Zoom OR No Zoom?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000216716779.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.5e135ad7eskQd7&algo_pvid=1fdfda28-d25c-492d-9b03-77b827fc7da3&algo_expid=1fdfda28-d25c-492d-9b03-77b827fc7da3-55&btsid=0ab50f4415952051695714227e316c&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602\_,searchweb201603

Sexy!!!.

BTW, the 90.2 is 4-L2 together.

Cheers.

Just looked at a video of that lite that actually compared it to the Astrolux FT03 SST40-W among others. It has about the same amount of throw, but appears to throw more light, which it should with multiple emitters. The FT03 is rated at 875 meters. It seems to be similar to my nitecore TM16GT in the 4 18650 construction, and it is rated at 1003 meters of throw, but it is considerably higher priced at 180 dollars with a charger and 4 batteries included. So, to answer your question, if it were me, it would be between the FT03 SST40-W and the Haikelite depending on whether I thought the extra weight of the Haikelite would be a problem. The FT03 would be much lighter and much smaller handle. The overall lumens from the Haikelite are much higher, so it will be brighter, but since the light is powered by 4 18650 batteries vs the 1 26650 battery in the FT03, the run time per charge would likely be nearly the same. I am actually a little surprised the Haikelite is not closer to the same throw distance as my TM16GT since it is very similar. Look at a video on it and you will see what I mean, they are nearly twins.

Hi elbakan1

Thank you for this, but this Pocketman XHP90 2.0 I read it, but could not for the life of me see how many lumens and range etc.??? For some strange reason, they don't give this information.

Thank you

Regards

Peter

Sarge12 thank you for the excellent advice. The astrolux lumens appear to me (as a novice), a bit too low. Even the nitecore you have, also seems to have a low number of lumens (to me as a novice)

I think I will end up with the MT40 BUT someone sent me this link about this:

Pocketman XHP90 2.0

Do you know how many lumens and if reasonable flood and what the range is? It is strangely not given. It looks like a cheap flaslight, but strong.

Thank you to you and everyone

Regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

What will you be using this light for?

Why do you need 6000 lumens?

If you really need to see something well at 550M, you will want to project at least enough light to meet the civil twilight threshold (3.2 lux) out to the target. To do this you will need about 1,000,000 cd or 2000M of FL1 throw.

You need to not consider the turbo lumens for regular use. Turbo will only apply for a fairly short amount of time before a light cuts back to prevent overheating. In reality a light that is considered a thrower is not as good for EDC as a light with stronger flood. That being said, I love a great thrower, but keep a decent light that is not a thrower as well, and for most real world use as a tool, that is used more. Most throwers put out a light that is blinding close up, and will wash out whatever you are trying to see close up unless you cut it down. The further it throws, the more true that will be. For instance, a thrower would be a lousy light if you try to use it to see why your car wont start. The extremely bright center spot would require you to use very low settings to prevent it from washing out what you need to see. Most practical uses for a flashlight are for seeing things close to you. Now if you work in search and rescue, that is different. I would certainly want a thrower if looking for something or somebody in the wilderness. If however I were to need a flashlight at work where I used to be a electro-mechanical troubleshooter, even a mini-maglite would serve me better. A very bright light is horrible for reading schematics, part numbers, etc. A nameplate on a motor needs a fairly dim light to read, and forget about reading white papers or manuals with a bright light. There were occasions that would require a very bright light, but not many. Having said all that, I just spent 180 bucks to buy a Nitecore TM16GT, and have ordered a Astrolux MF02 that claims about 1500 meters of throw. It is not practical, as I just said, but almost nothing I collect or ever have collected is practical. It is doubtful I will ever really need to see something 1500 meters away, but I will love that I can.

You shouldn’t be surprised by that. The Nitecore TM16GT throws farther because its head measures 89mm while the Haikelite MT40’s head measures 72mm. This means wider reflectors, and therefore more throw. In addition, Nitecore uses LEDs made specifically for throw, unlike Haikelite, whose LEDs give more lumens but are not made for throw.

In any case, I have the Haikelite MT40, and I can assure that it launches very, very well, I have tried to illuminate some houses that are more than 400 meters away and it illuminates them very well, also the turbo is able to maintain it during 3 minutes in a row. I don’t think you will find anything similar to this throw and flood combination for a close price.

I guess I overlooked the width of the head difference. For me though, by the time I get the MF02 in, it will not likely be my greatest thrower for long. Banggood had a sale, and a 30% off coupon. That brought the MF04 down to under 160 dollars, so I pulled the trigger on that thrower that is rated at 2416 meters of throw. Now to be honest, we all know these throw claims are not really close to any real usable light distance. It may give really useful light output to 1500 meters though. I kind of hope the Imalent MS18 does not go on sale for a drastically lower price. What is it about people like me that want the biggest, baddest, brightest flashlights on the planet? It has to be some kind of illness to even be slightly intrigued by something as ridiculous as a 100,000 lumen flashlight. It, or for that matter the MF04, and even the MF02 are just too massive to be practical. I am surrounded by 100+ dollar lights, and which light do I actually use the most for actual practical purposes? That would be the Nicron N7, followed by the Olight Seeker 2, or Sofirn IF25a. I do also use the Sofirn D25S headlamp a good bit. I have been the same way with knives, vape devices, and Antique mantle clocks. I can’t even logically say why I like all these things I do not need. I do need and use my vape devices, but having maybe 200 regulated mods alone is a bit of overkill. I do like all those things for reasons I can’t even start to explain, because I don’t know why myself.

I just wanted to let you know this light is 55.05 after coupon found by Wikibuy app at Fasttech. I just ordered one, because it does seem to be a good lite for that price, and gets good reviews. I hope fasttech can do better than banggood on shipping, but I would guess not.

we will have a new zoom model, it will be totally different.

Newbie,
There is a guy on youtube that shows lights in the conditions you are talking about in your various threads.
He takes a while to get to the woods for distant beam shots. But I think it gives a realistic look at what you can expect.
Here’s an example.
All the Best,
Jeff

And another

The Acebeam W30 is not a flashlight, and should not be compared to flashlights. It is in fact a laser, and as such does what lasers do, put a fine beam on anything it is pointed at with no spill. The thing is, how far it throws might be impressive, but is it really usable light? Perhaps it could be used as a giant laser pointer, or as a signal light if you are lost in the wilderness and rescue teams are looking for you. It would not be useful to see where you walk at night. I do not see any really good purpose for that kind of a device, at least not any useful legal purpose. It might just be a matter of time until some idiot starts beaming commercial planes with it. Comparing it to led flashlights it is impressive, but compared to lasers, not so much. Just my honest opinion. It might be more useful if it also had an led in it for a simultaneous flood.

DCFix, anyone? :laughing:

I must thanks Sarge, Jeff, Miguel and everyone else for the excellent advice.

Best regards

Peter