EOSLAMP SP11 AAA XPE R3 $19.90 with own optional output! for $0.99 extra

64 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

ChibiM
ChibiM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 05/09/2011 - 10:25
Posts: 7062
Location: Holland
EOSLAMP SP11 AAA XPE R3 $19.90 with own optional output! for $0.99 extra

Have been talking with Hank from intl.outdoorshop,

And thought about making this a new thread, as the Tank07 E09 is getting mixed up, where this light is also mentioned!

It gives us 38lm on high, for 3 hours!
But as an optional choice for $0.99 you can make it 100lm on high.
Talking with Hank, he says that you can ask him for your own choice of output!for only that $0.99 extra!!!
Thats a great service!!!

I dont own it as yet. but its on my wishlist. Im still looking around for and EDC, and wanted to get the ITP A3 at a right price, but with knowing this one at intl.outdoorshop, Im having this on my wishlist now.
Only wanted to have it 3modes Wink
Also, its High -Low.. not Low High.. (I liked Low High more)

It looks like its grip is very nice.. Good knurling! (seems to be better than ITP)
Nice square threads!

Now waiting for Black Friday to finish, before I order.. I might be broke after that day.

here some more specs..

Features :

 

*Material: Aircraft Aluminum
*Bulb: CREE XP-E R3 LED
*Brightness: 38 lumens
*Reflector: OP
*Power supply( NOT included ): AAA battery
*Modes: High-38L, Low-4.6L
*Constant current, constant light output
*Runtime: High - 3 hours, Low - 60 hours
*Lens: AR coated glass lens
*IPX-8 Waterproof
*Finish: HA3
*Square threads
*Dimension( mm ): 69(length) x 14.2(body) x 14.2(head)
*Weight :15.8 grams (without battery)

 

Edited by: ChibiM on 11/24/2011 - 07:53
coolperl
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/04/2011 - 14:28
Posts: 271
Location: Europe

Looks nice. However, I find 38lm bright enough for such a small light.

What I'd like to see - is neutral tint from "4" range and low mode at 1-2 lumens (instead of almost 5)   ...and maybe this sand-anodized version that's on the photos.

fran82
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/31/2010 - 10:15
Posts: 2603

How I contact that person?

Enjoy BLF

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3999
Location: Honeyland

ChibiM wrote:

I dont own it as yet. but its on my wishlist. Im still looking around for and EDC, and wanted to get the ITP A3 at a right price, but with knowing this one at intl.outdoorshop, Im having this on my wishlist now.
Only wanted to have it 3modes Wink

 

 

I've had an ITP A3 with with XP-G R5.

Even if the modes are well spaced on paper 1.5, 18, 80.   I didn't like it with 3 modes, when you want to go to high, you had to twist 3 times, I never wanted the medium mode. It's useless to me in such a small configuration and also a twisty.

Also it's not such a big difference from the medium to high.

I gave the ITP to someone who is not a flashaholic and from the way she was using it, I think 2 modes would have been better for her too.

 

 

ChibiM
ChibiM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 05/09/2011 - 10:25
Posts: 7062
Location: Holland

fran82 wrote:

How I contact that person?

Go to their website, and go to the bottom of the page, and click: Contact us

fran82
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/31/2010 - 10:15
Posts: 2603

ok ok, thanks

Enjoy BLF

Infinite
Infinite's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/06/2011 - 09:34
Posts: 224

I own this light about two weeks now (with optional output up to 100 lm). It's not my favorite light simply 'cause i prefer three mode lights, but its definitely not bad. In my opinion it is a little like a customized Thrunite Ti. It has a nice spot, it is bright and works fine with my 10440s. Alls things considered the Eoslamp makes a good first impression.

BetweenRides
BetweenRides's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 3 months ago
Joined: 01/02/2011 - 10:34
Posts: 2959
Location: Chicagoland, USA

I'm really close to pulling the trigger on the SP11. I wasn't aware it could run on 10440s. Is it noticably brighter than using primary AAAs?

Infinite
Infinite's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/06/2011 - 09:34
Posts: 224

Yes. In comparison with an Alkaline AAA there is a readily identifiable difference for my eyes.

revolver
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 05/29/2011 - 10:09
Posts: 78
Location: USA

Does this light use a mechanism similar to the Thrunite Ti for modes?  Is it twist for low, twist more for high? 

