flash washed out the display)

(its really nice and clear)

First impression. I love this charger! Especially for the price I paid.

My XSTAR VP1 just arrived. So far its awesome - the screen is great.

It’s making me think about resurrecting my old LCD reader project. :slight_smile:

- PG