Manker E14 III

72 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

varbos
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 02/16/2017 - 07:36
Posts: 565
Location: Europe
Manker E14 III

Another hot rod with tail e-switch joins the party:
http://www.mankerlight.com/manker-e14-iii-4000-lumens-mini-edc-pocket-le...

An 18650 tube is available.

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 5786
Location: Portugal

Nice find Wink

will34
will34's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 22 hours ago
Joined: 12/18/2012 - 00:12
Posts: 3932

Holy crap I cannot believe my eyes!

A manker light finally done right? Is that carclo 4-up optic? Single click to off UI with direct access to moonlight and turbo? Recessed deep carry clip? Is this finally the death of the 2-legged optic? What is going on!?

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 2842
Location: Sweden

too bad mankers UI sucks or have they finally changed?

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

              つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

G0OSE
G0OSE's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 09/03/2014 - 12:34
Posts: 1674
Location: UK SW

Tasty looking! apart from the clip bit and the hole behind it. The clip just looks like an after thought, horrid.
I really like love the Boruit BC15 ‘little fatty’, it is for sure my goto light, despite it’s UI. This is pretty similar. I love the copper bit.

pinkpanda3310
pinkpanda3310's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 12/28/2013 - 08:45
Posts: 2730
Location: Perth

I’m liking the look of this Glasses

varbos
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 02/16/2017 - 07:36
Posts: 565
Location: Europe

There is no screw-on tailcap, which hopefully means it does not have as many contact issues as other tail e-switch flashlights.

FW3A is pretty bad (with regards to reliability of switch signal); I believe KR4 is much better but Hank still had to issue a directive to owners about tightening everything to the max.

Unheard
Unheard's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 41 min ago
Joined: 01/16/2019 - 11:38
Posts: 1384
Location: Germany

KR1 worked out of the box and after disassembling and reassembling. This technology is finally fully matured imo.

Smile, you cannot kill them all.

2A
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 05/18/2020 - 09:57
Posts: 401
Location: quarantained

One of the best looking lights out there. I like it.

edit:
also looks like it has a permanently built in second tube to avoid any contact issues

varbos
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 02/16/2017 - 07:36
Posts: 565
Location: Europe

Unheard wrote:
KR1 worked out of the box and after disassembling and reassembling. This technology is finally fully matured imo.

By all accounts it is still a little bit sensitive to tube tightness. Hank was getting emails from people who (incorrectly) thought they received a defective flashlight. He had to put out a directive informing people that tightness is more important on this model than normal flashlights.

Of course these are non-issues once you are aware of them. But still, when you are selling at scale it is desirable to minimize issues period. First impressions count and it is not nice when a buyer thinks (incorrectly) that he has a defect.

MoreLumens
MoreLumens's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 10/25/2019 - 07:08
Posts: 947
Location: Finland

Nice light. So many good options to choose from. I been looking some nice single cell hot rod with nice amount of flood, but some good throw too and this new Manker could be a good candidate. FW3A, Emisar D4SV2, Noctigon KR4 or maybe this Manker and maybe there is some multiemitter light again just around corner. Maybe I would prefer 21700, but 18650 seems like almost as good for runtime and lumens if I’m right? Hmm not sure if there was some other good multiemitter lights? Well Astrolux MF01 Mini which I already have, but a little bit smaller would be better.

contactcr
Offline
Last seen: 50 min 10 sec ago
Joined: 05/19/2017 - 18:52
Posts: 3496
Location: US
  • Screwed on clip
  • Carclo optics
  • Trit slot in tail
  • Copper HS
  • New UI

Not bad for being late to the party

contactcr
Offline
Last seen: 50 min 10 sec ago
Joined: 05/19/2017 - 18:52
Posts: 3496
Location: US
MoreLumens wrote:
Nice light. So many good options to choose from. I been looking some nice single cell hot rod with nice amount of flood, but some good throw too and this new Manker could be a good candidate. FW3A, Emisar D4SV2, Noctigon KR4 or maybe this Manker and maybe there is some multiemitter light again just around corner. Maybe I would prefer 21700, but 18650 seems like almost as good for runtime and lumens if I’m right? Hmm not sure if there was some other good multiemitter lights? Well Astrolux MF01 Mini which I already have, but a little bit smaller would be better.

LH351D makes a huge clean, round spot. It does NOT throw though

MoreLumens
MoreLumens's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 10/25/2019 - 07:08
Posts: 947
Location: Finland
contactcr wrote:
MoreLumens wrote:
Nice light. So many good options to choose from. I been looking some nice single cell hot rod with nice amount of flood, but some good throw too and this new Manker could be a good candidate. FW3A, Emisar D4SV2, Noctigon KR4 or maybe this Manker and maybe there is some multiemitter light again just around corner. Maybe I would prefer 21700, but 18650 seems like almost as good for runtime and lumens if I’m right? Hmm not sure if there was some other good multiemitter lights? Well Astrolux MF01 Mini which I already have, but a little bit smaller would be better.

LH351D makes a huge clean, round spot. It does NOT throw though

I like SP36 BLF which is about just perfect throw/flood ratio for my preference. Deep reflector though.

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 43 min 32 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 4182
Location: US

Sweet looking! This has a constant current circuit so will be more efficient than the fw3A and Meote. Also so excited they finally fixed the UI!

pinkpanda3310
pinkpanda3310's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 12/28/2013 - 08:45
Posts: 2730
Location: Perth

Is there a coupon for this light ?

