✌ ASTROLUX EA01 SST40 (2300lm)/ XHP50.2 (3500lm) TIR 26650/ 26350 Flashlight Group Buy - ALIVE!

562 posts / 0 new
Last post
casi29061965
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 06/27/2016 - 09:50
Posts: 659
Location: Germany

I got nearly 6000 Lumen at start of my EA01 XHP50.2 CW powered by a 21700 Samsung 30T high drain battery …

freeme
freeme's picture
Online
Last seen: 4 min 22 sec ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 9394

My measurement is more on conservative side if my follows have noticed. Published values that are achievable by most owners with a good pair of freshly charged cell(s). I will provide another set of result when my new set of higher performance batteries arrive in 3-4 weeks time.

 

However, from my previous comparison with other reviewers test results, my values are usually differ by 15% max for under 10,000lm class light? 

 

Owners feel free to share your personal test results with our readers. Do specify:

  • emitter model
  • briefly describe your test rig setup
  • brand and model
  • ambient temperature

TheAuditor wrote:
I got the XHP50.2 version and in testing with freshly charged batteries I am getting way more than 3500 lumens. I am estimating 5500 at turn on. I am hoping others will do some more accurate testing and let us know what they get.
Artiet59
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 1486
Location: CT, USA

Both my ea01 were delivered today! They are really nicely made, fit the 40t battery well, and have interesting beam shape/patterns with this optic. Can’t wait for night fall! This is the sst40 5000k (gray) and xhp50 5700k (blue).

Thanks again freeme!

Artiet59
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 1486
Location: CT, USA

Depending on the mcpcb size / layout (I’ve never had a TIR optic light and don’t know what to expect when I take the bezel off) I may drop a CULPM1 into one of these this coming weekend. I’ll post before and after beamshots if that ends up happening.

Dioda
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 02/05/2018 - 09:40
Posts: 520

According to earlier post, there is inner diameter difference between different color tubes. Can someone confirm whether the Vapcell G53 is a good fit and to which tube color?

pennzy
pennzy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 19:45
Posts: 3117
Location: United States , Pa.

d_t_a wrote:

Beamshot comparison of the Astrolux EA01 (XHP50.2 5700k) vs the Astrolux EA01 (SST40 5000k):


(Left side is EA01 XHP50.2


right side is EA01 SST40)


 



 


As noted, there seems to be a problem with my EA01 SST40, as it shows a bluish-purplish tint shift when on high/turbo levels.


Thank you dta.
Chicken Drumstick
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 08/27/2012 - 05:00
Posts: 2762
Location: UK

Been out with mine today. I have to say the beam profile of the SST-40 is probably one of the best beams I’ve come across. Very usable. Really really liking it as a light.

Shot some video too, which I’ll post up tomorrow once compiled.

Dioda
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 02/05/2018 - 09:40
Posts: 520

Looking forward to your video as most of the available reviews show the XHP50 version Thumbs Up

Chicknburger
Chicknburger's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 6 days ago
Joined: 12/17/2020 - 06:47
Posts: 34
Location: Germany

please send me a coupon for ea01 XHP50

thanks Smile

Commas save lives!
Lets eat, Grandma!
Lets eat Grandma!

d_t_a
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 08/04/2017 - 23:58
Posts: 2313
Location: Manila, Philippines

Artiet59 wrote:
Both my ea01 were delivered today! They are really nicely made, fit the 40t battery well, and have interesting beam shape/patterns with this optic. Can’t wait for night fall! This is the sst40 5000k (gray) and xhp50 5700k (blue).

Thanks again freeme!

!https://imageshack.com/i/pomH4Ebxj!

I got exactly the same combination as yours! – blue EA01 with XHP50.2 5700k – gray EA01 with SST40 5000k

I notice that they also have the same error — the manual included in the gray EA01 package is incorrect — they shipped the FT02S manual instead of the correct EA01
— I thought they included the wrong manual (FT02S) on my EA01 only — based from your picture , it looks like they did this error probably for a whole batch…

~~~~~~

I have a question — can you check if the battery tube of the gray EA01 is a bit narrower (if you have a Shockli/Vapcell 26650 — it will be a very tight fit on the gray body tube), also the tailcap thread doesn’t seem to be too smooth when screwing the tailcap on the body tube (at least this happens on my sample), I’ve applied some silicon lubricant on the threads but still not as smooth when screwing the tailcap.

Artiet59
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 1486
Location: CT, USA

d_t_a wrote:
Artiet59 wrote:
Both my ea01 were delivered today! They are really nicely made, fit the 40t battery well, and have interesting beam shape/patterns with this optic. Can’t wait for night fall! This is the sst40 5000k (gray) and xhp50 5700k (blue).

Thanks again freeme!

!https://imageshack.com/i/pomH4Ebxj!

I got exactly the same combination as yours! – blue EA01 with XHP50.2 5700k – gray EA01 with SST40 5000k

I notice that they also have the same error — the manual included in the gray EA01 package is incorrect — they shipped the FT02S manual instead of the correct EA01
— I thought they included the wrong manual (FT02S) on my EA01 only — based from your picture , it looks like they did this error probably for a whole batch…

