[Closed] Sofirn C01S with Nichia E21A 98CRI R9050/9080

254 posts / 0 new
Last post
richnpc
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 07/17/2011 - 10:59
Posts: 333
Location: USA

Lux, thanks for trying.

Tendou
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 49 min ago
Joined: 03/26/2020 - 03:49
Posts: 123

does this also means there will be no 3 modes c01s using other led in the future?

Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 19 sec ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 2899
Location: at the end of the light beam

Thanks a lot for your great support and confidence. I will keep on trying to find another manufacturer who may be able to develop something similar. Maybe even Hank Wang might be interested, who knows. I will ask him. Wink

Tendou wrote:
does this also means there will be no 3 modes c01s using other led in the future?

I do not know about Sofirn's further plans regarding C01S. I suggested them to use the 3 mode UI for C01S as well. I can only guess but the odds look good they will eventually use this UI on C01S, too. Same applies for any other tint/color.

SammysHP
SammysHP's picture
Offline
Last seen: 53 min 38 sec ago
Joined: 06/25/2019 - 14:35
Posts: 784
Location: Germany

Someone mentioned some days ago that Hank is not interested in making AAA/AA sized/compatible flashlights.

I think if we get the C01S hosts without LED and a reel of nice LEDs we could reflow it ourselves (or a few of us with shipping to other members). With all the work and additional shipping it might cost a bit more.

Tendou
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 49 min ago
Joined: 03/26/2020 - 03:49
Posts: 123
Lux-Perpetua wrote:

Thanks a lot for your great support and confidence. I will keep on trying to find another manufacturer who may be able to develop something similar. Maybe even Hank Wang might be interested, who knows. I will ask him. Wink


Tendou wrote:
does this also means there will be no 3 modes c01s using other led in the future?

I do not know about Sofirn’s further plans regarding C01S. I suggested them to use the 3 mode UI for C01S as well. I can only guess but the odds look good they will eventually use this UI on C01S, too. Same applies for any other tint/color.

I hope so too. And soon. Smile

Unheard
Unheard's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 6 min ago
Joined: 01/16/2019 - 11:38
Posts: 1760
Location: Germany

SammysHP wrote:
I think if we get the C01S hosts without LED and a reel of nice LEDs we could reflow it ourselves (or a few of us with shipping to other members). With all the work and additional shipping it might cost a bit more.

That needs a different MCPCB, too, as the footprint of the E21A is completely different.

Smile, you cannot kill them all.

Alen
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 7 hours ago
Joined: 04/03/2012 - 08:26
Posts: 412
Location: Italy

Unheard wrote:
SammysHP wrote:
I think if we get the C01S hosts without LED and a reel of nice LEDs we could reflow it ourselves (or a few of us with shipping to other members). With all the work and additional shipping it might cost a bit more.

That needs a different MCPCB, too, as the footprint of the E21A is completely different.

If Sofirn or others manufacture can made small MCPCB for E21A I’m interest to get some
Rolan
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 04/21/2017 - 11:48
Posts: 1
Location: Россия

Interested

Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 19 sec ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 2899
Location: at the end of the light beam

The project is suspended, most likely indefinitely. Sorry.

iamlucky13
Offline
Last seen: 45 min 29 sec ago
Joined: 06/22/2018 - 09:18
Posts: 946
Location: USA
Alen wrote:
Unheard wrote:
SammysHP wrote:
I think if we get the C01S hosts without LED and a reel of nice LEDs we could reflow it ourselves (or a few of us with shipping to other members). With all the work and additional shipping it might cost a bit more.
That needs a different MCPCB, too, as the footprint of the E21A is completely different.
If Sofirn or others manufacture can made small MCPCB for E21A I’m interest to get some

I think virence.com is intending to restock their version at some point, but the timing was unclear even before the pandemic, and that appears to disrupted all of Clemence’s plans.

Sean Ingram
Sean Ingram's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 4 hours ago
Joined: 04/15/2019 - 07:06
Posts: 17

Sad

sochi111
sochi111's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 02/21/2017 - 14:59
Posts: 333

What about virence, he has access to E21A and custom MCPCBs

Alen
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 7 hours ago
Joined: 04/03/2012 - 08:26
Posts: 412
Location: Italy

Yes,wish project will be resumed

Pages