2A
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 05/18/2020 - 09:57
Posts: 401
Location: quarantained

I second the question about the coupon, but also whether this light is even available yet? I couldn’t find it so far. thanks.

Unheard
Unheard's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 41 min ago
Joined: 01/16/2019 - 11:38
Posts: 1384
Location: Germany

2A wrote:
I second the question about the coupon, but also whether this light is even available yet? I couldn’t find it so far. thanks.

Varbos provided a link. I have not ordered it, but I could. Apparently.

Is it really an e-switch? I have not found this information.

varbos wrote:
Unheard wrote:
KR1 worked out of the box and after disassembling and reassembling. This technology is finally fully matured imo.

By all accounts it is still a little bit sensitive to tube tightness. Hank was getting emails from people who (incorrectly) thought they received a defective flashlight. He had to put out a directive informing people that tightness is more important on this model than normal flashlights.

I didn’t knew this. Took a second look at the mechanics of the KR1 and am still puzzled what a potential problem could be. Head and tailcap are not even especially tightend and it still works. This construction with springs for battery and inner tube at least seems safe. Maybe dirt/grease on the inner tube could prevent functioning?

Smile, you cannot kill them all.

varbos
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 02/16/2017 - 07:36
Posts: 565
Location: Europe

2A wrote:
I second the question about the coupon, but also whether this light is even available yet? I couldn’t find it so far. thanks.

Manker listed it on their website just 1 day ago. An Aliexpress store “China Flaslight Store” also listed it for sale, this morning.

So I think it is available but only literally in the past day(s). Right now there are no user reviews or third-party photographs.

gchart
gchart's picture
Offline
Last seen: 42 min 17 sec ago
Joined: 03/19/2016 - 11:57
Posts: 2612
Location: Central IL

Unheard wrote:
Is it really an e-switch? I have not found this information.

Part of the UI shows a “long press” action which cannot be performed very well with a clicky switch.
Unheard
Unheard's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 41 min ago
Joined: 01/16/2019 - 11:38
Posts: 1384
Location: Germany

Of course, the UI! Facepalm Blushing

Smile, you cannot kill them all.

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 43 min 32 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 4182
Location: US
Unheard wrote:
Of course, the UI! Facepalm Blushing

What’s wrong with this new UI? They finally got rid of the notorious Manker UI.

thefreeman
thefreeman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 01/06/2020 - 09:56
Posts: 256
Location: France

The new UI looks much better than before, but I would prefer moonligh to not be in a different group (what’s the point ?), it’s the same for the thrunite T1, you can turn on directly on moonlight but if you want to go to low, well you can’t, not directly at least, you have to turn off, then single clic which bring you to the last mode used in the main group and then cycle to low and potentially blind you in the process.

varbos
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 02/16/2017 - 07:36
Posts: 565
Location: Europe

Since ramping is so ‘trendy’ I think they should have included an optional ramping interface. For commercial reasons (to sell more units).

Unheard
Unheard's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 41 min ago
Joined: 01/16/2019 - 11:38
Posts: 1384
Location: Germany
SKV89 wrote:
Unheard wrote:
Of course, the UI! Facepalm Blushing

What’s wrong with this new UI? They finally got rid of the notorious Manker UI.


Nothing wrong. Only I could have noticed that’s an eswitch UI.

Smile, you cannot kill them all.

TeeJayEDC
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/22/2020 - 12:04
Posts: 11
Location: Earth Kingdom

A nice clean design from Manker.
Dumb question, why Manker is not popular?

It seems like they just do not care about marketing their or reach out other customer.
Can not even find Manker on Amazon.

EasyB
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 03/09/2016 - 15:24
Posts: 2078
Location: Ohio

SKV89 wrote:
Sweet looking! This has a constant current circuit so will be more efficient than the fw3A and Meote. Also so excited they finally fixed the UI!

I wonder if it is a FET linear driver + DD turbo like in the noctigon kr4. I’m glad to see these types of drivers being used more.
middle age man
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 03/26/2019 - 18:38
Posts: 167

Questions about the LH351D LEDs: are they high CRI and what color temperature? I would be interested if the NW is 4000K hight CRI.

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 43 min 32 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 4182
Location: US

I just noticed this now uses the Carclo optic instead of the Manker quad.

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 2842
Location: Sweden
middle age man wrote:
Questions about the LH351D LEDs: are they high CRI and what color temperature? I would be interested if the NW is 4000K hight CRI.

it says neutral but my guess its 5000k….

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

              つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Chatika vas Paus
Chatika vas Paus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 50 min 54 sec ago
Joined: 09/03/2017 - 13:46
Posts: 915
TeeJayEDC wrote:
Dumb question, why Manker is not popular?

Manker is quite well-known brand among flashlight enthusiasts, but they don’t have a good opinion. The main reason is the lack of manufacturer support and problems with the warranty. Although the flashlights are imho a very good quality, problems often do arise.
Another reason is their (old?) UI. Reproduced in many flashlights and almost always criticized. Nobody likes long click for on/off. The new one looks much better.

See this thread where people complain about Manker. I have a few of their flashlights, but I don’t use them often, so I won’t comment on that. Although I had no problems with them.

Pages