~~~~~~

I have a question — can you check if the battery tube of the gray EA01 is a bit narrower (if you have a Shockli/Vapcell 26650 — it will be a very tight fit on the gray body tube), also the tailcap thread doesn’t seem to be too smooth when screwing the tailcap on the body tube (at least this happens on my sample), I’ve applied some silicon lubricant on the threads but still not as smooth when screwing the tailcap.


Yea i thought the ft02s manual was funny! Funny we have same emitter color combo lol. only have an efest 4200 mah purple 26650 to check, will,do in morening, my threads are all good on head and tail caps. I LOVE these lights, way more then I though I would! Basically feel like over half my 25 lights are obsolete with these two!
Artiet59
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 1486
Location: CT, USA

Freeme-

I have to say – these lights are amazing! I like them, with their emitters and tir optics so much more then I thought. I’ve used both tonight for about an hour each and here are my thoughts-

-Half my lights are obsolete
-The sst40 5000k has the beam pattern of my Best looking sbt90 thrower
-The sst40 throws and looks 3/4 as bright and identical to my lumintop X9L!
—the sst40 is the same size as a KR1, throws just as far as the W2 KR1, is half the price and is twice as bright! Tell me that’s not awesome.
-the xhp throws almost the same (80%) as my Kr1, is the same size, and is probably 3-4 times brighter!
- the xhp50 looks brighter then my ft03 xhp50 , huge hotspot
- the blue and Gray are beautifully done!

**The KR1 is one of my favorite lights, i compare the ea01 to it for those purposes only. Im not saying ea01 is better bc they are so different, im just attempting to demonstrate how fantastic the ea01 is.

These two lights are by FAR, MY 2020 lights of the year.

Thank you freeme!

Oh, and I ordered two more today,,just to have them. First time I’ve ever done that too.

shreddy3
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 01/13/2021 - 00:58
Posts: 1

Would someone mind posting a beamshot and throw distance comparison between the EA01 and Lumintop GT Mini? I’m very interested to see how these two pocket throwers compare.

d_t_a
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 08/04/2017 - 23:58
Posts: 2313
Location: Manila, Philippines

shreddy3 wrote:
Would someone mind posting a beamshot and throw distance comparison between the EA01 and Lumintop GT Mini? I'm very interested to see how these two pocket throwers compare.

I wouldn't call the EA01 exactly a pure thrower... The GT Mini out-throws it by a good deal, but the EA01 has a bigger hotspot.

 

Lumintop GT Mini (XPL-Hi neutral-white ~5000k) beamshot

 

Astrolux EA01 (SST40 5000k) beamshot

(note: my EA01 SST40 has a defect: it turns bluish-purplish on Turbo, so it may not be performing as well as a good functioning unit)

(If I get another EA01 SST40, I'll try to post another video...)

 

for comparison:

GT Mini Pro (basically similar to a GT Mini in size, but uses XHP50.2 LED)  beamshot

yclongthrow
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/20/2011 - 14:21
Posts: 373
Location: USA

Can I please get the coupon for a blue xhp50 light. Thanks

Chicken Drumstick
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 08/27/2012 - 05:00
Posts: 2762
Location: UK

My review.

Artiet59
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 1486
Location: CT, USA

Freeme-

Is there anyway if we take a count of interested members that astrolux would consider producing pocket clips for this light? I know it couldn’t “snap on” like say a traditional “o-brand” clip does. But I’ve put some thought into a design that would work, similar to how I modified my d4v2 to take a fw3a clip. It would be possible.

I would buy 4, if not more. I know we are talking a low cost/ low sell item, but I had to ask.

Please consider! And thanks again for this awesome deal.

Chicken Drumstick
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 08/27/2012 - 05:00
Posts: 2762
Location: UK

I would be interested in at least 2 x pocket clips. As I’d like one for my MF01 Mini.

Both the Mini and EA01 have recesses below the tail cap (sadly not quite the same size on both). But I assume would be suitable for a snap on clip fitment.

