16/$22 Fujitsu (eneloop pro) AAA on eBay. Authentic?

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
yclongthrow
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 hours ago
Joined: 08/20/2011 - 14:21
Posts: 373
Location: USA
16/$22 Fujitsu (eneloop pro) AAA on eBay. Authentic?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Fujitsu-Japan-HR-4UTHCEX-16-Pack-AAA-High-Capacity-NiMH-Pre-Charged-Rechargeable-/222004609556?hash=item33b0818214%3Ag%3AhwYAAOSw5dNWpObm&_trkparms=pageci%253A3b3935df-a9ad-11e6-bea9-74dbd1800466%257Cparentrq%253A5e157f1c1580a357d64ed5a8fffb11ba%257Ciid%253A4

Here is the link.
Any way to tell if these are the real deal?
Quite a good price.

Edited by: yclongthrow on 11/13/2016 - 09:30
2 DOGS
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 10/06/2011 - 13:08
Posts: 310
Location: Grays Harbor, WA

I bought the 4 AA + 4 AAA Fujitsu Pro for $22 from that seller last summer, they look authentic to me,
I notice the manufacture date is 06/2015, I don’t know if that makes any difference to you.

yclongthrow
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 hours ago
Joined: 08/20/2011 - 14:21
Posts: 373
Location: USA
2 DOGS wrote:
I bought the 4 AA + 4 AAA Fujitsu Pro for $22 from that seller last summer, they look authentic to me, I notice the manufacture date is 06/2015, I don’t know if that makes any difference to you.

I don’t care as long as it doesn’t affect performance. Will it?

2 DOGS
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 10/06/2011 - 13:08
Posts: 310
Location: Grays Harbor, WA
yclongthrow wrote:
2 DOGS wrote:
I bought the 4 AA + 4 AAA Fujitsu Pro for $22 from that seller last summer, they look authentic to me, I notice the manufacture date is 06/2015, I don’t know if that makes any difference to you.

I don’t care as long as it doesn’t affect performance. Will it?

I don’t think it makes much difference, mine have the same date.
I did wonder if that was why they were on sale; Question

StandardBattery
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 9 months ago
Joined: 11/02/2016 - 08:51
Posts: 168
Location: MA, USA

Looks like a good deal. I’ve bought eneloop from them before and they were good and even with a very recent date. I think they are a good seller you can trust. I may stock up on some more myself.

yclongthrow
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 hours ago
Joined: 08/20/2011 - 14:21
Posts: 373
Location: USA

I got them and used them in a cheap 3x AAA headlamp to do a run time test. Two came out at 1.27 volts but one is at .11v and will not charge. What does this mean lol? Fake? Headlamp caused?
Thanks

SpaceCowboy
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 12/30/2011 - 16:41
Posts: 244
Location: Florida

With very active Chinese fake cells “industry”, you never know what you going to get.

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 3748
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

Just buy the Ikea cells they are the same.

Jerommel
Jerommel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 01/04/2014 - 13:18
Posts: 6380
Location: the Hague, Netherlands

…or get the “Enelong” batteries from FT.

Leif
Leif's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 08/03/2015 - 13:52
Posts: 421
Location: East Hampshire, UK
Jerommel wrote:
…or get the “Enelong” batteries from FT.

Does that mean my Eneloops are fake Enelongs?

This forum may contain nuts.
No animals were harmed in the creation of this post.
Be nice to people. It annoys them no end.

Jerommel
Jerommel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 01/04/2014 - 13:18
Posts: 6380
Location: the Hague, Netherlands
Leif wrote:
Jerommel wrote:
…or get the “Enelong” batteries from FT.

Does that mean my Eneloops are fake Enelongs?

Obviously Chinese Enelong use this funny name to compete against Eneloop, but they’re very good NiMH’s none the less, and much cheaper.
So if you’re not sure about cheap Eneloop branded batteries, better get those Enelongs i.m.o.
ChibiM
ChibiM's picture
Online
Last seen: 13 min 24 sec ago
Joined: 05/09/2011 - 10:25
Posts: 6730
Location: Holland

Enelongs? I havent seen any ( long term) tests of these batteries, but i just saw them for about $8 for 4 batteries. I believe eneloops have a history of great succes and can serve you for many years. Eneloops all the way. Investing in good quality batteries will be better imho. Its only a few extra $ and you dont have to worry about losing capacity over time, and when used together from day 1 they track very well together regarding capacity. Not sure about enelongs. But save yourself some headaches and get eneloops/fujitsu/ FDK batteries.

