ARMYTEK OFFERS and PROMOTIONS

610 posts / 0 new
Last post
raygun
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 weeks ago
Joined: 05/15/2020 - 19:23
Posts: 1

Quote:
duquettegabriel wrote: 35$ USD to ship a 50$ CAD flashlight to Canada. From a supposedly canadian company. Nice try. (as of now, 35$ usd = 50$ cad)

One of the reasons I haven’t purchased anything since my Wizard Pro… Awesome headlamp by the way. Almost perfect. Just wish I would accept primary cells as a backup source.

Same here. I’m waiting for a better shipping price before placing my order. Anyone know how often items are shipped from the US warehouses and therefore the shipping price is $10?

iamlucky13
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 06/22/2018 - 09:18
Posts: 965
Location: USA
buck91 wrote:
duquettegabriel wrote:
35$ USD to ship a 50$ CAD flashlight to Canada. From a supposedly canadian company. Nice try. (as of now, 35$ usd = 50$ cad)

One of the reasons I haven’t purchased anything since my Wizard Pro… Awesome headlamp by the way. Almost perfect. Just wish I would accept primary cells as a backup source.

I believe it used to be able run on CR123A cells, but no longer advertises that feature. I suspect that is due to the addition of onboard charging, to prevent users from attempting to charge primary batteries. I would not be at all surprised if the light actually runs fine on them, but I don’t know if anyone has tested it, which could risk damaging the light. If it does work without harm, you would certainly want to be careful not to habitually attach the charger.

Armytek
Armytek's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 14 hours ago
Joined: 05/23/2013 - 03:36
Posts: 406
Location: Canada

Hello!
We have prepared a small game for you.
You need to find out which model of the flashlight is in the photo.
The first person to write the correct answer will get a 35% promo code.

Good luck!

https://www.armytek.com/

Armytek Optoelectronics Inc.
www.armytek.com

Oli
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 08/03/2018 - 21:03
Posts: 361
Location: United States

Is it a new blackout light?
Edit: if you don’t know what a military blackout light is then you’re probably not going to get the joke.

Armytek
Armytek's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 14 hours ago
Joined: 05/23/2013 - 03:36
Posts: 406
Location: Canada

I don’t understand this joke

Armytek Optoelectronics Inc.
www.armytek.com

Paul321
Paul321's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 03/07/2015 - 09:44
Posts: 768
Location: Hawleyville, USA

Wizard Pro Magnet – USB !

Paul-

Oli
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 08/03/2018 - 21:03
Posts: 361
Location: United States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackout_light They are made for slow movement, about the speed of a bicycle. If you’ve ever driven in a military convoy with black out lights with a guy peeing off the back of the Jeep…nope if you have to explain it it’s not going to be funny.

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 4327
Location: US

PLEASE BECAREFUL OF ARMYTEK

I’ve been one of their biggest fans in the past and often posted about them. I bought about 40 Armytek lights mostly used for testing purposes. Recently I ordered the Barracuda Pro from them and they shipped me the Barracuda Non-Pro. Because they looked identical, I didn’t know I had the regular. I ran the test and found the output to be far below spec so I emailed them to report the defect hoping for an RMA.

I was speaking with Olivia Brown. In the beginning when they knew I bought so many of their lights, she said, You’re our VIP-client and I’m your personal manager! Once I reported problems, I get no replies from this “personal manager”. They ignored me for over 2 months after repeated emails. Then I mentioned I just found out the one Armytek sent me is the regular and not the Pro version and she finally answered and said I have the light for over 2 months so they’re not going to send me the Pro version I ordered.

WTF, Armytek. This is how you treat one of your best customers? I’m never going to buy another Armytek light and I warn anyone who intends to buy their light, if you have problems, ARMYTEK WILL IGNORE YOU.

Rusty Joe
Rusty Joe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 07/24/2011 - 00:22
Posts: 3424
Location: Houston, TX

SKV89 wrote:
PLEASE BECAREFUL OF ARMYTEK

I’ve been one of their biggest fans in the past and often posted about them. I bought about 40 Armytek lights mostly used for testing purposes. Recently I ordered the Barracuda Pro from them and they shipped me the Barracuda Non-Pro. Because they looked identical, I didn’t know I had the regular. I ran the test and found the output to be far below spec so I emailed them to report the defect hoping for an RMA.

I was speaking with Olivia Brown. In the beginning when they knew I bought so many of their lights, she said, You’re our VIP-client and I’m your personal manager! Once I reported problems, I get no replies from this “personal manager”. They ignored me for over 2 months after repeated emails. Then I mentioned I just found out the one Armytek sent me is the regular and not the Pro version and she finally answered and said I have the light for over 2 months so they’re not going to send me the Pro version I ordered.

WTF, Armytek. This is how you treat one of your best customers? I’m never going to buy another Armytek light and I warn anyone who intends to buy their light, if you have problems, ARMYTEK WILL IGNORE YOU.

Send this to the Armytek rep on here. If enough of us make a stink about it, they should do something. That really sucks.

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 4327
Location: US

Thanks. I’m not even mad because of being cheated one light but I’m pissed at the principle. After being a loyal fan supporting them, this is how they treat me back. If they can do that to me, they will definitely do that to their non “VIP-clients”.

Rusty Joe
Rusty Joe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 07/24/2011 - 00:22
Posts: 3424
Location: Houston, TX
SKV89 wrote:
Thanks. I’m not even mad because of being cheated one light but I’m pissed at the principle. After being a loyal fan supporting them, this is how they treat me back. If they can do that to me, they will definitely do that to their non “VIP-clients”.

So many things can get in the way of a transaction…absences, language barriers…I doubt it’s malice, just mismanagement. That’s what life has taught me. And there are two sides to every story. But damn, I feel for you. That tremendously sucks.

puglife2
puglife2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 5 hours ago
Joined: 10/07/2017 - 17:56
Posts: 320

SKV89 wrote:
PLEASE BECAREFUL OF ARMYTEK

I’ve been one of their biggest fans in the past and often posted about them. I bought about 40 Armytek lights mostly used for testing purposes. Recently I ordered the Barracuda Pro from them and they shipped me the Barracuda Non-Pro. Because they looked identical, I didn’t know I had the regular. I ran the test and found the output to be far below spec so I emailed them to report the defect hoping for an RMA.

I was speaking with Olivia Brown. In the beginning when they knew I bought so many of their lights, she said, You’re our VIP-client and I’m your personal manager! Once I reported problems, I get no replies from this “personal manager”. They ignored me for over 2 months after repeated emails. Then I mentioned I just found out the one Armytek sent me is the regular and not the Pro version and she finally answered and said I have the light for over 2 months so they’re not going to send me the Pro version I ordered.

WTF, Armytek. This is how you treat one of your best customers? I’m never going to buy another Armytek light and I warn anyone who intends to buy their light, if you have problems, ARMYTEK WILL IGNORE YOU.

yea the CS suxxxx but until now they make the best headlamp with the nicest tint so I don’t really care Big Smile

Ryzbor
Ryzbor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 01/21/2018 - 10:52
Posts: 374
Location: Poland

puglife2 wrote:

yea the CS suxxxx but until now they make the best headlamp with the nicest tint so I don’t really care Big Smile

And speculate with their prices… Wizard Pro price in Poland was recently changed from 60$ to 90$ because why not.

virence.com Nichia E21A sw30+sw40 Wizard Pro ; Skilhunt H03 XP-E2 660nm ; Wizard Pro E21A 2000K ; S2+ E21A sw40 d220 ; Sofrin C01R 660nm, Mf01 Mini Nichia 219B sw35+sw40

Oli
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 08/03/2018 - 21:03
Posts: 361
Location: United States

SKV89 wrote:
PLEASE BECAREFUL OF ARMYTEK

I’ve been one of their biggest fans in the past and often posted about them. I bought about 40 Armytek lights mostly used for testing purposes. Recently I ordered the Barracuda Pro from them and they shipped me the Barracuda Non-Pro. Because they looked identical, I didn’t know I had the regular. I ran the test and found the output to be far below spec so I emailed them to report the defect hoping for an RMA.

I was speaking with Olivia Brown. In the beginning when they knew I bought so many of their lights, she said, You’re our VIP-client and I’m your personal manager! Once I reported problems, I get no replies from this “personal manager”. They ignored me for over 2 months after repeated emails. Then I mentioned I just found out the one Armytek sent me is the regular and not the Pro version and she finally answered and said I have the light for over 2 months so they’re not going to send me the Pro version I ordered.

WTF, Armytek. This is how you treat one of your best customers? I’m never going to buy another Armytek light and I warn anyone who intends to buy their light, if you have problems, ARMYTEK WILL IGNORE YOU.

