WTS Modded J-19 (simply amazing light) $125

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
18sixfifty
18sixfifty's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 month ago
Joined: 12/25/2012 - 20:19
Posts: 4161
WTS Modded J-19 (simply amazing light) $125

This light is sold but if you would like me to mod one for you please send me a PM I will ship overseas but you must pay the full shipping cost.  

 

Modded J-19 $125

 

I just finished putting this light together and it turned out amazing. It absolutely blows away the SP03, it smacks it like a redheaded stepchild. Here are beamshots of the two side by side taken seconds apart. Shipping is $12.50 for Priority mail, US only. Yes those are both on high. It has XM-L2 U2's on noctigons a DRY driver 4 modes no blinkies steps down from turbo to high after 120 seconds but I don't think it really needs to as it doesn't seem to get hot at all. 

 

First PM gets it and after that if people want one I will build one for you, let me know and we can work something out. 

 

I’m a junky, I mod lights so I can sell lights so I can buy more light to mod so I can sell lights to buy more lights to mod.

Edited by: 18sixfifty on 08/19/2013 - 13:09
blueb8llz
Offline
Last seen: 25 min 13 sec ago
Joined: 06/02/2012 - 01:16
Posts: 3146
Location: California

bump for an amazing build and light. if i didnt have a tom e super shocker or a vinh k40 super thrower coming, id consider this.

B42
B42's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 1 week ago
Joined: 03/07/2013 - 21:03
Posts: 1876

I thought you were going to put MTG2s in one? Nice light this way too, just was really hoping to see that Smile How far are those trees?

18sixfifty
18sixfifty's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 month ago
Joined: 12/25/2012 - 20:19
Posts: 4161
B42 wrote:
I thought you were going to put MTG2s in one? Nice light this way too, just was really hoping to see that Smile How far are those trees?

I am putting MTG2’s in another one I have on the way. Just waiting on parts, the J-19 is in Chicago right now. If this one sells I’m just going to buy another one and mod it too. I will probably end up modding a few of these. I can’t think of a better host out there. Oh and the MTG2’s fit in the reflector no problem I checked one to see when I was modding this bad boy.

The trees are around 125 yards. I have trees that it lights up big time that are three times as far but I can’t figure out how to get pictures of them so I’m stuck with this.

I’m a junky, I mod lights so I can sell lights so I can buy more light to mod so I can sell lights to buy more lights to mod.

B42
B42's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 1 week ago
Joined: 03/07/2013 - 21:03
Posts: 1876

Well, I’m definitely interested in a MT-G2 ×3 mod…and can you fit the Moli 26700s x3 in it?

18sixfifty
18sixfifty's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 month ago
Joined: 12/25/2012 - 20:19
Posts: 4161
B42 wrote:
Well, I’m definitely interested in a MT-G2 ×3 mod…and can you fit the Moli 26700s x3 in it?

I don’t own any so I haven’t tried but there are springs on each end so there is plenty of extra room.

I’m a junky, I mod lights so I can sell lights so I can buy more light to mod so I can sell lights to buy more lights to mod.

blueb8llz
Offline
Last seen: 25 min 13 sec ago
Joined: 06/02/2012 - 01:16
Posts: 3146
Location: California
B42 wrote:
Well, I’m definitely interested in a MT-G2 ×3 mod…and can you fit the Moli 26700s x3 in it?

same here, if you decide to mod a couple of these, ill take one. i mean if the results are good heheh

JohnnyMac
JohnnyMac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 04/12/2011 - 16:03
Posts: 8864
Location: Eastern PA

What are the output numbers on this bad boy?  Have you measured lux and OTF lumens?

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 7096
Location: The Light

Digitally enhanced beamshot to show greater detail:

J) :bigsmile:

Sweet mod!

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

18sixfifty
18sixfifty's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 month ago
Joined: 12/25/2012 - 20:19
Posts: 4161

sb56637 wrote:
Digitally enhanced beamshot to show greater detail:

J) :bigsmile:

Sweet mod!

Thanks and that’s a pretty cool trick.

I’m a junky, I mod lights so I can sell lights so I can buy more light to mod so I can sell lights to buy more lights to mod.

18sixfifty
18sixfifty's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 month ago
Joined: 12/25/2012 - 20:19
Posts: 4161
JohnnyMac wrote:

What are the output numbers on this bad boy?  Have you measured lux and OTF lumens?

Nope my meter stinks. I have a better one on the way but for now anything would be a guess. But I know it walks all over what my Shocker did stock. Well you can see what it does to the SP03 and that really isn’t too bad of a light. It’s using the same driver as the BTU shocker but with a lot more amps through the emitters and on copper as well. I’m sure it’s at least 4,000 lumens and 200,000 lux and that has to be low on the lux it’s probably quite a bit higher than that. It actually has a hotspot inside of the spot that you see in the picture. The reflector is a lot deeper than the SP03.

