At this point, is it worth it? Lightmalls OEM Trustfire X6 clone

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
TheGloriousTachikoma
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 2 months ago
Joined: 08/22/2013 - 09:23
Posts: 946
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
At this point, is it worth it? Lightmalls OEM Trustfire X6 clone

My father bought me for my birthday a light I’d voiced desire for.

http://www.lightmalls.com/oem-no-logo-trustfire-x6-sst-90-2200-lumen-5-m...

After he paid the money, we discovered how poor a reputation Lightmalls had. So, three weeks and no shipment. In the 4th week the status updated to shipped. A week later, the light arrived.

What arrived was not what was ordered. The color is slightly different. The driver draws an amp less than what the standard Trustfire is supposed to draw, let alone the advertised and ostensibly (based on Relic38’s review of the Ultrafire T90) 7 amps. The wires to the emitter are 22ga. Most egregious was the sole reason this light was bought from this particular vendor.

No 26650 Support

This isn’t the typical lower-draw driver. This isn’t the plastic-reflector substitution (this one is aluminum). This is an entirely different product altogether.

But knowing Lightmalls…is this even worth filing a PP dispute/starting a ticket? Does my father have a hope of seeing his money before the end of the year? [if anything he’s the one upset over this] Or should I just trade my 26650’s, bought specifically for this light, for some Panny NCR18650PD’s (and buy a couple extra to have two sets)? I paid for a MT-G2 from Intl-O this morning and on 5 amps it will still be a ruddy-effing monster.

I like the way the light looks and feels but honestly if it’s going to be limited to 18650’s I’d rather have a genuine marked-and-stickered Trustfire X6, or even a X7.

Edited by: TheGloriousTachikoma on 10/21/2013 - 22:32
Flomotion
Flomotion's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 12/02/2012 - 15:13
Posts: 1402
Location: Pacific Northwest

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/TrustFire-X6-SST-90-5-Mode-2300-Lumen-Memory-LED-Flashlight-with-Batteries-Set-torch/609710_641831178.html

And Here:

http://wallbuys.com/Product/UltraFire-T90-CREE-2300LM-5-Mode-Waterproof-LED-Flashlight-Black3×-18650-or-3×-26650—6643

Flomotion

TheGloriousTachikoma
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 2 months ago
Joined: 08/22/2013 - 09:23
Posts: 946
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Thank you for the links. Smile

Check the stock photos of the first one. That light does not have a tube big enough for 26650’s. And the reason I wanted this one was because its color was close to the original Trustfire. The average torch collection here has too many black lights already.

Flomotion
Flomotion's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 12/02/2012 - 15:13
Posts: 1402
Location: Pacific Northwest

Check the stock photos of the first one. That light does not have a tube big enough for 26650’s.

Scroll down:

TrustFire X6 SST-90 5-Mode 2300-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight by 3*18650 / *3*26650 Batteries Set torch *

5.Appearance treatment:CNC machining military grade aluminum alloy shell, Unique design, wear and corrosion, feel good, non-slip; mil-spec Type lll Hard Anodized treatment; Color:Metallic brown

Flomotion

TheGloriousTachikoma
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 2 months ago
Joined: 08/22/2013 - 09:23
Posts: 946
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Flomotion wrote:
Check the stock photos of the first one. That light does not have a tube big enough for 26650’s.

Scroll down:

TrustFire X6 SST-90 5-Mode 2300-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight by 3*18650 / *3*26650 Batteries Set torch *

5.Appearance treatment:CNC machining military grade aluminum alloy shell, Unique design, wear and corrosion, feel good, non-slip; mil-spec Type lll Hard Anodized treatment; Color:Metallic brown

I saw that. But the photos they use are not of a light that may accept 26650 batteries. I’m not buying any product who’s list of major features does not match what is clearly visible in the photos.

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 7471
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight

File it anyways, what do you have to lose at this point?
They are likely used to people filing and may have a procedure in handling claims, you may get an automatic refund for all we know

I am convinced these chinese websites know they are selling substandard merchandise so thats why they don’t bat an eyelash when you call them on it

The Journal of Alternative Facts TM

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of alternative facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists"

 

18sixfifty
18sixfifty's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/25/2012 - 20:19
Posts: 4161

They sell two of the X6’s the older one is more expensive and takes the 18650 only. It’s arguably higher quality than the T90 but I don’t know what driver they have in it and they get some goofy drivers at lightmalls. Up until a short while ago they only had the 18650 one.

http://www.lightmalls.com/trustfire-x6-sst-90-5-mode-2300-lumen-memory-l...

This light was one of the first SST-90’s with the huge reflector. It’s a good light but obviously not what you ordered.

