Negative experience with NealsGadgets

452 posts / 0 new
Last post
TimMc
TimMc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 36 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2020 - 02:22
Posts: 556
Location: Melbourne, Australia
niajef wrote:
i almost bought a vapcell charger from him, but found it on aliexpress for cheaper. hopefully it works out.

You’re probably better off getting the charger from Vapcell’s official store on AliExpress or their Alibaba. They do flash sales sometimes. Smile

KisaKot
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 days ago
Joined: 10/29/2020 - 13:20
Posts: 28
Location: Russia

In mid-October, I ordered Imalent MS03 from him, but for 2 weeks I did not receive any response from him. I emailed him many times, but got no response. The only way to get the money back was to create a claim via PayPal. I will never go to this store again, and I don’t recommend it to anyone.

AEDe
AEDe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 20 min ago
Joined: 12/01/2016 - 12:07
Posts: 708
Location: Moscow

TimMc wrote:

Send him a message via Facebook? He usually responds quickly. He provided a refund when I asked. He didn’t have the RRT01 in stock.


I dont use facebook. I send him 3 emails. He did not answer even in PP dispute and claim. It’s the first time I’ve seen such a stupid seller in ten years of online shopping.
Photon Master
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 04/07/2018 - 14:04
Posts: 828
Location: Mars

Man sorry you guys are having a rough time with Neal’s store. I ordered this light on 31 October and when I buy from him, I set my expectation that I’ll get it when I get it. I’ll post back when I receive so others will have an idea of timeframe

LUMINTOP GT Nano Osram KW CSLNM1.1 450LM

Grumsel
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 13 hours ago
Joined: 06/12/2020 - 18:29
Posts: 40
Location: The Netherlands

I placed an ordered with Neal’s gadgets on 3 October, it was shipped on 15 October and I received it 23 October. It could have been shipped quicker but no complains otherwise. I did not try to contact him so can’t say anything about that.

niajef
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2020 - 18:23
Posts: 787
Location: Toronto

damn it took 12 days just to process the order to ship it out, but only 8 days from china to netherlands?

Grumsel
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 13 hours ago
Joined: 06/12/2020 - 18:29
Posts: 40
Location: The Netherlands

I checked and yes, the dates are correct. I ordered it in the evening on the 2nd, according to Neals site the order came in on the 3rd. The order was marked completed on the 15th, first date in tracking is 16th. It was delivered in the Netherlands on the 23rd.

Souichirou
Souichirou's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 04/05/2019 - 21:32
Posts: 689
Grumsel wrote:
I placed an ordered with Neal’s gadgets on 3 October, it was shipped on 15 October and I received it 23 October. It could have been shipped quicker but no complains otherwise. I did not try to contact him so can’t say anything about that.
Grumsel wrote:
I checked and yes, the dates are correct. I ordered it in the evening on the 2nd, according to Neals site the order came in on the 3rd. The order was marked completed on the 15th, first date in tracking is 16th. It was delivered in the Netherlands on the 23rd.

You also know that China has a national holiday that went from the first of October till the 8th where pretty much everything stopped/closed for celebrations right ?

TimMc
TimMc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 36 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2020 - 02:22
Posts: 556
Location: Melbourne, Australia
AEDe wrote:
I dont use facebook. I send him 3 emails. He did not answer even in PP dispute and claim.

I had a similar experience. I sent a few emails and never received a response. But he replied within 5 minutes of sending a message via Facebook Messenger. I guess he needs to read emails more often…

Turby3Pots
Turby3Pots's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 03/31/2013 - 20:51
Posts: 592
Location: Richmond va USA

I placed an order for BLF GT4 and received the item in less than 2 weeks.

I found a defect immediately (the battery separators were falling apart) so I emailed neal and he never responded. I was able to work through the issue on my own but it is clear whatever arrives in that box is yours to deal with.

Di_Joker
Di_Joker's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 51 min ago
Joined: 02/21/2018 - 08:07
Posts: 392
Location: RU

I wrote to him on Facebook for two months, several messages and did not receive a single reply.

Sorry for my poor english.

Light Veteran
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 10/17/2019 - 03:36
Posts: 78
Location: Italy
TimMc wrote:
AEDe wrote:
I dont use facebook. I send him 3 emails. He did not answer even in PP dispute and claim.