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3999
Location: Honeyland

I wasn't aware either that it can work on 10440.

You insert the battery with the positive end first, so the negative end is on the emitter side. You fully tighten head to turn the light off, you slight loosen the head and you have high, then you loosen it slightly more and you have low. I really like that it starts in High and it only has 2 modes. Twisting too much to get 3 modes wasn't on my liking when I had the ITP A3. I gave the ITP A3 (R5) as a gift to a friend.

Infinite
Infinite's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/06/2011 - 09:34
Posts: 224

I'm not sure but I guess the light is slightly lighter than the Ti and it can tail stand.

@revolver The mechanism is similar to the Thrunite Ti, but there is more interspace between the modes. Like hikeelite told there is one drawback: if you tighten the head to turn the light off the AAA is wobbling.

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3999
Location: Honeyland

Infinite wrote:

I'm not sure but I guess the light is slightly lighter than the Ti and it can tail stand.

@revolver The mechanism is similar to the Thrunite Ti, but there is more interspace between the modes. Like hikeelite told there is one drawback: if you tighten the head to turn the light off the AAA is wobbling.

You tighten the head all the way and it's off, then it's no wobble. actually this feature is quite good, it somehow prevents the head to fall. You unscrew the head just a bit and you have High, unscrew it just a bit more and you have Low, then you have to fully tighten it back so it's safely turned off.

Infinite
Infinite's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/06/2011 - 09:34
Posts: 224

I checked it twice. If you tighten the head all the way the off mode doesn't work if you using 10440s. But it works fine with Alkalines...

BetweenRides
BetweenRides's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 3 months ago
Joined: 01/02/2011 - 10:34
Posts: 2959
Location: Chicagoland, USA

Tighten off is one of the features I like about this. I don't like the idea of carrying around a light in my pocket with the head loose.

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3999
Location: Honeyland

Infinite wrote:

I checked it twice. If you tighten the head all the way the off mode doesn't work if you using 10440s. But it works fine with Alkalines...

I have not tried with 10440 cells, only with alkaline batteries. Since the light is not advertised as working with 10440, I wonder if it's OK to use them.

How many hours have you run the SP11 on 10440s?

 

Infinite
Infinite's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/06/2011 - 09:34
Posts: 224

Hikelite wrote:

I have not tried with 10440 cells, only with alkaline batteries. Since the light is not advertised as working with 10440, I wonder if it's OK to use them.

How many hours have you run the SP11 on 10440s?

at a stretch or all in all ? I'm using it with 10440s about two weeks now. I guess about 1 hours in total !? Didn't stopped the time. 

Infinite
Infinite's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/06/2011 - 09:34
Posts: 224

BetweenRides wrote:

Tighten off is one of the features I like about this. I don't like the idea of carrying around a light in my pocket with the head loose.

Like Hikelite said it works fine. I was wrong. You won't loose the head, if you are not use 10440s. 

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3999
Location: Honeyland

Infinite wrote:

Hikelite wrote:

I have not tried with 10440 cells, only with alkaline batteries. Since the light is not advertised as working with 10440, I wonder if it's OK to use them.

How many hours have you run the SP11 on 10440s?

at a stretch or all in all ? I'm using it with 10440s about two weeks now. I guess about 1 hours in total !? Didn't stopped the time. 

All in all. Thanks.

I really wonder why the light doesn't go off when fully tighten on 10440s, like on alkalines. Maybe it's a way of annoying the user not to use them, a warning that they should not be used? I'm wondering all these because the light seems to have been built with some thought, I mean the full tightening for off is really nice to keep the head away from any possible issues.   

Infinite
Infinite's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/06/2011 - 09:34
Posts: 224

I agree. Maybe i'm not able to get it off with 10440s Wink I tried it several times. It won't work.

Just this minute I checked it with four different 10440s - same result. The light only turn off with Alkalines, L92 or Eneloops.

BetweenRides
BetweenRides's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 3 months ago
Joined: 01/02/2011 - 10:34
Posts: 2959
Location: Chicagoland, USA

Infinite wrote:

I agree. Maybe i'm not able to get it off with 10440s Wink I tried it several times. It won't work.