Their customer service is a pain to deal with but this is my advice for what it’s worth. Contact them and tell them what happened demand a full refund including shipping costs. Take pics etc so you can prove they sent the wrong light. If they do not agree right off the bat then file a paypal claim. They will contact you again asking you to end the claim, they hate paypal claims. At that point it’s up to you what to do. You might simply want a partial refund or a store credit. I have taken store credits from them twice now and was kinda half happy with it in the end.

If you are planning on modding it to run with a XM-L2, which I would suggest. You could hit them up for a partial refund, try and get enough to buy some batteries and a couple emitters.

I’m a junky, I mod lights so I can sell lights so I can buy more light to mod so I can sell lights to buy more lights to mod.

Flomotion
Flomotion's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 12/02/2012 - 15:13
Posts: 1402
Location: Pacific Northwest

Relic38 and I both got the T90 at the same time, from the same place:

http://wallbuys.com/Product/UltraFire-T90-CREE-2300LM-5-Mode-Waterproof-LED-Flashlight-Black3×-18650-or-3×-26650—6643

P.S. It is a Very Cool Gun Metal Grey …

Flomotion

18sixfifty
18sixfifty's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/25/2012 - 20:19
Posts: 4161

Flomotion wrote:
Relic38 and I both got the T90 at the same time, from the same place:

http://wallbuys.com/Product/UltraFire-T90-CREE-2300LM-5-Mode-Waterproof-LED-Flashlight-Black3×-18650-or-3×-26650—6643

Yep I got the same one. It’s a powerful light but it is a little goofy too. Read Relics review on it and you will see what I mean. Great light for modding though and I’ll probably buy another one soon enough.

I’m a junky, I mod lights so I can sell lights so I can buy more light to mod so I can sell lights to buy more lights to mod.

TheGloriousTachikoma
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 2 months ago
Joined: 08/22/2013 - 09:23
Posts: 946
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

18sixfifty wrote:

Their customer service is a pain to deal with but this is my advice for what it’s worth. Contact them and tell them what happened demand a full refund including shipping costs. Take pics etc so you can prove they sent the wrong light. If they do not agree right off the bat then file a paypal claim. They will contact you again asking you to end the claim, they hate paypal claims. At that point it’s up to you what to do. You might simply want a partial refund or a store credit. I have taken store credits from them twice now and was kinda half happy with it in the end.

If you are planning on modding it to run with a XM-L2, which I would suggest. You could hit them up for a partial refund, try and get enough to buy some batteries and a couple emitters.

After this I will buy 3-AAA lights from Walmart before I buy from Lightmalls again. I’ll ask them for a full refund, if they offer partial in cash then I’ll spend it on NCR18650PD’s.

What kind of window should we give Lightmalls before filing the PP claim?

18sixfifty
18sixfifty's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/25/2012 - 20:19
Posts: 4161

TheGloriousTachikoma wrote:
18sixfifty wrote:

Their customer service is a pain to deal with but this is my advice for what it’s worth. Contact them and tell them what happened demand a full refund including shipping costs. Take pics etc so you can prove they sent the wrong light. If they do not agree right off the bat then file a paypal claim. They will contact you again asking you to end the claim, they hate paypal claims. At that point it’s up to you what to do. You might simply want a partial refund or a store credit. I have taken store credits from them twice now and was kinda half happy with it in the end.

If you are planning on modding it to run with a XM-L2, which I would suggest. You could hit them up for a partial refund, try and get enough to buy some batteries and a couple emitters.

After this I will buy 3-AAA lights from Walmart before I buy from Lightmalls again. I’ll ask them for a full refund, if they offer partial in cash then I’ll spend it on NCR18650PD’s.

What kind of window should we give Lightmalls before filing the PP claim?

I would send them the request tonight and if they don’t reply by morning file the claim. That will get their attention fast. Don’t even think twice about playing hardball with them, they expect it. Trust me I know. I have gone back and forth with them enough.

OH and it doesn’t even hurt their feelings. When you are done going back and forth they will say how sorry they are and hope you will do business with them soon.

I’m a junky, I mod lights so I can sell lights so I can buy more light to mod so I can sell lights to buy more lights to mod.

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 12 hours ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6334
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

I still have my almost 2 years old TF X6 and it works great. ( only 18650 compatable though, its the smaller tube like the one your refering to.

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

Gmcquire
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 02/22/2021 - 19:11
Posts: 5
Location: Ontario, Canada

STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU SHOP ELSEWHERE!!!
MISLEADING ADVERTISING, ARROGANT AND RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
ALL OVER $5 WORTH OF BATTERIES!!!