I had a similar experience. I sent a few emails and never received a response. But he replied within 5 minutes of sending a message via Facebook Messenger. I guess he needs to read emails more often…

Name on Facebook? I don’t find him. Thank you

Flashlight addicted

Souichirou
Souichirou's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 04/05/2019 - 21:32
Posts: 689
Light Veteran wrote:
TimMc wrote:
AEDe wrote:
I dont use facebook. I send him 3 emails. He did not answer even in PP dispute and claim.

I had a similar experience. I sent a few emails and never received a response. But he replied within 5 minutes of sending a message via Facebook Messenger. I guess he needs to read emails more often…

Name on Facebook? I don’t find him. Thank you

On Neals website if you look at lower right hand corner you will see a blue speech bubble with a lightning bolt in it, click it and its a direct facebook messenger link for his store.

Josen for young
Josen for young's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 29 min ago
Joined: 10/25/2020 - 22:16
Posts: 20
Location: Aichi-ken

Rather than looking for other’s shortcomings, better at explore the advantages.
I am looking for a new tester for my flashlight and hope to find him. No, I have a foreboding that he will contact me at next second. Lol

Wurkkos Directの日本担当メタです。
よろしくお願いします。

コラボなどのお問い合わせ:
beyondyoungmoon@gmail.com

TimMc
TimMc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 36 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2020 - 02:22
Posts: 556
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Light Veteran wrote:
Name on Facebook? I don’t find him. Thank you

Neal Zhang
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005099148932

The message might get through more easily if you add him as a friend first and then send a message. I’ve accidentally ignored messages for years because Facebook didn’t send me any notification.

CM2010
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 07/19/2012 - 05:48
Posts: 659

It’s like a game of russian roulette anytime you order from him.

Grumsel
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 13 hours ago
Joined: 06/12/2020 - 18:29
Posts: 40
Location: The Netherlands

Souichirou wrote:

You also know that China has a national holiday that went from the first of October till the 8th where pretty much everything stopped/closed for celebrations right ?

I found out after placing the order. Maybe it could have been written on the website, not everyone knows the Chinese holidays. I for sure didn’t.

And the time between order and delivery was still acceptable, I had orders from Banggood and Aliexpress that took longer to get here.

My post was not meant as a complaint about the service of Neals gadgets, will order there again if I find something I want.

Light Veteran
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 10/17/2019 - 03:36
Posts: 78
Location: Italy
TimMc wrote:
Light Veteran wrote:
Name on Facebook? I don’t find him. Thank you

Neal Zhang
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005099148932

The message might get through more easily if you add him as a friend first and then send a message. I’ve accidentally ignored messages for years because Facebook didn’t send me any notification.

Thank you

Flashlight addicted

Light Veteran
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 10/17/2019 - 03:36
Posts: 78
Location: Italy
Souichirou wrote:
Light Veteran wrote:
TimMc wrote:
AEDe wrote:
I dont use facebook. I send him 3 emails. He did not answer even in PP dispute and claim.

I had a similar experience. I sent a few emails and never received a response. But he replied within 5 minutes of sending a message via Facebook Messenger. I guess he needs to read emails more often…

Name on Facebook? I don’t find him. Thank you

On Neals website if you look at lower right hand corner you will see a blue speech bubble with a lightning bolt in it, click it and its a direct facebook messenger link for his store.

Thank You

Flashlight addicted

Light Veteran
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 10/17/2019 - 03:36
Posts: 78
Location: Italy

After nearly one month from my order (15 October) Neal write to me
the E07 i was ordered and paid is out of stock.. WHAT?
After one month.. WHAT?
Now he say he can ship another model next Monday..because tomorrow and
weekend have a business trip…
If next Monday I don’t receive Tracking number I open a dispute with PayPal.
I am so sorry but this thing is never happened in 20 years of online shopping.
I am speachless

Flashlight addicted

Robin Dobbie
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 04/30/2019 - 12:49
Posts: 1144
Location: Texas

He actually… contacted you? You should feel honored.

Light Veteran
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 10/17/2019 - 03:36
Posts: 78
Location: Italy
Robin Dobbie wrote:
He actually… contacted you? You should feel honored.

Nope.. i contact him with a lot of “please”

Flashlight addicted

jp9mm
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 03/30/2020 - 12:14
Posts: 518

Always fun being extra nice to those jerking you around Innocent

KisaKot
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 days ago
Joined: 10/29/2020 - 13:20
Posts: 28
Location: Russia
Robin Dobbie wrote:
He actually… contacted you? You should feel honored.

He was probably in a great mood if he answered in a month. And probably he is rarely in a good mood, because when he is in a bad mood, he simply does not respond. At all.

Jasetaylor
Jasetaylor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 10/16/2020 - 05:29
Posts: 137
Location: West Sussex
Light Veteran wrote:
After nearly one month from my order (15 October) Neal write to me the E07 i was ordered and paid is out of stock.. WHAT? After one month.. WHAT? Now he say he can ship another model next Monday..because tomorrow and weekend have a business trip… If next Monday I don’t receive Tracking number I open a dispute with PayPal. I am so sorry but this thing is never happened in 20 years of online shopping. I am speachless

Regarding the E07, what did you order – colour, emitter, aux colour?

I ordered around the same time – black, blue aux and XP-L @ 5000k, it was finally shipped 7 days ago and just arrived in the country.

Sirstinky
Offline
Last seen: 29 min 15 sec ago
Joined: 11/02/2018 - 17:07
Posts: 1327
Location: Vancouver, WA

I’m reading all these comments, and I think it sums up the buying experience of pretty much any online outlet based in China. Remember they are (at least for me) like 8500 miles away, across an ocean, dealing with different time zones, language barriers, logistics issues with air and ground parcel carriers, during a pandemic, on top of supply and demand fluctuations. It’s an unfortunate part of buying from China during a pandemic with all of the above working against a small company like Neal’s. He can take your credit card or electronic payment instantly, but processing the order takes time. Not trying to make any excuses for poor customer service by any means (absolutely no excuse for that), but just something to keep in mind. Mtn electronics used to ship my orders the same day or the next and I’d have them within 3-4 days pre-covid. Now it’s at least 4 days to ship and I’ll have the order in 7-8. Mtn is only 1500 miles from me, also.

TimMc
TimMc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 36 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2020 - 02:22
Posts: 556
Location: Melbourne, Australia

I’ve had great buying experiences with half a dozen other companies in China. E.g. Place order. Payment confirmed. Item shipped with tracking the same day or the next day.

If the item isn’t in stock, list it as backordered. Tired

Light Veteran
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 10/17/2019 - 03:36
Posts: 78
Location: Italy
Jasetaylor wrote:
Light Veteran wrote:
After nearly one month from my order (15 October) Neal write to me the E07 i was ordered and paid is out of stock.. WHAT? After one month.. WHAT? Now he say he can ship another model next Monday..because tomorrow and weekend have a business trip… If next Monday I don’t receive Tracking number I open a dispute with PayPal. I am so sorry but this thing is never happened in 20 years of online shopping. I am speachless

Regarding the E07, what did you order – colour, emitter, aux colour?

I ordered around the same time – black, blue aux and XP-L @ 5000k, it was finally shipped 7 days ago and just arrived in the country.

Fireflies E07 – yellow / SST20 5000K NW / Blue

Flashlight addicted

Light Veteran
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 10/17/2019 - 03:36
Posts: 78
Location: Italy
Sirstinky wrote:
I’m reading all these comments, and I think it sums up the buying experience of pretty much any online outlet based in China. Remember they are (at least for me) like 8500 miles away, across an ocean, dealing with different time zones, language barriers, logistics issues with air and ground parcel carriers, during a pandemic, on top of supply and demand fluctuations. It’s an unfortunate part of buying from China during a pandemic with all of the above working against a small company like Neal’s. He can take your credit card or electronic payment instantly, but processing the order takes time. Not trying to make any excuses for poor customer service by any means (absolutely no excuse for that), but just something to keep in mind. Mtn electronics used to ship my orders the same day or the next and I’d have them within 3-4 days pre-covid. Now it’s at least 4 days to ship and I’ll have the order in 7-8. Mtn is only 1500 miles from me, also.

Keep in mind..banggood is Chinese company more more more more more big than Neal..But they reply, they ship instantly and refund instantly if there is problems.
I think language barriers when I write “tracking number” is ridiculous. Sorry but it is a problem for me if you are a Seller and you not reply to my question . You write in Chinese but write after 10 minutes if you want.
Not after 1 month

Flashlight addicted

AEDe
AEDe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 20 min ago
Joined: 12/01/2016 - 12:07
Posts: 708
Location: Moscow

I suddenly reseived order from Neal after refund. It has totally different tracking number than i see in account.

So I actually dont known how to do right.) I think I refund his refund , after 3 mails from Neal)

Pages