Lumintop SD10 1D cell flashlight

115 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pulsar
Pulsar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 1 day ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 00:41
Posts: 5848
Location: Maine

if you really think about it... with typical use, i rarely use over 400l. thats just me. typically i use low/med. only my large lights see regular hi/turbo use. my ea4w is still on the original energizer lithium cells, last time i checked it was still at 6v

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Online
Last seen: 22 sec ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 7179
Location: The Light
leaftye wrote:

It’s funny that we’re disappointed about the output of a light that still probably puts out over 500 lumens.  That says a lot about how far lights have come.

The EA4 really was a game changer. I never cease to be amazed when I turn it on in turbo mode and see it matching or beating a lot of Li-Ion lights despite using only 4 run of the mill NiMH or alkalines.

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

leaftye
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 07/25/2012 - 17:43
Posts: 4278
Location: San Diego, CA

Pulsar wrote:

if you really think about it... with typical use, i rarely use over 400l. thats just me. typically i use low/med. only my large lights see regular hi/turbo use. my ea4w is still on the original energizer lithium cells, last time i checked it was still at 6v

 

I use low much more than 300+ lumens.  The low on the LD10 makes this a far more useful light to me than the EA4.  The LD10 would be my next light, but jmac said the TR-S700 has a moonlight mode.  

 

I'm so happy that we have a flashlight with a good low and a wide assortment of battery choices and another super mega light that also has a moonlight.  The chinese are starting to get it really right.

The low mode should be lower.

Pulsar
Pulsar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 1 day ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 00:41
Posts: 5848
Location: Maine

yes, a flashlight that will use 6 different cells with 4+ chemistries is a blessing (nimh, alkaline, lifepo, Li-ion...... list goes on) 

 

but personally, i will hold off on the tr-s700. it looks like a great light,  but i have learned there is a huge difference from a "mac approved" to a "foy approved" light 

Haterade
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 3 months ago
Joined: 09/05/2012 - 20:36
Posts: 1561
Location: District of Corruption

The TR-S700 is cool, but kinda apples n oranges with the SD10. Very different designs… multi-emitter vs single, multi-cell vs single, etc… It is very good to see cell versatility of new lights improving.

The output on the SD10 seems to be perfectly acceptable according to reports so far.

I like copper

Boro
Offline
Last seen: 45 min 32 sec ago
Joined: 02/03/2012 - 15:52
Posts: 740
leaftye wrote:

It’s funny that we’re disappointed about the output of a light that still probably puts out over 500 lumens.  That says a lot about how far lights have come.

Very true. It is really a sweet light. Good modes, nice hot spot and beam, and versatility. I’ll bet everyone who receives this light will be very pleased. On NiMH it is outstanding. Side note; D40 carrier will not work/fit in the LD10.

Ian2381
Ian2381's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 06/11/2011 - 00:50
Posts: 643
Location: Philippines

Just got this light and tested my 4xAA battery carrier i think i bougt from fasttech, it fit barely with 4x eneloop AAs. It worked but afraid i might burn the driver, anyone know the rated max voltage this light could take?
Thanks

StyXSIS
StyXSIS's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 9 months ago
Joined: 07/01/2013 - 01:01
Posts: 209
Location: Manchester UK

@ Ian2381,
The SD10 has a max voltage of 4.2v, using 3 AA batts in a carrier gives 4.32v at 1.44v (of my charger). You’ll lose that 0.12 (and more) of a volt when it’s turned on so the extra 0.12v making 4.32v total from 3 AAs is inconsequential. Using a 4 AA carrier will burn the FL right out if your going to keep using it like that.

Simon

Pok
Pok's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 9 months ago
Joined: 03/26/2011 - 15:23
Posts: 928
Location: Thailand

bigC @ cpf
With L91 It is 5.4V input and 1.5A at the tailcap, 230mA, & .023MA. Peak lux 17,250 at 1M. 8.1Watts
With Tenergy NiMH AA its 4.32V input and 1.65A at tailcap, 235mA, .019mA. Peak lux 16,825 at 1M. 7.12Watts
With Tenergy NiMH D it’s 1.43V input and 2.2A at tailcap, .370mA, .016mA. Peak lux 5,225 at 1M. 3.14Watts.

————-

I have 4xAA battery carrier too but not test yet.

Ian2381
Ian2381's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 06/11/2011 - 00:50
Posts: 643
Location: Philippines
StyXSIS wrote:
@ Ian2381, The SD10 has a max voltage of 4.2v, using 3 AA batts in a carrier gives 4.32v at 1.44v (of my charger). You’ll lose that 0.12 (and more) of a volt when it’s turned on so the extra 0.12v making 4.32v total from 3 AAs is inconsequential. Using a 4 AA carrier will burn the FL right out if your going to keep using it like that.

Thanks a lot for the warning.
I just tested it on few seconds on each modes and it seems to be brighter on every mode compared to 3xAA, will not try it again as i cant aford to kill this light. Got this as been looking for a 1xD light for a while now and runtime seems great.

spaceboy
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 2 months ago
Joined: 05/12/2011 - 16:16
Posts: 438
Location: Edinburgh
Ian2381 wrote:
Just got this light and tested my 4xAA battery carrier i think i bougt from fasttech, it fit barely with 4x eneloop AAs. It worked but afraid i might burn the driver, anyone know the rated max voltage this light could take? Thanks

I cannot see this on Fasttech at all.

Ian2381
Ian2381's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 06/11/2011 - 00:50
Posts: 643
Location: Philippines
spaceboy wrote:
Ian2381 wrote:
Just got this light and tested my 4xAA battery carrier i think i bougt from fasttech, it fit barely with 4x eneloop AAs. It worked but afraid i might burn the driver, anyone know the rated max voltage this light could take? Thanks

I cannot see this on Fasttech at all.