I’m a junky, I mod lights so I can sell lights so I can buy more light to mod so I can sell lights to buy more lights to mod.

B42
B42's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 1 week ago
Joined: 03/07/2013 - 21:03
Posts: 1876
18sixfifty wrote:
JohnnyMac wrote:

What are the output numbers on this bad boy?  Have you measured lux and OTF lumens?

Nope my meter stinks. I have a better one on the way but for now anything would be a guess. But I know it walks all over what my Shocker did stock. Well you can see what it does to the SP03 and that really isn’t too bad of a light. It’s using the same driver as the BTU shocker but with a lot more amps through the emitters and on copper as well. I’m sure it’s at least 4,000 lumens and 200,000 lux and that has to be low on the lux it’s probably quite a bit higher than that. It actually has a hotspot inside of the spot that you see in the picture. The reflector is a lot deeper than the SP03.

I’m thinking if you mod it with MT-G2’s it should be around 6,000 lumens with great throw too, thats why I’m waiting to buy one of those. Big Smile I like the styling of the J19, I think I’d like the feel and heft of it (I like the Trustfire 3×26650 lights), like the 32650 option and love the deep reflectors: I think it will be a perfect combo of throw and flood, I’m counting on skipping the TK75 in favor of getting one of these from you Smile

18sixfifty
18sixfifty's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 month ago
Joined: 12/25/2012 - 20:19
Posts: 4161
B42 wrote:
18sixfifty wrote:
JohnnyMac wrote:

What are the output numbers on this bad boy?  Have you measured lux and OTF lumens?

Nope my meter stinks. I have a better one on the way but for now anything would be a guess. But I know it walks all over what my Shocker did stock. Well you can see what it does to the SP03 and that really isn’t too bad of a light. It’s using the same driver as the BTU shocker but with a lot more amps through the emitters and on copper as well. I’m sure it’s at least 4,000 lumens and 200,000 lux and that has to be low on the lux it’s probably quite a bit higher than that. It actually has a hotspot inside of the spot that you see in the picture. The reflector is a lot deeper than the SP03.

I’m thinking if you mod it with MT-G2’s it should be around 6,000 lumens with great throw too, thats why I’m waiting to buy one of those. Big Smile I like the styling of the J19, I think I’d like the feel and heft of it (I like the Trustfire 3×26650 lights), like the 32650 option and love the deep reflectors: I think it will be a perfect combo of throw and flood, I’m counting on skipping the TK75 in favor of getting one of these from you Smile

Cool I’ll let you know as soon as I get it put together how it turns out. There is no way it’s going to throw as well as this light but it might throw as far as the TK75 and put a lot more total light down range too. I find that throw isn’t everything. For instance I stopped building XP-G2 throwers because although I can get the distance it’s not putting enough light on the target to really light it up. It’s the difference between being able to see that the light is hitting something and being able to see what they light is hitting if that makes any sense.

I’m a junky, I mod lights so I can sell lights so I can buy more light to mod so I can sell lights to buy more lights to mod.

B42
B42's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 1 week ago
Joined: 03/07/2013 - 21:03
Posts: 1876

Yeah I’m not really wanting a pure thrower anyways, can’t expect that from MTG2. I’m hoping this combo would produce a massive amount of lumens, with both good flood and good throw and still be able to run it for quite a while on high output…kind of a balance of both with nice tint from MTG2s Smile

ImA4Wheelr
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 02/03/2013 - 14:51
Posts: 7935
Location: SC

18sixfifty wrote:

I find that throw isn’t everything. For instance I stopped building XP-G2 throwers because although I can get the distance it’s not putting enough light on the target to really light it up. It’s the difference between being able to see that the light is hitting something and being able to see what they light is hitting if that makes any sense.

 

+1, totally a fan of large, useful hotspots here.

Someone is going to to get a heck of a deal on this light.  That's a great light you modded at a great price.  You're not asking much more than it sells for stock.  After time and materials, you have to be taking a loss.

gords1001
gords1001's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 05/07/2012 - 14:02
Posts: 5276
Location: wigan england

I wish it wasn’t US only, I’d have dropped on it already.

18sixfifty
18sixfifty's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 month ago
Joined: 12/25/2012 - 20:19
Posts: 4161

OK this light is sold!!

If anyone would like me to make one for you please send me a PM I will ship overseas but you have to pay full shipping costs.

I’m a junky, I mod lights so I can sell lights so I can buy more light to mod so I can sell lights to buy more lights to mod.