I ordered 2 Boruit headlamps from lightmalls.ca on 1/5/21

With a website that ends with “.ca” one would think it was a Canadian site, not so.( They are now lightmalls.com, they dropped their “.ca” website)
Only after ordering was it revealed they were being shipped from Shenzhen, Guangdong province China That, was misdirection #1
Package finally arrived 1 month later on 2/5/21

Both packages had crushed corners, so i carefully opened and discovered no damage to product However, this is where the trouble started 1 of the headlamps arrived without batteries, so i rechecked the ad. It stated “2*18650 battery”. According to their customer service, this means it TAKES 2*18650 batteries and those DO NOT come with the purchase.BTW these are 3.7v rechargeable batteries… Not something readily available in Canada When questioned regarding their “misleading” advertising their customer service rep claimed i threatened them ( which i did not, i Only stated that my reviews of their business would reflect the transaction appropriately), they had “ dealt with people like you” before and did not “accept” my threats Several emails later it was agreed they would send me 2 batteries, however, it was Chinese New Year and all shipping was closed and they would address this when they came back They “ addressed” it all right The ads now state “Does not include batteries” which was not stated at the time of the transaction I have been told i can order new batteries from their store OR they would ship me batteries with my next order
A wise old man once said to me “ water…is at once, the most yeilding of elements…yet the mightiest of eroding forces” By selling us cheap and inferior products, refusing to stand behind their misleading business practises ( BTW, Paypal has no recourse for Chinese products)… We are slowly having our Canadian standards of business eroded away

Do a quick search for “lightmalls.ca reviews” and see for yourself.
BUY CANADIAN!!
BUY NORTH AMERICAN!!

PURCHASE FROM LIGHTMALLS.COM AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

neo71665
neo71665's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 20 hours ago
Joined: 02/21/2016 - 10:53
Posts: 260
Location: Arkansas

This was from 2013

kramer5150
kramer5150's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 18 hours ago
Joined: 05/19/2010 - 13:43
Posts: 2329
Location: Palo Alto CA

Gmcquire wrote:
STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU SHOP ELSEWHERE!!!
MISLEADING ADVERTISING, ARROGANT AND RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
ALL OVER $5 WORTH OF BATTERIES!!!

I ordered 2 Boruit headlamps from lightmalls.ca on 1/5/21

With a website that ends with “.ca” one would think it was a Canadian site, not so.( They are now lightmalls.com, they dropped their “.ca” website)
Only after ordering was it revealed they were being shipped from Shenzhen, Guangdong province China That, was misdirection #1
Package finally arrived 1 month later on 2/5/21

Both packages had crushed corners, so i carefully opened and discovered no damage to product However, this is where the trouble started 1 of the headlamps arrived without batteries, so i rechecked the ad. It stated “2*18650 battery”. According to their customer service, this means it TAKES 2*18650 batteries and those DO NOT come with the purchase.BTW these are 3.7v rechargeable batteries… Not something readily available in Canada When questioned regarding their “misleading” advertising their customer service rep claimed i threatened them ( which i did not, i Only stated that my reviews of their business would reflect the transaction appropriately), they had “ dealt with people like you” before and did not “accept” my threats Several emails later it was agreed they would send me 2 batteries, however, it was Chinese New Year and all shipping was closed and they would address this when they came back They “ addressed” it all right The ads now state “Does not include batteries” which was not stated at the time of the transaction I have been told i can order new batteries from their store OR they would ship me batteries with my next order
A wise old man once said to me “ water…is at once, the most yeilding of elements…yet the mightiest of eroding forces” By selling us cheap and inferior products, refusing to stand behind their misleading business practises ( BTW, Paypal has no recourse for Chinese products)… We are slowly having our Canadian standards of business eroded away

Do a quick search for “lightmalls.ca reviews” and see for yourself.
BUY CANADIAN!!
BUY NORTH AMERICAN!!

PURCHASE FROM LIGHTMALLS.COM AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

OK thats enough!! we get it… you had a bad experience. You dont need to thread-bump every ancient thread that has lightmalls in it.
IMHO You should try the other forum for rants like this, you’ll have a more receptive audience there than here, unless they are a forum sponsor.

FWIW, I bought a trustfire TRJ12 from them once a long time ago and everything went fine. I still use the light every once in a while too.

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 41 sec ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 15551
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

By the way, when someone posts something very similar in over three threads, I consider it spam and mark it as spam.

And I consider that especially true for lengthy and annoying rants.

Ger34
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 02/25/2021 - 17:56
Posts: 1

Lol… Someone was pi$$‘d lightmalls.. Not saying i agree with Gmc, however, my experience with customer service from certain “ahem” eastern countries has been less than pleasureable Poll:

IYHO…will we ever “wisen up” and stop buying the cheap stuff that lasts a year and ends up in landfill?

My .02c