This is not good. Just for the heck of it I looked at their website and the store website and they show that pro in Warm White as out of stock on both places. I wonder if it’s possible that’s related to the response. If you paid up for the pro then their response is totally unacceptable.
SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 4327
Location: US

Yea I’m guessing they didn’t have stock of the Pro WW so they just decided to send me the Regular WW and hope I wouldn’t notice, which I didn’t originally because they look identical. Luckily someone in this thread told me the Pro has two turbo modes but mine had one so that’s how I realized Armytek sent me the Regular instead of the Pro. I can’t believe they’re not willing to fix this for me.

casi29061965
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 9 hours ago
Joined: 06/27/2016 - 09:50
Posts: 664
Location: Germany

Yes, you can choose Turbo 1 or Turbo 2 at Pro Version only. But you can identify the pro Version very easily. Pro has XHP35 Hi instead of XP-L Hi LED, and you can use it with one or two 18650 because the battery tube has two parts only at pro Version. Last but not least they add a small “pro” at the head…

Armytek
Armytek's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 14 hours ago
Joined: 05/23/2013 - 03:36
Posts: 406
Location: Canada

Happy Birthday, Armytek!

For 11 years we’ve been creating a bright history of quality light with you, our unique customers.

Every year buyers from more than 70 countries choose Armytek products for professional use and hobbies.

The circle of Armytek friends is growing — and this is the best gift for us.

We want to thank you for your trust and in honor of the holiday we treat you with a cool promotion!

[1 + 1] Twice as much light at the same price!

Only on July 13, buy Wizard Pro or Wizard* multi flashlight and get the second flashlight of the same model as a gift!

Hurry up, the offer is valid for one day, on July 13th.

  • Wizard Pro Nichia and Wizard WR do not participate in the promotion
    LED color of the free flashlight depends on the models available in stock

https://www.armytek.com/

Armytek Optoelectronics Inc.
www.armytek.com

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 4327
Location: US
casi29061965 wrote:
Yes, you can choose Turbo 1 or Turbo 2 at Pro Version only. But you can identify the pro Version very easily. Pro has XHP35 Hi instead of XP-L Hi LED, and you can use it with one or two 18650 because the battery tube has two parts only at pro Version. Last but not least they add a small “pro” at the head…

Both the pro and regular version can be used with 1 or two batteries. Also, the “average” customer would not assume Armytek sent the wrong item. The “average” customer should not be expected to peak into the reflector and tell the difference between a XP-L HI and XHP35 HI.

Only when the customer suspects the seller sent the wrong item would they go looking/researching the minor differences. That’s when someone pointed that out to me did I start investigating the differences and realize I was sent the regular version. Armytek refused to right the wrong. And I’m one of their biggest customers and fan ever. I own several dozen Armytek lights, multiples of each model, and posted test results of almost all of their light models. Imagine a company that would rather save a few bucks than to own up to their mistake to keep a loyal customer that would continue buying their products. Very short sighted and bad PR.

sochi111
sochi111's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 02/21/2017 - 14:59
Posts: 333
SKV89 wrote:
casi29061965 wrote:
Yes, you can choose Turbo 1 or Turbo 2 at Pro Version only. But you can identify the pro Version very easily. Pro has XHP35 Hi instead of XP-L Hi LED, and you can use it with one or two 18650 because the battery tube has two parts only at pro Version. Last but not least they add a small “pro” at the head…

Both the pro and regular version can be used with 1 or two batteries. Also, the “average” customer would not assume Armytek sent the wrong item. The “average” customer should not be expected to peak into the reflector and tell the difference between a XP-L HI and XHP35 HI.

Only when the customer suspects the seller sent the wrong item would they go looking/researching the minor differences. That’s when someone pointed that out to me did I start investigating the differences and realize I was sent the regular version. Armytek refused to right the wrong. And I’m one of their biggest customers and fan ever. I own several dozen Armytek lights, multiples of each model, and posted test results of almost all of their light models. Imagine a company that would rather save a few bucks than to own up to their mistake to keep a loyal customer that would continue buying their products. Very short sighted and bad PR.

That’s a typical scheme called Bait and Switch and it is a form of fraud.

I wonder if the 1+1 promotion is a bait too, the wording of it is a little off. And on their website the same offer includes an exclusion marked with a ‘*’

buck91
buck91's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 07/29/2016 - 08:21
Posts: 620
Location: Michigan

Received the correct product on the only two orders I ever placed..

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 4327
Location: US

I have many dozens of Armytek lights and ordered many times from them. Only once they sent me the wrong item but they were not willing to take responsibility for their mistake, which is what is worrying and shows low business ethics. Even the much smaller company Enogear/Fireflies sent me replacements when I had issues.

Anthony Nguyenn
Anthony Nguyenn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 06/23/2018 - 09:45
Posts: 125
Location: U.S.A

SKV89 wrote:
I have many dozens of Armytek lights and ordered many times from them. Only once they sent me the wrong item but they were not willing to take responsibility for their mistake, which is what is worrying and shows low business ethics. Even the much smaller company Enogear/Fireflies sent me replacements when I had issues.

Wow. Thank you, Vinh and other people, for speaking up. Otherwise, I would have fell for this trap. I never have an Armytek before but probably will never will. This is what makes this community great.

Lumintop Tool AA 2.0 Nichia + CW| Lumintop Tool AAA | Lumintop EDC 18 6500k| Lumintop EDC 01| Convoy S2+ 7135*8 5000k | Convoy S2 UV Nichia |Massdrop Vega AA NW |BLF A6 NW | Nitecore Tube 2.0 | Sofirn SD 05 | Sofirn 01S 4000k| Klaurus G15 | Klarus HR1 Pro | Thrunite T10T v2 NW| Thrunite T1 Black + OD Green | Thrunite Ti3 CW+ NW| |Rovyvon A3x Nichia | Rovyvon A5x Cree | Rovyvon A23 Nichia | Wuben E19 Nichia | MecArmy SGN 6 | Wowtac BSS V4 | Wowtac W1 | Wowtac H01 | Ultratac A3N Nichia | Wurkkos FC11 |  Wurkkos WK30

Thrunite T2 |

Unheard
Unheard's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 01/16/2019 - 11:38
Posts: 1890
Location: Germany

Strange. I once got shipping refunded just because the shippment was late. In another two cases Armytek made a mistake with discounts and sold lights basically at manufacturing costs or below. Still, they fulfilled the orders. What has happened?

Smile, you cannot kill them all.

LuckySeven
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 05/20/2014 - 21:44
Posts: 53
Location: canada
duquettegabriel wrote:
35$ USD to ship a 50$ CAD flashlight to Canada. From a supposedly canadian company. Nice try. (as of now, 35$ usd = 50$ cad)

And I don’t think they even have an official Canadian retailer or distributor that can ship directly from Canada

John75
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/11/2020 - 08:05
Posts: 65

Hi, please check this link http://budgetlightforum.com/node/73952

This is what I received from Armytek China :

Mine looks like the XHP50 4000k:

I ordered the Nichia version not something that obviously looks like a Warm XHP50. I sent you an email, but didn’t get any answer yet.

toddcshoe
toddcshoe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 01/24/2018 - 23:49
Posts: 2559
Location: Foley, MO

Those 144’s aren’t as rosy as the 219b’s. That is pretty much what the only light I have in 144 looks like. I don’t like it either. It’s not an Armytek though. If you are use to those rosy 219b’s then nothing will really replace that. I like the 219c’s better but, that’s just a preference thing of course.

Got lots of Armytek lights. Never had a problem with shipping, the product or customer service. I get a phone call from them probably once every few months offering me a discount code. Very nice lady thanking me for my business. Never had any other flashlight company call me, not that I was really expecting one.

Hope they get your problems resolved for you.

"Everywhere I go, there I am"

John75
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/11/2020 - 08:05
Posts: 65

I did not order the Wizard Nichia to get a 219b pinkish tint replica. I ordered it because of customers reviews showing a good 4500k tint which isn’t greenish at all.

Quote:
Those 144’s aren’t as rosy as the 219b’s.

To be “not as rosy as”, and to be “obviously greenish”, is totally different thing. I just want them to exchange it. My 219C 90CRI looks like a 219b compared to that Wizard Nichia. It doesn’t make sense. Even Hank said his batch of 219C 5000K 80CRI has a better tint (less greenish than the 219C 5000K 90CRI… ) So, if my 219C 90CRI looks even better than this Armytek, there is something wrong.

Or the new batch has a downgraded bin R8000 (80CRI) or they really drop a XHP50 neutral instead…

Unheard
Unheard's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 01/16/2019 - 11:38
Posts: 1890
Location: Germany

John75 wrote:
[…] or they really drop a XHP50 neutral instead…

Take a magnifying glass and look at the microlenses. The XHP50 projects a cross onto each of the lenses.

XHP50 Wiz

XP-L Tiara

Smile, you cannot kill them all.

Pavlo
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 12/13/2015 - 10:37
Posts: 930
Location: Canada

This is a great way to check. On my Nichia,in moonlight mode, the cross is visible on the microlenses, but much more faint, and cross looks yellow as opposed to black in the xhp50 photo above. Problem is that photo above is first gen xhp50. If Armytek started using second gen xhp50, it will look similar to the Nichia but it’s a good starting point.

My wizard looks noticeably less green than my Nichia 219c….

Unheard
Unheard's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 01/16/2019 - 11:38
Posts: 1890
Location: Germany

Of course, I forgot the Nichia is actually a 2 by 2 matrix. Good they still can be differentiated. Thanks Pavlo!

The 50.2 was used before in 3V. They made a silent update the the 6V XHP50. Also didn’t know there’s a new LED again.

Smile, you cannot kill them all.

Pages