You Might Be a Flashaholic if...

You're a flashaholic when Skyping you ask about a light you gave your relatives .

" How's karen and her new baby ? ...When is her husband due for parole? by the way ...how's your fandyfire ?

to you it's like your kid went off to college.. to them it's like... "what's wrong with Uncle Willy ? "

Quotes taken out of context >>>

When you wake up with a

When you wake up with a hard-on next to you favorite flashlight. You might say, Glenn, You have major problems.... <evil grin>

<< followed by >>

“Leave me alone, it’s not a

“Leave me alone, it’s not a problem, I can stop anytime I want I just choose not to.” And that’s how I explain it to the wife, kids, family, therapist, people I work with ......

<<<<< and..>>>>>>

I just had that experience for the first time on our camping trip last week. I probably was grinning like a lovesick teenager after a first kiss ....

Your really onto something here

You are a flashaholic if your wife starts to notice the flashlight you are using now isnt the same one she seen the last few

other times. So far she only noticed three out of many.

That might mean she is a closet flashaholic. Id watch to see if she hides under the sheets, or ducks into a cupboard or under stairs or similar with one of your flashlights for a pre dark fix.

You bring a random flashlight with you on chores, even when u have a EDC on hand.
Your wife has a flashlight or you make her carry an EDC.
You car has an emergency flashlight on hand.
You are always within 1 arms length of 1 flashlight everywhere u go that isn’t your keychain or EDC.
You’re always checking up on BLF or cree website for latest bins and technologies.

You might be a flashaholic if your friends come to you for flashlights to look for a lost dog and you realize that more than half of your lights last less than an hour on high……………………….so you stuff your pockets with extra 18650’s for the whole group. (True story! :bigsmile: )

I am glad I am not the only one this has happened to.

I have learned that I have to stock up on the low power lights that are safe for noobs to use as I have had 2 of my lights get cooked in such events. People are perplexed by mode changes and holding a light that gets hot. “I kept turning it off, it just kept getting hot so we just used the mag light from the our car instead”. :~
I’m going to build some S2’s with modestly driven XPG2’s to have around for novices to use safely- as soon as RMM gets more in stock at his store.

If you’ve ever thrown away a relatives “trashy old flashlight ” for their own good ….

If you have ever explained to someone how a cop might use a strobe to “take down a perp”.

If you’ve ever taken a flashlight to church.

….if there is an overrun of a dozen or more near your desktop that you find yourself looking at more than using…… of course these are just “expendable” lights, the real ones are tucked securely away where you know you can find one when you really NEED IT… :open_mouth:

HaHa! I find myself doing exactly the opposite a lot of times! I have a couple lights that I carry all the time, but I usually grab one of the lesser lights lying around (the expendables) for actual use, if I’m near one when a light is needed.

:laughing: …Oh I do use them arond the house so to speak but the Big Cheezes are stashed in their designated “waiting areas” about the compound for the next big outdoor adventure. :laughing: I guess the desktop crowd could be referred to as “lights at hand”…. :laughing: or “for the masses”… :laughing:

Oh man… So many of these hit way too close to home.

When you go to a store, head to the flashlight section, and realize your little EDC out performs everything on the shelf by a large margin, and how overpriced they are, and “wow, the tint is horrible… Look at that pwm… why are they all zoomies?..…Then you leave feeling very satisfied with your light.

Yes

What is this church you speak of? I do have a flashlight nearby when eating pasta :smiley:

How sad you eat that type “pasta”. :person_facepalming:
:slight_smile:

As per wikipedia:

The only difference is i make sure a flashlight is nearby

… you have a flashlight on every horizontal surface in your home …

… throwers near every door , flooders in the kitchen and living room and bathroom ….

…a lighted tailcap is your bathroom nightlight …

… a high CRI light tailstanding next to the bed for mood lighting …

If you accidentally buy the wrong batteries, and instead of sending them back, you buy a flashlight that takes them. LOL!

……if you buy an extra D4 for the sole purpose of scavenging the (old style good type) XP-G2 S4 2B leds for future thrower builds. :person_facepalming: