✌ ASTROLUX EA01 SST40 (2300lm)/ XHP50.2 (3500lm) TIR 26650/ 26350 Flashlight Group Buy - ALIVE!

570 posts / 0 new
Last post
Artiet59
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 2044
Location: CT, USA

Zoulas – here is the factory inserted Brass (the ring that has the two screws in it)

Check out some of my new lights (picture heavy) and quick first impressions of them here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77180

WindyCity
WindyCity's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 02/15/2020 - 16:37
Posts: 55
Location: Windy City

Good to see the problem is solved, had it on my shortlist (that is getting longer and longer)

Chicken Drumstick
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 08/27/2012 - 05:00
Posts: 2762
Location: UK

Yeah the revised MINI has a brass insert, you can see it easily when you remove the battery tube. Mine was the wrong way round (needed rotating 180 degrees). I also applied some thermal compound to the touch points under the heatsink.

zoulas
zoulas's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2020 - 08:35
Posts: 1307

Has this problem been addressed from astrolux? If I buy one now, will it be plastic still?

Chicken Drumstick
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 08/27/2012 - 05:00
Posts: 2762
Location: UK

zoulas wrote:
Has this problem been addressed from astrolux? If I buy one now, will it be plastic still?

As said, I bought one a few months back and it came with a brass heatsink. I’d say problem solved myself. Smile
light_man89
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/14/2018 - 11:54
Posts: 13
Location: United States

I am interested in a coupon for the XHP50.2 version.

Thanks.

aggalitsas
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 23 hours ago
Joined: 03/20/2020 - 11:51
Posts: 37

Is it an established fact that 21700s batteries are a no-go for this light?

Artiet59
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 2044
Location: CT, USA

I use the 40t in both of mine no problems so far. I think that warning is just for the mateminco mt04 for some reason.

Check out some of my new lights (picture heavy) and quick first impressions of them here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77180

brenden23
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/30/2019 - 02:35
Posts: 45
Location: Hawaii

Please send code for EA01

aggalitsas
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 23 hours ago
Joined: 03/20/2020 - 11:51
Posts: 37

Artiet59 wrote:
I use the 40t in both of mine no problems so far. I think that warning is just for the mateminco mt04 for some reason.

Thanx, I may end up buying this light and all 26650s I can buy are expensive and inferior to 21700s like 40T
Rat
Offline
Last seen: 23 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 09/28/2011 - 06:13
Posts: 180
Location: Australia

XHP50.2 Blue code, please

d_t_a
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 3 min ago
Joined: 08/04/2017 - 23:58
Posts: 2418
Location: Manila, Philippines
aggalitsas wrote:
Is it an established fact that 21700s batteries are a no-go for this light?

21700 batteries will fit the EA01 with adapter, although may get slightly compressed if it’s a bit longer (unprotected) 21700.

With EA01 (with XHP50.2), I’d say 21700 batteries will be good.

Unfortunately my EA01 (with SST40), turns bluish even when using not-high-drain 26650 batteries… since it shipped with this bluish-on-high-brightness problem… BG is “still processing” my complaint for this issue… Sad They mention will send a new light bulb to me (I wonder what it meant — I doubt they mean they’ll ship a complete replacement flashlight since they just said “light bult”…)

-Rick-
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 03/02/2016 - 14:03
Posts: 263
Location: NL

Interested!

aggalitsas
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 23 hours ago
Joined: 03/20/2020 - 11:51
Posts: 37
d_t_a wrote:
aggalitsas wrote:
Is it an established fact that 21700s batteries are a no-go for this light?

21700 batteries will fit the EA01 with adapter, although may get slightly compressed if it’s a bit longer (unprotected) 21700.

With EA01 (with XHP50.2), I’d say 21700 batteries will be good.

Unfortunately my EA01 (with SST40), turns bluish even when using not-high-drain 26650 batteries… since it shipped with this bluish-on-high-brightness problem… BG is “still processing” my complaint for this issue… Sad They mention will send a new light bulb to me (I wonder what it meant — I doubt they mean they’ll ship a complete replacement flashlight since they just said “light bult”…)


Hope everything turns out fine with BG
djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 15 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 17763
Location: Amsterdam

I received a nice Acebeam E10 today (it was my prize for the OL competition Party ), which is the same form factor as the Astrolux EA01, so here they are next to each other for comparison.

The Acebeam is lighter built, w/o battery it is 98 gram, vs 133 gram for the Astrolux. The TIR’s are the same diameter and work the same, but they are not the same TIR. No idea if one is better than the other, these two flashlight have a vastly different emitter (SST40 and White Flat) so the beams and throw can not be compared. The Acebeam 26350 battery with charging port is well too long for the Astrolux.

Nagonka
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/31/2018 - 02:00
Posts: 25
Location: Germany

Already alive? I’m interested in the SST40 Version.

pennzy
pennzy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 19:45
Posts: 3309
Location: United States , Pa.

If still available, I would like a code for a black XHP 50.2 please.

Dzeric
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 08/09/2019 - 17:16
Posts: 60

Will this eventually be available with colored orsam emitters?

greymage
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 02/22/2020 - 18:35
Posts: 30
Location: Austin, TX

May I have a code for the XHP50.2 version please?

Thanks.

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 56 min 9 sec ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 9653

All replied.

1thedeals.comyoutubeAstroluxNealsgadgetsolight

Nagonka
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/31/2018 - 02:00
Posts: 25
Location: Germany

Sorry, think you forgot me Sad

XHP50 Version

TheAuditor
Offline
Last seen: 33 min 34 sec ago
Joined: 12/04/2017 - 06:33
Posts: 665
Location: United Kingdom

Has anyone else had the turning blue issue with the SST40 version?

Bonum commune communitatis.

Yarp.

Artiet59
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 2044
Location: CT, USA

TheAuditor wrote:
Has anyone else had the turning blue issue with the SST40 version?
I have not. I Have sst40 5000k

Check out some of my new lights (picture heavy) and quick first impressions of them here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77180

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 15 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 17763
Location: Amsterdam

TheAuditor wrote:
Has anyone else had the turning blue issue with the SST40 version?

Could be a chip of alu under the ledboard preventing good thermal contact with the body. Or one of the holes in the ledboard shelve that has a protruding edge.

Depending on your mood or skills you could
1)contact Banggood about it, or
2)open the head, unsolder the ledboard and have a look at what is wrong. Then assemble the proper way.

light_man89
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/14/2018 - 11:54
Posts: 13
Location: United States

Ordered Grey XHP50.2 5700K

Thanks.

pennzy
pennzy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 19:45
Posts: 3309
Location: United States , Pa.

Thanks freeme, order placed. Hope it ships before Feb. 23rd.

pennzy
pennzy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 19:45
Posts: 3309
Location: United States , Pa.

What battery gives the longest run time and can handle the XHP50.2 amp draw. I don’t need every last lumen.

-Rick-
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 03/02/2016 - 14:03
Posts: 263
Location: NL

Rick wrote:
Interested!

And ordered Wink
phantom23
phantom23's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/26/2011 - 17:39
Posts: 877

pennzy wrote:
What battery gives the longest run time and can handle the XHP50.2 amp draw. I don’t need every last lumen.

Just get the highest capacity ones and avoid turbo. High (the highest ramping mode) is still plenty bright.
pennzy
pennzy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 19:45
Posts: 3309
Location: United States , Pa.

phantom23 wrote:
pennzy wrote:
What battery gives the longest run time and can handle the XHP50.2 amp draw. I don’t need every last lumen.

Just get the highest capacity ones and avoid turbo. High (the highest ramping mode) is still plenty bright.

That used to be the Shockli 5500 but I think it has been discontinued? How many amps is turbo with the xhp50.2 in the EA01?

Pages