Ledhead
Ledhead's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 12/09/2020 - 16:39
Posts: 125
Location: Near the Willamette

Am I eligible for a code? SST in blue. Please and thank you…

When you entered BLF, you knew this is an asylum. But after some time, your mind tricks you into thinking this would be a normal place to be. Unheard

Artiet59
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 1486
Location: CT, USA

Chicken Drumstick wrote:
I would be interested in at least 2 x pocket clips. As I’d like one for my MF01 Mini.

Both the Mini and EA01 have recesses below the tail cap (sadly not quite the same size on both). But I assume would be suitable for a snap on clip fitment.


Good call about that recess, and I would like a fifth then for my mf01 mini as well. The snap on clip could work too, would be an easier design as well. My thoughts on a fw3a style clip (screws down with tail cap) is a washer is included with the clip that fits in the tail cap, only 1-2mm wide that is the same thickness as the clip’s “band” that ensure contact from the battery tube to the tail cap. This is what I did for my d4 and it works completely ok. I like the style clips that screw in with tail cap, and if there is any gap in the threads between the tail and battery tube an print can be used.
Ledhead
Ledhead's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 12/09/2020 - 16:39
Posts: 125
Location: Near the Willamette

Thanks Freeme

When you entered BLF, you knew this is an asylum. But after some time, your mind tricks you into thinking this would be a normal place to be. Unheard

dbwsportz
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 5 days ago
Joined: 01/13/2021 - 13:00
Posts: 2
Location: Houston, TX

Hello. I’m a new member here and would like to request the discount code for 2 of these lights. One for each LED type.

Thank You,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

J5 - Hyper V, Tactical V2 | Streamlight - ProTac 2L-X | Olight - S1R Baton II 

Fenix - PD35 Tac, PD36R, E01, HM65R headlamp | Lightbar Pro - headlamp

Sofirn - C8G Astrolux - EC01, EC03, FT03, C8, EA03

Mag-Lite - AA Halogen, AA LED, 4 D Incan, 4 C Incan

zoulas
zoulas's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 min 8 sec ago
Joined: 06/01/2020 - 08:35
Posts: 871

Just got mine. Its very cool. Highly recommended.

freeme
freeme's picture
Online
Last seen: 4 min 22 sec ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 9394

BG has no plans of stocking quad LED version.

freeme wrote:

Sorry for not being able to report here regularly for the past one week, as my body is not coping well with the cold season. sealed  

BG in-charge did not mention about "EA04". Maybe I will try to get some news from them tomorrow.

Artiet59 wrote:
vresto wrote:
Dioda wrote:
Yes, the 4x XHP50.2 is already available: "Mateminco MT04":https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002003802008.html?spm=2114.12010611.... Waw i cant resist..but why the write this thing about not usinf 21700....
Freeme- I have same question about 21700 warning? Is it the battery length? or the assumed higher amperage? Or something else?

Tartarus
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 01/25/2013 - 04:45
Posts: 39
Location: Hungary

Very sad, I’ve been waiting for weeks to show up. EC03 is oversized for me and not even pretty. I wanted EA04 with SST40 Crying

freeme wrote:

BG has no plans of stocking quad LED version.


freeme wrote:

Sorry for not being able to report here regularly for the past one week, as my body is not coping well with the cold season. sealed  


BG in-charge did not mention about “EA04”. Maybe I will try to get some news from them tomorrow.


Artiet59 wrote:
vresto wrote:
Dioda wrote:
Yes, the 4x XHP50.2 is already available: Mateminco MT04
Waw i cant resist..but why the write this thing about not usinf 21700….
Freeme- I have same question about 21700 warning? Is it the battery length? or the assumed higher amperage? Or something else?

Dioda
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 02/05/2018 - 09:40
Posts: 520

You can stilk order the quad SST40 as MT04 by Mateminco at Ali

Tartarus
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 01/25/2013 - 04:45
Posts: 39
Location: Hungary

Thanks, I know, but it’s much more expensive. There is currently no choice in types (colors).

Dioda wrote:
You can stilk order the quad SST40 as MT04 by Mateminco at Ali
freeme
freeme's picture
Online
Last seen: 4 min 22 sec ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 9394

Few more sets left on Aliexpress.

Dioda wrote:
You can stilk order the quad SST40 as MT04 by Mateminco at Ali
Artiet59
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 1486
Location: CT, USA

freeme wrote:

Few more sets left on Aliexpress.


Dioda wrote:
You can stilk order the quad SST40 as MT04 by Mateminco at Ali

Freeme- Will these no longer be made anymore?
Artiet59
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 1486
Location: CT, USA

Is (4) xhp50 in this size light way too much of a novelty? I am really torn on spending $70 right now to buy the mt04… I keep comparing the output abs features To the anazing mf01 mini and am going back and forth to spend the $$

Pages