4xAA

spaceboy
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 2 months ago
Joined: 05/12/2011 - 16:16
Posts: 438
Location: Edinburgh

Thanks. I’d like a 1S4P version. Or a 1S3P

CarpentryHero
CarpentryHero's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 hour ago
Joined: 06/06/2012 - 14:31
Posts: 1538
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada

sb56637 wrote:
jmpaul320 wrote:
i got mine

very good output on 3x eneloops, im guessing around 500 lumen otf

Nice! By any chance do you have a Nitecore EA4 or a SWM D40A to compare it with?


Mine arrived yesterday Smile
A size comparison with the D40a
http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j389/carpentrygod/?action=view&curre...

Finally a 1d light. Modes are well spaced, pwm is very high frequency. All in all I really like it, the UI is pretty good too.
My only dislike is there feels like there’s too much rubber in the switch, I feel ridges from the profile when I push the button

I’m glad I’m not the only flashlight collector out there, I was beginning to think I was strange.
My name is Kendall and I’m a Flashaholic from western Canada

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Online
Last seen: 22 sec ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 7179
Location: The Light

CarpentryHero wrote:
sb56637 wrote:
jmpaul320 wrote:
i got mine

very good output on 3x eneloops, im guessing around 500 lumen otf

Nice! By any chance do you have a Nitecore EA4 or a SWM D40A to compare it with?


Mine arrived yesterday Smile
A size comparison with the D40a
http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j389/carpentrygod/?action=view&curre...

Finally a 1d light. Modes are well spaced, pwm is very high frequency. All in all I really like it, the UI is pretty good too.
My only dislike is there feels like there’s too much rubber in the switch, I feel ridges from the profile when I push the button

Nice! I have to say, that is a mighty handsome light, possibly even better looking than the D40A. And I say that despite having just today received a beautiful D40A in the mail.

So, how’s the brightness on AA compared to the D40A, to your eyes?

My SD10 should be here early next week, expect a full review/comparison soon.

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

CarpentryHero
CarpentryHero's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 hour ago
Joined: 06/06/2012 - 14:31
Posts: 1538
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada

Ill check it on AA batteries tonight or tomorrow. As far as beam profile the D40 has a much better beam due to the op reflector.
The sd10 has an occasional ring in the beam. I’m running it on a d cell right now

I’m glad I’m not the only flashlight collector out there, I was beginning to think I was strange.
My name is Kendall and I’m a Flashaholic from western Canada

leaftye
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 07/25/2012 - 17:43
Posts: 4278
Location: San Diego, CA

iron potato wrote:
Hmm, I think I can wait for FT to restock Feilong Li-Ion while toying SD10 with two AA to D converter which I have now, or "Feilong LiFePo4":https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10002174/1156700-feilong-32650-32v-5... ?

It's back in stock.

The low mode should be lower.

spaceboy
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 2 months ago
Joined: 05/12/2011 - 16:16
Posts: 438
Location: Edinburgh

What do you guys use to charge 32650? Does one fit in an Xtar SP2?

StyXSIS
StyXSIS's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 9 months ago
Joined: 07/01/2013 - 01:01
Posts: 209
Location: Manchester UK

spaceboy wrote:
What do you guys use to charge 32650? Does one fit in an Xtar SP2?

Hi spaceboy, i was asked that same Q by my brother afew weeks back, but he didn’t have a hobby charger like i have so i looked about and i found
this
Oops nearly forgot, this
is my charger.

Simon

leaftye
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 07/25/2012 - 17:43
Posts: 4278
Location: San Diego, CA

spaceboy wrote:
What do you guys use to charge 32650? Does one fit in an Xtar SP2?

I'll let you know soon.  This charger says it's made for it.  I have the charger, but no 32650...yet.

http://intl-outdoor.com/16340-to-32650-liion-battery-charger-p-306.html

 

 

I think the Trustfire TR-005 will work too. 

The low mode should be lower.

garrybunk
garrybunk's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 10/31/2011 - 09:25
Posts: 6099
Location: Johnstown, PA

leaftye wrote:

spaceboy wrote:
What do you guys use to charge 32650? Does one fit in an Xtar SP2?

I'll let you know soon.  This charger says it's made for it.  I have the charger, but no 32650...yet.

http://intl-outdoor.com/16340-to-32650-liion-battery-charger-p-306.html

 

That charger only charges at 500mA!  That would take forever to charge a good 32650 (or even 26650)!  The TR-005 sounds like the best choice at 1.5A charge rate, but I don't know that 32650 cells would fit.  Does someone have one to test fit a "D" cell in (just see if it fits with the charger unplugged, don't try charging it!)? 

-Garry

My Bike Lights Thread, Optics (TIR) Comparison Beamshots, Diffusion Techniques

, MTBR’s Lights & Night Riding Forum
NOTE: Now hosting my photos from my Google account. Post up if you can’t see them. Older photos hosted on Photobucket or Flickr may disappear (PM me if you want access to them).
leaftye
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 07/25/2012 - 17:43
Posts: 4278
Location: San Diego, CA

Just tried it.  A D does not fit the TR-005. Sad

The low mode should be lower.

jmpaul320
jmpaul320's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 05/22/2012 - 09:06
Posts: 4190
Location: CT

Would you mind keeping the wrong flashlight?
Best wish, May
Tmart service team

 

Soumil wrote:

PLEASE HELP ME GEARBEsT! IM LITERALLY CRYING!

 

Boro
Offline
Last seen: 45 min 32 sec ago
Joined: 02/03/2012 - 15:52
Posts: 740

WF-188 Ultrafire works

Pages