Which name for the *BLF Ultimate Lantern*

101 posts / 0 new
Last post
Chatika vas Paus
Chatika vas Paus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 45 min ago
Joined: 09/03/2017 - 13:46
Posts: 1045

I think that first version looks much better.

DBSAR wrote:
Here is a rendering of a logo engraving i thought of recently, what is your thoughts?

!{height:300px; width:1000px}https://i.imgur.com/X8O8KN5.jpg!

donttellmywifei...
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 11/05/2017 - 20:47
Posts: 73
Location: ny

.

BLF illuminator 18650

Aleister
Aleister's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 6 days ago
Joined: 10/23/2010 - 15:27
Posts: 726
Location: Greece

Lightbringer wrote:
How about “George”, so it’ll be less confusing to all my other lights?

Yes, good choice Big Smile I could also troll my wife with that name… She calls for me (George), a lantern named George on an RC car appears in front of her, here, job done, now leave me alone Big Smile

I want to vote for BLF LT but there is no option

Let a flooder be my wife and a thrower be my mistress

TheShadowGuy
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 07/18/2016 - 20:44
Posts: 124

Missing BLF SkyLantern (Or, in Chinese, BLF 天灯 ).

SARLantern makes me think Search and Rescue Lantern… which is kind of neat.

Yourrid
Yourrid's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 05/17/2013 - 09:41
Posts: 1068
Location: NE ATL

My vote: BLF Lantern

Simple and easy. I definitely think we should use Aleister’s awesome logo

BLF Lantern… BLF LT for short

Just like BLF Gigga Thrower is GT for short

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 15543
Location: nyc

Gotta confess, I saw that and asked myself… “BLFOLT??”.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Coscar
Coscar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 01/03/2016 - 20:16
Posts: 781
Location: Gulf Coast

Yourrid wrote:
My vote: BLF Lantern

Simple and easy. I definitely think we should use Aleister’s awesome logo

BLF Lantern… BLF LT for short

Just like BLF Gigga Thrower is GT for short

Seems like there are a lot of folks that like LT for a name but we have been told they want to avoid any conflict with the GT makers. Legally, I dont think there should be any problem …… I mean one is a Giga thrower and the other is a Lantern….. I mean look at all the different car names with Z or X.

Im not a Pessimist …. just an Optimist with a lot of experience


A little John Prine

severide
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 06/01/2018 - 15:16
Posts: 117
Location: United States

I like joechina’s version of Aleister’s design.

joechina wrote:
OK, my first try

(also my first try to post a picture on BLF, so can you see it? It can take a while till i get it. apload direkt)

Hm, here is a direct link
http://abload.de/image.php?img=blflanternlogopart2-pfjgl.jpeg

I used Jerommels GT Logo. He has the BLF from the Q8 logo.
So it would be consistent.

Does anybody know which font the text is?
This would be helpfull for future projects too!

I got the GT Logo from here:
Discussion thread GT logo
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1221301#comment-1221301

Eraursls1984
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 11/08/2014 - 01:44
Posts: 212
Location: North Florida

Coscar wrote:
Yourrid wrote:
My vote: BLF Lantern

Simple and easy. I definitely think we should use Aleister’s awesome logo

BLF Lantern… BLF LT for short

Just like BLF Gigga Thrower is GT for short

Seems like there are a lot of folks that like LT for a name but we have been told they want to avoid any conflict with the GT makers. Legally, I dont think there should be any problem …… I mean one is a Giga thrower and the other is a Lantern….. I mean look at all the different car names with Z or X.


That’s why I like BLF LTRN. Different enough, but would still work well with that design.
Yourrid
Yourrid's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 05/17/2013 - 09:41
Posts: 1068
Location: NE ATL

Regardless, I definitely think there needs to be a silhouette of an old oil lantern somewhere in the logo.

Tom Tom
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 09/10/2017 - 08:30
Posts: 1162

Which name for the BLF Ultimate Lantern (see thread title).

Why, the BLF UL Smile

Isn’t it obvious ? Although “ultimate” is pushing it a bit, BLF ULmkI maybe.

I like the stylised kerosene lamp in the middle, make lighting bolts flash out of the sides (but not in a Nazi manner).

TheShadowGuy
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 07/18/2016 - 20:44
Posts: 124

If I remember correctly, LT looks too similar to the Lumintop-produced GT, and this lantern isn’t being produced by Lumintop either (which could also be abbreviated LT).

Some members (myself included) Find “Lantern” to be a boring name anyway. I’d personally take just about any other name over just “Lantern.” This is also why there are a lot of Lantern-plus names that have been brought up, like Ultimate Lantern, Sky Lantern, and the various number + Lantern names.

DBSAR has a neat logo for the “BLF SARLantern” name, by the way.

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6367
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

TheShadowGuy wrote:
If I remember correctly, LT looks too similar to the Lumintop-produced GT, and this lantern isn’t being produced by Lumintop either (which could also be abbreviated LT).

Some members (myself included) Find “Lantern” to be a boring name anyway. I’d personally take just about any other name over just “Lantern.” This is also why there are a lot of Lantern-plus names that have been brought up, like Ultimate Lantern, Sky Lantern, and the various number + Lantern names.

