You might be a flashaholic....

You might be a flashaholic if:-

a trip to any store that carries electrical goods means a scan around to see what’s available off the shelf light wise, and usually results in a sneer when you find that the edc’s you currently have on you each has 3 times the output of any of the lights on the shelf……

You find you check out cells and chargers in stores regularly, even though you have no lights that use those cells.

You resolve to get some lights that use the above mentioned cells “just in case”.

You look at cheap lights and the first thought is “i wonder how its driven”, usually followed by “i wonder if it’ll take a li-ion and 17mm driver”.

You take an unhealthy interest in plumbing parts and supplies of copper…

People who visit your house now make a point of checking your “shelf” for new additions.

Work colleagues generally ask you for a light, knowing they’ll get a choice of a few, all far more usefull than anything provided.

Your first thought for Christmas/birthday presents for male relatives is some new light you’ve wanted to have a look at, you order two, just in case.

You have a drawer known as “the battery drawer”.

Your Mrs regularly texts you to let you know a package has arrived.

You have alternate shipping addresses to preserve marital bliss, and plan other storage locations for new shipments.

You find yourself having to explain an unexpected package to your wife, who has no idea about your internet habits….

BINGO! :)

-Garry

Ahem

0:)

Ahem. . . link. :)

-Garry

0:) that one still lives in different jacket pockets instead of general display…… :bigsmile:

I am finding I may need taller book shelves soon to accommodate some lights….

So…

You may be a flashaholic if you find yourself having to reconsider furniture to accommodate your collection.

You may be a flashaholic if you time putting the bins out/collecting them for when its gone dark…

You know O-L’s name and number.
You have O-L modded MiniMagLites.
You have a flashlight parts-bin.
You anxiously watch for FedEx to bring your 18A capable 26650’s!!! :slight_smile: Got em today, yeah baby!
You feel you have need for flashlight batteries capable of delivering 18A.
You look forward to taking out the trash and wait til 11PM to do so.
Headlights? Cars have headlights? Well gosh darnit I thought that Velcro on the side mirrors was a necessity!!
You commission a custom designed custom made one-of-a-kind flashlight from Titanium you already own.
You’re willing to pay as much for a new light as the car payment. More than once. Eagerly.
You know the spreadsheets of 80% of Cree’s product line.

You consider creating or at least joining FlashAHolics Anonymous.

Just to show off your growing collection.^ :slight_smile:

I'm a Photononaholic :D

A good portion of the above mentioned certainly apply, especially if I take lasers into account.

You might be a photonaholic if you find yourself flashlights for indoor lighting instead of the regular lightbulb.

You might be a photonaholic if you find yourself always trying to approximate the wavelength of the color you observe.

You might be a photonaholic if you are carrying at least two lights on you at any given time.

You might be a photonaholic if you can rattle of a dozen flashlight brand names, but have trouble remembering people's names.

...if you find a way to turn off half the lights in a stadium...

...during the Superbowl ...

So I guess I'm not the only one who thought "Wouldn't it be cool to have a really good thrower there, with the lights off" :D

at least 25% of the fans were flashaholics and whipped out some 19,000 XM-L lights! :slight_smile: That would’ve been impressive!

i just wonder what traffic police has to say about that, maybe they will have to invent “ticket for flash-light-ning” >)

It's illegal to illuminate aircraft, regardless of what you actually use, a laser, a flashlight, or anything else. I'm sure the same laws can be twisted to charge someone if they blind people driving.

If not, there are always catch all charges, that they can use.

You might be a flashaholic if your presents contain lights and batteries, instead of socks or chocolates.

Or you buy a male grooming set because it has a nice pair of angle head tweezers that look like they will grip a bare Xml perfectly.
I go now.

You might be a flashaholic if this is your desktop.

Where’s the S2+ with a blue tube and orange head and tailcap? :partying_face:

Let's see, where did I put that one? Oh, found it on the keyboard.

If...

I sez I was done buying lights. And cells. And chargers.

Then I weren't...

slmjim

I might not necessarily be a flashaholic. But I’m definitely an LED-holic and a CRI-holic.