Yootoo SD2 host info and modding

No. I didn’t know that when I ordered it but it’s ok. I think it’s a linear driver and Kaidomain said it has 4 groups but the explanation of how to switch between them doesn’t work …or I haven’t figured it out yet.
The driver isn’t on their site anymore but it’s still found on the AliExpress store.

1 Thank

P8000

1 Thank

Tkank you. I’ve noticed this driver on KD but thought it would be far worse than Convoy’s. KD stuff also tends to exaggerate specs (even when tested with mains power supply) so I’m not sure if it can really reach 8A.

But thank you for the input. Maybe there are other advantages of this driver. Keep on testing :innocent:

1 Thank

I swear I measured 7A+ last night but I can only see up to 6.6A with a fresh Molicel P42A, prime grade 50E or a Lii-40A and a clamp meter. I did reposition the press fit driver ring and that may have affected the ground connection.
Anyway, my goal was to avoid a fitting issue due to the shallow driver pocket but attain higher amperage than the stock driver. I have 2 so I’ll bridge the sense resistors on the other one.

1 Thank

I like the new Convoy clip style for the S21A and it fits very well on this host.