Jerommel
Jerommel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 01/04/2014 - 13:18
Posts: 6380
Location: the Hague, Netherlands

ChibiM wrote:
Enelongs? I havent seen any ( long term) tests of these batteries, but i just saw them for about $8 for 4 batteries. I believe eneloops have a history of great succes and can serve you for many years. Eneloops all the way. Investing in good quality batteries will be better imho. Its only a few extra $ and you dont have to worry about losing capacity over time, and when used together from day 1 they track very well together regarding capacity. Not sure about enelongs. But save yourself some headaches and get eneloops/fujitsu/ FDK batteries.

Hmmm…
You may remember me buying 2× 4-pack black Eneloop PRO AAA from you in 2014, which were very expensive.
6 have died in 3 “Siemens giga set” phones in a short while. Weird huh?
They now have Topcraft (Aldi) AAA NiMH in them which apparently do survive, are very cheap (but hardly ever available) and capacity is not bad at all.
So even though Eneloop may be very good, it’s somehow not always the best choice.
(so it seems)
ChibiM
ChibiM's picture
Online
Last seen: 13 min 24 sec ago
Joined: 05/09/2011 - 10:25
Posts: 6730
Location: Holland

Hi,
No, i cant recall that. But Pro batteries are probably not the right choice for phones that stand on a charging cradle most of the time. Better get eneloop Lite or normal eneloops for that. What charger did you use to (try to ) revive them? Totally dead is not something eneloops are famous for Wink

Jerommel
Jerommel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 01/04/2014 - 13:18
Posts: 6380
Location: the Hague, Netherlands

ChibiM wrote:
Hi,
No, i cant recall that. But Pro batteries are probably not the right choice for phones that stand on a charging cradle most of the time. Better get eneloop Lite or normal eneloops for that. What charger did you use to (try to ) revive them? Totally dead is not something eneloops are famous for Wink

Tried to revive them in a intellicharger i2.
It seemed to work, but they didn’t keep their charge anymore.
I guess the phones continuously overcharged them, they were quite warm in there…
I don’t blame the Eneloops, but the cheaper batteries seem to survive though.
Trevi_lux
Trevi_lux's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 4 months ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 10:52
Posts: 2296
Location: Spain

I prefer spend a little more money and only bought Eneloop and Fujitsu. Of course for a phone (continuos charging) the option recomended are the Lite eneloops.
4 years: all eneloop and Panasonic eneloop are ok. some of my varta, Tronic, Lidl and other are died…

aL1
aL1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 06/04/2012 - 21:14
Posts: 313
Location: New England

$19.99 + Free Shipping as of December 10, 2016, 10:55 EST (US)

Fujitsu 48AA/36AAA Premium Alkaline Battery COMBO shrink pack

ChibiM
ChibiM's picture
Online
Last seen: 13 min 24 sec ago
Joined: 05/09/2011 - 10:25
Posts: 6730
Location: Holland

aL1 wrote:

$19.99 + Free Shipping as of December 10, 2016, 10:55 EST (US)


Fujitsu 48AA/36AAA Premium Alkaline Battery COMBO shrink pack


Alkaline my friend…. Different batteries Wink
RobertB
RobertB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 12/18/2015 - 17:49
Posts: 3722
Location: USA, Michigan

I had eneloop batteries die in a phone also. Replaced them with Energizer rechargeables and they’ve been good for the last 3 years

aL1
aL1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 06/04/2012 - 21:14
Posts: 313
Location: New England

ChibiM wrote:
aL1 wrote:

$19.99 + Free Shipping as of December 10, 2016, 10:55 EST (US)

Fujitsu 48AA/36AAA Premium Alkaline Battery COMBO shrink pack

Alkaline my friend.... Different batteries ;)

My bad, you're right!