Just this minute I checked it with four different 10440s - same result. The light only turn off with Alkalines, L92 or Eneloops.

Good to know. I'm planning on using eneloops anyway, just thought 10440's was a bonus feature. If I need more than a hundred lumens, I do have other flashlights, afterall..... Laughing

Infinite
Infinite's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/06/2011 - 09:34
Posts: 224

 

I'll keep going with using 10440s. Its not so bad if i can't tighten it off this way. I will report if the light is broken Laughing

 

revolver
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 05/29/2011 - 10:09
Posts: 78
Location: USA

Thanks for the answers everyone!

 

Hikelite wrote:

I wasn't aware either that it can work on 10440.

You insert the battery with the positive end first, so the negative end is on the emitter side. You fully tighten head to turn the light off, you slight loosen the head and you have high, then you loosen it slightly more and you have low. I really like that it starts in High and it only has 2 modes. Twisting too much to get 3 modes wasn't on my liking when I had the ITP A3. I gave the ITP A3 (R5) as a gift to a friend.

If you leave it untwisted for off so that the first mode that comes on is low is the head too loose to hang out in a pocket without falling off?  And I should probably wait a few days to order right, what with CNY and all.

BetweenRides
BetweenRides's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 3 months ago
Joined: 01/02/2011 - 10:34
Posts: 2959
Location: Chicagoland, USA

IOS home page pretty much says they won't be shipping until after 1/31, but you can place the order anytime.

SashiX
SashiX's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 7 months ago
Joined: 10/07/2010 - 15:46
Posts: 2045
Location: Spain

Damn, like it a lot, but already ordered Lumintop :~ Reminds me Nitecore D11 Silly but in AAA size Smile Beamshots/comparison?

PS: the only thing I don't like much: not MED - HI order Flat Stare 20 - 100 lm would be super.

coolperl
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/04/2011 - 14:28
Posts: 271
Location: Europe

The UI is exactly the same as in DQG I.

The reason, why it doesn't turn off on li-ion is probably higher voltage. The switching off mechanism is based on electronic circuit, not typical, mechanical brake of the current path. I wonder, what is parasitic drain when off. Because with this method of switching off, there must be some.

kreisler
kreisler's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 11 months ago
Joined: 11/12/2011 - 23:32
Posts: 3992
Location: Deutcheland

SashiX wrote:
Damn, like it a lot, but already ordered Lumintop :~

the worm is a serious torch with serious built quality. not much you can do with it. Med, High. that's it. no playing around.

with iTP A3 and Tank E09 you get 6 modes (3 modes with Eneloop, 3 modes with 10440) and can buy protected liion's and unprotected liion's.

brightness is exciting. 7hrs runtimes arent.

please dont be mad with me amigo if you find the worm beautiful but boring. it's not a laetitia casta. :bigsmile:

*FMI* i got 4 i/o sh
SashiX
SashiX's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 7 months ago
Joined: 10/07/2010 - 15:46
Posts: 2045
Location: Spain

Haha :bigsmile: I don't say that I don't like Lumintop Silly Quite the contrary. But right now I don't need more AAA lights, thats why :~

Anyway, will include this one in my "wish list" :bigsmile: Any review, runtimes out there?

 

PS: coolperl, thanks for the info and your thoughts about "switch". Parasitic drain was the only thing that pulled me off on buying Nitecore Flat Stare

kreisler
kreisler's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 11 months ago
Joined: 11/12/2011 - 23:32
Posts: 3992
Location: Deutcheland

anyone with additional photos of the hole?

looks like a biggish hole with thin wall thickness.

i guess you guys dont care. me either.

just wanted to point out that this would have been a turn off (deal-breaker) if i had this torch on my candidates list when there was still enough pocket money to spend on keychain torches. at that time i decided for the Klarus MIX6 from DD. with KREISHILL coupon codes.

*FMI* i got 4 i/o sh
Infinite
Infinite's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/06/2011 - 09:34
Posts: 224

Bild hochladen

Bild hochladen Bild hochladen

kreisler
kreisler's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 11 months ago
Joined: 11/12/2011 - 23:32
Posts: 3992
Location: Deutcheland

nice torch you have, thanks!!

HD photos .. i love that Beer

*FMI* i got 4 i/o sh

Pages