DBSAR has a neat logo for the “BLF SARLantern” name, by the way.

This one?
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1352147#comment-1352147

I will draw up another tonight with a shorter name.

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 15543
Location: nyc
TheShadowGuy wrote:
Some members (myself included) Find “Lantern” to be a boring name anyway. I’d personally take just about any other name over just “Lantern.” This is also why there are a lot of Lantern-plus names that have been brought up, like Ultimate Lantern, Sky Lantern, and the various number + Lantern names.

BLF Shiny Maker”?

It’s certainly unique

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

TheShadowGuy
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 07/18/2016 - 20:44
Posts: 124
Lightbringer wrote:
TheShadowGuy wrote:
Some members (myself included) Find “Lantern” to be a boring name anyway. I’d personally take just about any other name over just “Lantern.” This is also why there are a lot of Lantern-plus names that have been brought up, like Ultimate Lantern, Sky Lantern, and the various number + Lantern names.

BLF Shiny Maker”?

It’s certainly unique

BLF Shiny sounds like a fun name if it came in silver. Cool

Of course, now I have an image of flashlight enthusiasts being drawn to a Shiny like moths to a flame…

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 15543
Location: nyc
TheShadowGuy wrote:
Of course, now I have an image of flashlight enthusiasts being drawn to a Shiny like moths to a flame…

Then mission accomplished. Big Smile

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6367
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

I am amazed at how many votes that “ BLF Lantern “ got for the name. Even though some have mentioned a shorter name would be more practical. I don;t know how difficult it will be for the factory to produce the production models & etch the name on the lantern, i guess it will depend on them, as i’m unsure if the name etching detail level affects the final pricing of the lantern. Will have to wait for Barry to comment on that.

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 15543
Location: nyc

BLFrog.

BLF rays of goodness.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

pooptoast
pooptoast's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 10 hours ago
Joined: 08/12/2015 - 23:11
Posts: 187

Simple is good so I like lantern. Heck, I liked LT but it’s too similar to GT apparently.

I had meant to propose BLF L8 or L44 for Lantern with 8 LEDs or Lantern with 4 + 4 LEDs. It’s probably too late now though Smile

Eraursls1984
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 11/08/2014 - 01:44
Posts: 212
Location: North Florida

pooptoast wrote:
Simple is good so I like lantern. Heck, I liked LT but it’s too similar to GT apparently.

I had meant to propose BLF L8 or L44 for Lantern with 8 LEDs or Lantern with 4 + 4 LEDs. It’s probably too late now though Smile


Those are good suggestions. BLF ULT would be good, too. That would lower the anxiety of those of us who are OCD (3 letters on each side of the old school lantern), as well as the L44.
Eraursls1984
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 11/08/2014 - 01:44
Posts: 212
Location: North Florida

Now if we could just add the Aux board that Lexel drew up with balance resistors and LDO for multiple color Aux LED’s. That would make this the Ultimate Lantern.

pooptoast
pooptoast's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 10 hours ago
Joined: 08/12/2015 - 23:11
Posts: 187

Yeah, good point, probably why I prefer L44 as well. ULT is great too.

Yourrid
Yourrid's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 05/17/2013 - 09:41
Posts: 1068
Location: NE ATL
Eraursls1984 wrote:
Now if we could just add the Aux board that Lexel drew up with balance resistors and LDO for multiple color Aux LED’s. That would make this the Ultimate Lantern.

YES! Thumbs Up

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6367
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Eraursls1984 wrote:
Now if we could just add the Aux board that Lexel drew up with balance resistors and LDO for multiple color Aux LED’s. That would make this the Ultimate Lantern.

It would be nice to have a RGB multi-color auxiliary LED option, but i think that will drive the cost much higher.

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6367
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

UPDATE: Barry has asked about the logo as they are ready to look at it, so are we ready to settle on “ BLF Lantern , BLF ULT , or the next highest voted names? ( BLF-Pharos , BLF-Q8L, or other? I will work on a logo design to send him tonight.

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 15543
Location: nyc

I still like BLFrog

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

RobertB
RobertB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 8 hours ago
Joined: 12/18/2015 - 17:49
Posts: 3696
Location: USA, Michigan

How bout just BLF and one of the Lantern sketches. Everyone will still call it the BLF Lantern.

or

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6367
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

RobertB wrote:
How bout just BLF and one of the Lantern sketches. Everyone will still call it the BLF Lantern.

Thats keeping it simple.

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

RobertB
RobertB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 8 hours ago
Joined: 12/18/2015 - 17:49
Posts: 3696
Location: USA, Michigan

DBSAR wrote:
RobertB wrote:
How bout just BLF and one of the Lantern sketches. Everyone will still call it the BLF Lantern.

Thats keeping it simple.

I like simple! And I like that lighthouse looking lantern sketch you came up with too!

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6367
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

RobertB wrote:
DBSAR wrote:
RobertB wrote:
How bout just BLF and one of the Lantern sketches. Everyone will still call it the BLF Lantern.

Thats keeping it simple.

I like simple! And I like that lighthouse looking lantern sketch you came up with too!

Its a sketch of the V2 prototype BLF lantern Smile

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

Pages